Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Competitors backlinks

  1. #1

    Competitors backlinks

    Besides finding relevant places on my own to drop a link, I am also watching what the competitors have done and see if I can drop a link at the same place if the site is relevant.


    Is it correct to start with backlinks to the competitor site that ranks first and then just work down to competitor backlinks from subsequent search results (worse rankings)?


    Do you consider backlinks of sites that appear at second and subsequent pages too initially? Or, does it really matter at all?

  2. #2
    I have done that for a couple of my sites. It helped them rank better and it also gave me a PR boost. I really focus on the top sites and work my way down the list. However, I do not go for low quality sites, or sites with tons of OBL etc.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 5starpix View Post
    I have done that for a couple of my sites. It helped them rank better and it also gave me a PR boost. I really focus on the top sites and work my way down the list. However, I do not go for low quality sites, or sites with tons of OBL etc.
    I thought maybe there could be a more advanced way but perhaps it's as simple as that

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Loko View Post
    I thought maybe there could be a more advanced way but perhaps it's as simple as that
    Yeah, it is quite simple. There really isn't anything to it

  5. #5
    I never tried of building backlinks to my competitors' sites. I track the links of my competitors using siteexplorer and build backlinks to them instead.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlam1989 View Post
    I never tried of building backlinks to my competitors' sites. I track the links of my competitors using siteexplorer and build backlinks to them instead.
    That's exactly what Loko was talking about
    |Nico Lawsons

  7. #7
    I try to get links at the same places as my competitors. For one of my sites, I found the site that ranks #1 for my keywords and bought advertisements all over it

Similar Threads

  1. Competitors
    By Sbfc_ in forum Community Building
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 13 June, 2010, 14:09 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2 April, 2010, 13:48 PM
  3. Competitors
    By Franc Tireur in forum Business
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 16 February, 2010, 17:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •