Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Improve Page Load Times by Leeching Bandwidth from Google

  1. Improve Page Load Times by Leeching Bandwidth from Google

    The title is a bit of a joke; Google wants you to leech their bandwidth.

    If your web page is calling one of the supported libraries, you can call it from Google's CDN (Content Delivery Network) instead of from your own server by using the Google AJAX Libraries API.

    This will save you a bit of bandwidth and will make your pages load faster for most of your site visitors.

    The libraries currently supported are:



    I think it's hilarious that Google's CDN is supporting YUI.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    The title is a bit of a joke; Google wants you to leech their bandwidth.

    If your web page is calling one of the supported libraries, you can call it from Google's CDN (Content Delivery Network) instead of from your own server by using the Google AJAX Libraries API.

    This will save you a bit of bandwidth and will make your pages load faster for most of your site visitors.

    The libraries currently supported are:



    I think it's hilarious that Google's CDN is supporting YUI.

    that shows how much they care about Web and not just about themselves (no flame-wars please )

    also this has one more effect,

    I tried compressing jquery and other scripts but the compression done at google CDN is comparatively larger then the compression i can achieve at my webhost.

    just adding my two cents.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I think it's hilarious that Google's CDN is supporting YUI.
    Konkurrenz belebt das Geschäft i.e Competition stimulates business

  4. I host many files with Google. I have 2GB disc space and super fast download speed...
    Find Best Web Hosting Service. It's good or bad host? - JustHost Review
    Download free joomla themes for version 1.5 and 1.6

  5. Quote Originally Posted by proweb View Post
    I host many files with Google. I have 2GB disc space and super fast download speed...
    How do you do that ?
    As far as i remember,Google doesent offer web hosting,just picasa and google docs

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,797
    So can I just replace this with the paths on Google's page?

    PHP Code:
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.runningonlinebusiness.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.3.2'></script> 
    Also, this seems a bit different, so can I do it with this as well?

    PHP Code:
    <script type='text/javascript'  src='http://www.runningonlinebusiness.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.form.js?ver=2.02m'></script> 

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338

  8. #8
    Course, if you use Google's libraries, you are relying on the "Cloud" to not crash ... enough moving parts for me that I'll give it a miss to put code dependencies in Big G's hands...too much effort for too little ROI with multiple sites. Especially if they change their minds (Big G) and I have to switch back at a latter date.

    They (or any other big business) would likely care less if it creates more work on our end, so I will just watch for now. If anyone sees a 10+% jump in visitors that you can attribute to the speed increase, I would still only probably consider for 1-2 sites.

    I do think its funny they are supporting the Yahoo library...makes you wonder if Big G considers Apple or Microsoft the bigger threat.
    Cheers,
    James

  9. Quote Originally Posted by javanx3d View Post
    Course, if you use Google's libraries, you are relying on the "Cloud" to not crash ... enough moving parts for me that I'll give it a miss to put code dependencies in Big G's hands...too much effort for too little ROI with multiple sites. Especially if they change their minds (Big G) and I have to switch back at a latter date.

    They (or any other big business) would likely care less if it creates more work on our end, so I will just watch for now. If anyone sees a 10+% jump in visitors that you can attribute to the speed increase, I would still only probably consider for 1-2 sites.

    I do think its funny they are supporting the Yahoo library...makes you wonder if Big G considers Apple or Microsoft the bigger threat.
    Cheers,
    James
    Agreed,such a small increase in speed is hardly noticeable,not that I am saying you shouldn't try to force any bit of speed you can,but if have to work on it a lot and its not reliable,then those 10% (probably much less) aren't worth the trouble.

  10. I think it's hilarious that Google's CDN is supporting YUI.
    Actually, you would be surprised about how much Microsoft, Google, and Yahoo! are still connected with each other. As far as I remember, those 3 still have data sharing agreements in place.

    For example, they still share the same database of banned sites--if you get banned on one search engine then most likely you'll notice that the other 2 search engines will end up banning you, too, because they share the data amongst each other.
    Need links? Try AuthorLinks where you can buy or sell links based on Authorship and Klout score. Check out my blog or like me on Facebook.

Similar Threads

  1. Best Way To Improve Google Rankings
    By Sample in forum Promoting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21 July, 2010, 12:29 PM
  2. Speed Up Page Load Times by Compressing Your CSS
    By Will.Spencer in forum Managing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27 March, 2010, 17:37 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12 January, 2010, 01:11 AM
  4. Five Ways to Speed Up Page Response Times
    By Nic SEO in forum Building
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17 July, 2009, 10:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •