Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: US Knife to the Heart of World Future Energy

  1. #1

    US Knife to the Heart of World Future Energy

    All energy industry agencies recognize that far and above the premier sources of future natural gas are the Middle East and Eurasia, including Russia. The US-based EIA puts the natural gas reserves in these regions as nine and seven times those of North America’s total – the latter itself being one of the world’s top sources for that fuel.
    Within the Middle East, Iran is the undisputed top holder of gas reserves. Its South Pars gas field is the world’s largest. If converted to barrel-of-oil equivalents, Iran’s South Pars would dwarf the reserves of Saudi Arabia’s giant Ghawar oilfield. The latter is the world’s largest oilfield and since it came into operation in 1948, Ghawar has effectively been the world’s beating heart for raw energy supply. In the soon-to-come era of natural gas dominance over oil, Iran will oust Saudi Arabia as the world’s beating heart for energy.
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=18176
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    If Iran has so much natural gas why do they need nuclear energy?
    Good question I guess it is obvious about their intentions. The question is for what purpose? It seems like the article point that, and perhaps the real reasons are to protect and to defend their ressources.

    I am curious about what they will say once they've got what they want to build.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    Good question I guess it is obvious about their intentions. The question is for what purpose? It seems like the article point that, and perhaps the real reasons are to protect and to defend their ressources.

    I am curious about what they will say once they've got what they want to build.
    Iran has a better security poistion at time in the last 50 years. In the early 1980's Iraq was on one side and the Soviet Union on the other in Afganistain.

    The US has plenty of energy of its own in the vast coal and oil shale resources. Though, the US probably needs the nuclear energy a lot more than Iran. The US hasn't built a new nuclear reactor in 40 years. France produces 90% of its electricity from nuclear. So it is certainly possible.

    Another issue is that Iran can't even produce much yellow cake. The stock pile that they have was purchased by the Shah back in the '70s.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Iran has a better security poistion at time in the last 50 years. In the early 1980's Iraq was on one side and the Soviet Union on the other in Afganistain.

    The US has plenty of energy of its own in the vast coal and oil shale resources. Though, the US probably needs the nuclear energy a lot more than Iran. The US hasn't built a new nuclear reactor in 40 years. France produces 90% of its electricity from nuclear. So it is certainly possible.

    Another issue is that Iran can't even produce much yellow cake. The stock pile that they have was purchased by the Shah back in the '70s.
    US has many ressources but they will never use it in mass before overseas ressources are ending.

    I have heard that Iran has some uranium mines, I don't know how much.

    Huge money, ressources, pipelines projects and geopolitic are involved in this area, I am not even mention all the competition between Russia and China in this area and US protecting their allies in the region.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    US has many ressources but they will never use it in mass before overseas ressources are ending.

    I have heard that Iran has some uranium mines, I don't know how much.
    Western powers believe that Iran's supply of yellow cake uranium, the material required to manufacture nuclear weapons, could run out within months, the Times of London reported on Saturday.

    Report: Iran's uranium supply could run out within months - Haaretz - Israel News


    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    Huge money, ressources, pipelines projects and geopolitic are involved in this area, I am not even mention all the competition between Russia and China in this area and US protecting their allies in the region.
    Russia is far more richer in natural resources than the Middle East. Russia in addition to gas, oil, gold, metals etc are a leading exporter of wheat and timber.

    Russia's primary goal in the Middle East is to secure export markets for weapons and nuclear rechnology. Russia no longer has enough demand and still has millions of people that know nothing other than this type of work.

    It is somewhat likely that Russia and China come into conflict over Manchuria in the future. Manchuria is a vast resource rich area that is almost uninhabited. Russia siezed Manchuria from China during the 1860 time period and China at some point will attempt to get it back.

    The Russian Far East totals 6.2 million square kilometers and the population is expected to decline to 4.5 million people by 2015 with 75% of the population residing in cities like Vladivostok.

    Russia itself is also in decline and it's population is expected to fall below 100 million within the next 20 years.

Similar Threads

  1. Sex After Heart Attck
    By Aki in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17 May, 2010, 21:12 PM
  2. [WTS] Simple Ways to Save Energy -
    By Kovich in forum Content
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17 January, 2010, 14:12 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18 September, 2009, 15:00 PM
  4. "Why did Michael Jackson die of a heart attack?"
    By Mike Dammann in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27 August, 2009, 13:13 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24 June, 2009, 15:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •