They pretty much dont like Americans; I guess because most of them that go into Iraq dont respect them and their customs/way of life. They like the British though
So let me get this straight, "off topic" to you means that it's OK to make insulting statements about Americans but not about former Yugoslavians? It doesn't feel so nice when others insult your people in the same manner you've insulted theirs, eh? For the record, it's not OK to insult anyone. Period.
I think you might need to re-read the thread. I made absolutely no assumptions, drazeN. My threads are quite clear. Here's a quick recap:
- You post video clips and insult all Americans
- Other people get defensive, call you on it, and tell you those clips don't represent the behaviours of most Americans. They represent individual behaviours.
- You agree that they are individuals but decide to also post more clips in an attempt to prove there are a LOT of Americans doing it. This puzzles me, are you trying to increase the size of that fire, or put it out, drazeN? If you had stopped after saying you'd agreed it was just individuals, we wouldn't have had a problem. You insisted on proving it was a lot of Americans. Mistake #1.
- I agreed that the behaviour was wrong but they were still individuals that comprise a very small percentage of the US population. I ask what you feel the US should do?
- You respond that it was the duty of the American citizens to figure out how to keep their military in check. This places the responsibility back on the citizens and not on the individuals. We've thus reverted to "All Americans are to blame for the poor behaviour of the scant few."
- I told you the best we could do is to educate people. If they break the law, they are punished for it. The rules are clear.
- You reiterated that it was individuals, but this contradicted your earlier statements.
- Homebizseo saw your statements, took great personal offense to them, and decided to mirror your original insult strategy.
- You took great offense to his words. Just as we did to yours.
- I asked him to stop.
- You accused me of attacking you for asking him to stop attacking you?
- You found yourself in the defensive position and decided you didn't like being in that position so suddenly all Americans were bad again. Now you're upset, just as we were, so you begin with the general insults about American citizens behaving badly etc etc.
During this thread you'll notice that I never once insulted your people, nor will I. The point of my responses was merely to show you what YOU were doing. It's sad that it took someone else mirroring your own behaviour to make you realize the impacts of your words.
It's also sad that you've just gone right back to insulting all Americans. As I said before, you obviously have a vendetta against us.
If you want this thread closed, close it. You have access to the thread tools just like everyone else.
Next time you open a thread like this, be prepared to deal with the consequences of your words/actions. I wish you the best.
I think the Iraqi's just want their country back at this point.
I'm an American who lives overseas. With the exception of a few Japanese-only establishments, and two particularly mean-spirited people in Britain, I have never been judged for country of origin or race.
Overall, the people I've met in the fifty or so countries I've visited have been willing to get to know the individual and not judge people by such trivialities.
I apologized for not making myself clear and switched discussion to (as intended) individuals but it is you who have shifting my words after every post toward all Americans and American citizens. If you can't punish one individual then go by the "command line", punish/blame squad leader.
When I posted another video did I mention it shows behavior of 'all Americans'? I think not! Unfortunately it was again same bad individuals.
As I said, America should watch after it's reputation. America have placed itself as an world leader so people, not only from America, expect from Americans to be best in everything.
I do not hate Americans, nor any other nation. This thread was meant to be discussion about actions of few individuals. But whats it worth writing for second time when you gonna just skip it...
Your efforts to clarify are most appreciated. What I'm trying to tell you is that you do work so hard to make yourself clear, then you post sarcastic generalizations like this:Originally Posted by drazeN
Saying things like that kinda negates your prior efforts no?Originally Posted by drazeN
As individuals, we can either choose to be respectful of others or choose not to be. Ultimately, regardless of anyone else's expectations, we can only really control our own behaviour.
Glad to see you don't have a vendetta against Americans. Thought for a second we'd have to throw a grenade or two at your sheep. *wink*