Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Adding Links to Wikipedia

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    It really also depends on the Wikipedia page that you add the link to. Some pages your link will be removed within 10 minutes and you will be banned. However, for other pages the links stay for a long time.
    as already said link will definetely be remoed if you are adding non relevant link but if you are authority for that page then you an very well add links

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by anantshri View Post
    as already said link will definetely be remoed if you are adding non relevant link but if you are authority for that page then you an very well add links
    Here's a comment under the ==External links== that I found.

    I like the one about submitting your link to the Open Directory Project

    <!--===========================({{NoMoreLinks}})====== =========================-->
    <!--| DO NOT ADD MORE LINKS TO THIS ARTICLE. WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A COLLECTION OF |-->
    <!--| LINKS. If you think that your link might be useful, do not add it here, |-->
    <!--| but put it on this article's discussion page first or submit your link |-->
    <!--| to the appropriate category at the Open Directory Project (www.dmoz.org)|-->
    <!--| and link back to that category using the {{dmoz}} template. |-->
    <!--| |-->
    <!--| Links that have not been verified WILL BE DELETED. |-->
    <!--| See [[Wikipedia:External links]] and [[Wikipediapam]] for details |-->
    <!--===========================({{NoMoreLinks}})====== =========================-->

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Here's a comment under the ==External links== that I found.

    I like the one about submitting your link to the Open Directory Project

    <!--===========================({{NoMoreLinks}})====== =========================-->
    <!--| DO NOT ADD MORE LINKS TO THIS ARTICLE. WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A COLLECTION OF |-->
    <!--| LINKS. If you think that your link might be useful, do not add it here, |-->
    <!--| but put it on this article's discussion page first or submit your link |-->
    <!--| to the appropriate category at the Open Directory Project (www.dmoz.org)|-->
    <!--| and link back to that category using the {{dmoz}} template. |-->
    <!--| |-->
    <!--| Links that have not been verified WILL BE DELETED. |-->
    <!--| See [[Wikipedia:External links]] and [[Wikipediapam]] for details |-->
    <!--===========================({{NoMoreLinks}})====== =========================-->


    loooks like this page was already exploited beyond control. but if your site is an authority then you na go into to the talk page add your link their and it will eventually come on the main page.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    This is interesting. I added a site to wiki and a couple of hours later the site went to Page 1 on Google from Page 2

    Quote Originally Posted by anantshri View Post
    loooks like this page was already exploited beyond control. but if your site is an authority then you na go into to the talk page add your link their and it will eventually come on the main page.
    Wiki is turning into another DMOZ. On the "do not add more links" pages most of the sites are .gov and .edu

  5. i've jsut added my travel site to this page of the wiki
    Cebu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    thanks for the info.


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338
    good to see that info provided by me is actually helping someone

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    The link is still sticking after 24 hours. However, whatever SEO effect only lasted a few hours and the site dropped back to the second page.

    It is still possible to add some links. I've got some that have lasted more than a year. But it's getting more difficult.

    Google recently gave Wikipedia $2 million. But the money doesn't go to the editors.

    There's some noise on the web that a cabal of editors is developing similar to what happened at the DMOZ. Once the community was ignored the DMOZ went downhill fast.

  8. #18
    It should be noted that the links from wikipedia external links are no follow. But are authority links and add grace to your link building campaign. Still majority of webmasters don't know how to add links in wikipedia.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by ryananderson08 View Post
    It should be noted that the links from wikipedia external links are no follow. But are authority links and add grace to your link building campaign. Still majority of webmasters don't know how to add links in wikipedia.

    they give you more authority only if you already have certain level of authority.

    They also give you constant source of traffic.

    note: a caution to all don't try to abuse it.

  10. #20
    How did this work out for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by whatthehell View Post
    i've jsut added my travel site to this page of the wiki
    Cebu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    thanks for the info.
    Submit Your Proxies @ NewProxySites.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ranking above Wikipedia
    By tetrapak in forum Promoting
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 9 January, 2012, 23:30 PM
  2. Using Wikipedia Content
    By DickTracy in forum Content and Writing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 1 August, 2010, 13:10 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2 September, 2009, 10:32 AM
  4. HideMyAss Beats Wikipedia!
    By Will.Spencer in forum Web Proxies
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 29 August, 2009, 13:06 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12 June, 2009, 06:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •