I was looking for one of these a couple of years ago.
I could not find one, so I had one created.
I changed my mind about how I wanted to do that project, so I never used this script.
But here it is.
And here's a bit of documentation:
Download Manager is a set of PHP scripts which enable you to add a file download section to your web site.
Download Manager Requirements
Download Manager requires PHP and MySQL.
Scripts included with Download Manager
- add_software.php - Used to add a new software package to Download Manager
- list_files.php - Lists available files. Calls these scripts:
- download_file.php - Manages downloads.
- view_file.php - Enables vistors to view the details of a specific file.
- rate.php - Enables visitors to rate files.
- reviews.php - Enables visitors to submit reviews.
- register.php - Enable visitors to create accounts.
- login.php - Enables Download Manager users to login.
- retrieve_login.php - Enables visitors to retrieve lost passwords.
- install.php - Creates the database tables required by Download Manager
- admin.php - Main administrative interface for Download Manager. Calls these scripts:
- admin_add_category.php -
- admin_add_evaulation.php -
- admin_add_license.php -
- admin_manage.php -
- admin_manage_categories.php -
- admin_manage_evaulations.php -
- admin_manage_file.php -
- admin_manage_licenses.php -
- admin_manage_review.php -
- admin_newest_files.php -
- admin_newest_reviews.php -
- admin_stats.php -
Administering Download Manager
When visitors add files, you will have to go into admin.php and approve them by clicking on "Approve Files(s)", viewing each file description, and clicking "Approve Software."
When visitors enter reviews, you will have to go into admin.php and approve them by clicking on "Approve Review(s)", viewing each review, and clicking "Approve Software."
Installing Download Manager
To install Download Manager, you will need to:
- Create a database for Download Manager to utilize
- Edit config.php
- Run install.php
- Edit templates/header.tpl to customize the header to match your web site
- Edit other template files as necessary
- Add a link on your web site to list_files.php