1. Title tag of every page should be unique and keyword infusion into the tile tag should be done smartly.
2. Meta descriptions of all pages should be written uniquely and also a well measured knack of keyword alteration into the description should be their.
3. Try to avoid image links or flash links or Java script links for inter linking of you site.
4. Optimize the images of your site with Alt Tag because crawlers are unable to read images. Thus put some effective sentence into the Alt tag which is containing your selected key phrases as well.
5. Remember you should use targeted keywords as text in case of cross linking between your own pages.
6. Do not forget to infuse your selected keywords into your web content for every page and those keywords should be relevant with the page content or topic.
7. Try to spread text links for important web pages from your main page (index page) of your website.
8. If the site is older but newly come to you then check whether their any black hat techniques are used or not, if so then remove them quickly.
9. Remember links of your all web pages should be short and easily accessible by search engine crawlers. Change unwontedly long links if exist.
10. Do not forget crawlers are unable to read image contents. So try to avoid images for placing your content and place contents within the text part of your web page.