Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Americans in Iraq

  1. #1

    American individuals in Iraq

    Unfortunately this is just a small part of American behavior in Iraq, no wonder why everyone hates US.







    So, it that promised freedom/justice?
    Last edited by drazeN; 12 June, 2009 at 15:56 PM. Reason: title

  2. wait.. was that a hidden tank commercial? Cause it really made wanna buy one

  3. #3

    Americans in Iraq

    Be careful mate, you dont want me getting started on Yougoslavia now....

    And all the bad things they did...hmmm...whats his name "Milo...





    Quote Originally Posted by drazeN View Post
    Unfortunately this is just a small part of American behavior in Iraq, no wonder why everyone hates US.







    So, it that promised freedom/justice?

  4. #4
    Now if you start hating on military on Will's board, I'll have to go elsewhere brother...

  5. #5
    drazeN:

    I don't know who you mean by everyone, I love Americans.

    Those videos don't show anything. It's difficult to take them seriously considering two were filmed (traffic-stop style) from inside vehicles and don't explain the circumstances of the actions.

    For all we know, the first vehicle was on its way to a bomb site to save lives and the second was attempting to stop a potential car bomber.

    It's whatever spin the media (usually liberal, anti-war) wishes to place on it. Please don't tell me you've hopped aboard the "It's fashionable to hate Americans" bandwagon?
    (

    Diet Fads

  6. #6
    I'd say that no nation is perfect , there are bad apples everywhere ... however, we expect the american army to act more responsibally after the abu garib and other similar incidents ....

    Rest lets just hope things get better ..

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by seo.pro View Post
    I'd say that no nation is perfect , there are bad apples everywhere ... however, we expect the american army to act more responsibally after the abu garib and other similar incidents ....

    Rest lets just hope things get better ..
    You've somehow (unintentionally?) managed to convey that there are bad apples, but Americans are somehow going to be held to account above the rest?

    We can start with: Who is the "we" in the "we expect the american army."

    This isn't about Americans. This is about individuals.

    I'd be more than happy to hop onto my über-high horse and ready that second or third stone for casting. Just be sure to duck after casting that first stone. I may miss a few times.

    Indeed, let's hope things do get better on all sides. These skewed perceptions are obnoxious.
    (

    Diet Fads

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by drazeN View Post
    Unfortunately this is just a small part of American behavior in Iraq, no wonder why everyone hates US.

    So, it that promised freedom/justice?
    I don't see what the problem is? Confused or do you just hate Americans? You are a little jealous I see. I seem to recall the Iraqi's waving and saying "thank you". At least Iraq is more civil than Yugoslavia.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by homebizseo View Post
    I don't see what the problem is? Confused or do you just hate Americans? You are a little jealous I see. I seem to recall the Iraqi's waving and saying "thank you". At least Iraq is more civil than Yugoslavia.
    I don't know how jealousy would play into this. The media has done a pretty good job of making Americans and the American Military look pretty evil.

    Movies do it quite often. You take something completely benign, like a Leprechaun, add sinister lighting and a dark soundtrack, film it at some weird angles, and voila, you have a horror flick!

    The sad part is, the media that is most responsible for instilling fear and loathing against Americans is the American media.

    Would that be a form of treason or just clinically severe self loathing? I guess they need to sell the news somehow, eh?
    (

    Diet Fads

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinas View Post
    Be careful mate, you dont want me getting started on Yougoslavia now....
    And all the bad things they did...hmmm...whats his name "Milo...
    I see you don't know much about Balkan history, you can't even spell name right... Its Yugoslavia not Yougoslavia!
    Ahem... Who you mean by 'they'? Serbs probably? Ohh, poor naive guy..

    Quote Originally Posted by m42 View Post
    drazeN: I don't know who you mean by everyone, I love Americans.

    For all we know, the first vehicle was on its way to a bomb site to save lives and the second was attempting to stop a potential car bomber.

    It's whatever spin the media (usually liberal, anti-war) wishes to place on it. Please don't tell me you've hopped aboard the "It's fashionable to hate Americans" bandwagon?
    Not exactly everyone but a lot of people. President Obama knows that so he is working on fixing bad reputation by negotiating with Russia
    about anti-missile shield and changing politic standing towards Middle east.

    I doubt they were going to bomb site. Guy in last few seconds seems relaxed saying by "this guys picking his nose without a care in the world".

    They wouldn't run it off the road if it was rally a bomb car (activate bomb while they are near?), they would use machine gun and do it 'easier' way from fair safety. And there is someone cheering, "whoohoo".. Watch and listen video again.

    Quote Originally Posted by homebizseo View Post
    I don't see what the problem is? Confused or do you just hate Americans? You are a little jealous I see. I seem to recall the Iraqi's waving and saying "thank you". At least Iraq is more civil than Yugoslavia.
    What? So you take those actions as normal?! I don't hate Americans, I hate individuals like those in posted videos and those that allow and defend their actions.
    I think they regret it now, suicide bombs blowing all around and glorious army of USA can't do a thing about it...
    More civil? And you know that because of what? Have you ever ever been in former Yugoslavia or in any other country that was part of SFRJ(Yugoslavia) back then?

    Quote Originally Posted by m42 View Post
    I don't know how jealousy would play into this. The media has done a pretty good job of making Americans and the American Military look pretty evil.

    Movies do it quite often. You take something completely benign, like a Leprechaun, add sinister lighting and a dark soundtrack, film it at some weird angles, and voila, you have a horror flick!
    By seeing few post before yours I would say that American media has done the same with Serb population. USA have made a lot of movies about crimes but NONE about people who trow away guns and helped each other.
    You probably don't know this but there was a guy (Serb) who saved lots of Croats from military camp and he gained medal of honor/bravery from Croatian government. But you didn't know that, nor you want to known!

    Mesić odlikovao Aleksandra Jevtića, Srbina koji je spasio Hrvate u Vukovaru
    Hrvatski predsjednik Stjepan Mesić dodijelio je danas deset odlikovanja zaslužnim građanima kao izraz priznanja za njihov dugogodišnji rad i doprinos za Republiku Hrvatsku, a među inima odlikovao je Aleksandra Jevtića, vukovarskog Srbina koji je prilikom pada Vukovara spasio brojne hrvatske branitelje od sigurne smrti.
    Also, just to make clear for these that don't want to know more, Balkan was American and Russian playground. We were doing just fine without you/them, but then you/them decided to make some some money (selling weapons, loans with big interests) and to 'liberate' people form from their homes/family/happiness.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Iraq tracks US drones with cheap software
    By Hellas in forum Tech-Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22 December, 2009, 02:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •