Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: phpDesigner and Dreamweaver?

  1. #11
    Dreamwaver / Notepad +

    These are the ones I use, never used phpDesigner...


    Greetz
    |Nico Lawsons

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
    Make that 2 pains even though I love it too; specially when I'm far far away from my local Server and Laptop, putty + vi are my best friends; I can even work on my PDA.

    :wq

    Oh yes, I use Dreamweaver a lot too.

    EDIT

    90% of the banks in Europe still run COBOL programs on their IBM Z/OS systems (mainframes).
    Illinois State University has 2 IBM z/OS mainframes. One that we use in the IT classes to learn from and the second is for all of the student records and stuff. The IT mainframe was donated to Illinois State for learning purposes and a major program was even developed to learn the legacy programming language.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by stickycarrots View Post
    Illinois State University has 2 IBM z/OS mainframes. One that we use in the IT classes to learn from and the second is for all of the student records and stuff. The IT mainframe was donated to Illinois State for learning purposes and a major program was even developed to learn the legacy programming language.
    That's damn cool!

    Are you using Linux there also? I mean since IBM started to include Linux compliance on the Z/OS, every bank decided to install it and try so I thought maybe Uni's did the same.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
    That's damn cool!

    Are you using Linux there also? I mean since IBM started to include Linux compliance on the Z/OS, every bank decided to install it and try so I thought maybe Uni's did the same.
    No actually, I don't believe ISU supports Linux at all.

  5. #15
    All Z/OS's support Linux these days, at least for 6 or 7 years now.

  6. #16
    Personally Dreamweaver and Notepad++ , in my country besides, or probably those at the University of Informatics no one is learning PHP at school, or how to design a page, how to upload a site, you must do it yourself if you want or if you can.
    ...

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Szise View Post
    Personally Dreamweaver and Notepad++ , in my country besides, or probably those at the University of Informatics no one is learning PHP at school, or how to design a page, how to upload a site, you must do it yourself if you want or if you can.
    Yeah, we've barely covered anything that has to do with web development and that's my concentration. Of course, I'm only 4 semesters in. Hopefully over the next two years they'll start trying to teach me things I already know so I can get the easy A's

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by stickycarrots View Post
    Yeah, we've barely covered anything that has to do with web development and that's my concentration.
    I'm Year 9 and I'm taking Year 13 web design this year (at high school / college / whatever). I was given an 80 page booklet on Photoshop to work through, finished it within a week. Looking forward to next lesson, to show the teacher and retrieve my block of white macadamia chocolate.

  9. phpDesigner is the best. My second fave would be Enginsite PHP Editor.

    For HTML, I only hand-code (using phpDesigner). There's nothing I hate more than Dreamweaver lol.
    Adscend Media, Affiliate Network
    https://adscendmedia.com
    Ask me about our content gateway, which will successfully monetize virtually any kind of content!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Dreamweaver vs Web Page Maker.
    By kris1911 in forum Web Design
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27 September, 2014, 12:01 PM
  2. Dreamweaver vs. Hand Coding
    By Farrhad A in forum Web Design
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 5 February, 2011, 06:55 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10 November, 2009, 04:53 AM
  4. iWeb vs Dreamweaver designs
    By Airball in forum Web Design
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9 August, 2009, 21:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •