View Poll Results: Content vs Backlinks??

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Content

    10 47.62%
  • Backlinks

    11 52.38%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: Content vs Backlinks??

  1. #11
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovich View Post
    What good is having backlinks if no content for people to come see?
    Sure you need content but not a lot. 3-5 articles is enough to get started.

    The key is getting the search traffic and building backlinks.

    Once the site starts getting traffic for the targeted keywords you can start building it out and add more content.

  2. Thanked by:

    wwe_fan9417 (7 November, 2009)

  3. #12
    Jamie's Avatar
    Jamie is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Both content and backlinks should come together equally important... With the exception of course with wallpaper sites that rely heavily on backlinks.

  4. #13
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Both content and backlinks should come together equally important... With the exception of course with wallpaper sites that rely heavily on backlinks.
    Sure. You can use content to build links with article marketing and free content sites like squido and hubpages.

  5. #14
    Kovich's Avatar
    Kovich is offline Community Guardian
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,797
    Blog Entries
    30
    Thanks
    453
    Thanked 420 Times in 279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Both content and backlinks should come together equally important... With the exception of course with wallpaper sites that rely heavily on backlinks.
    I don't even think wallpaper sites are profitable anymore - unless you're designing your own.
    Like this guy: http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/ (And look, his content just got him a backlink! xD)

  6. #15
    janicejan is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    A good quality content would build links for itself, people may discus your site and start placing your link on their blog entries also other people will surely refer you to another.

    do you know how to build links on .edu & .gov sites? one biggest requirements before these sites will put you in their libraries is your content..

    So overall, content for me weighs more heavier than backlinks..

  7. #16
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janicejan View Post
    A good quality content would build links for itself, people may discus your site and start placing your link on their blog entries also other people will surely refer you to another.

    do you know how to build links on .edu & .gov sites? one biggest requirements before these sites will put you in their libraries is your content..

    So overall, content for me weighs more heavier than backlinks..
    Blogs have better success with building natural backlinks. Especially when you use tools like trackbacks, rss directories and blog comments.

    Business sites can have more of a problem in getting backlinks. Do you really need every widget site having artciles on the history of widgets? Business sites usually need to do some link building. It's usually hard for a business site to get listed on the .gov and .edu sites as well.

  8. #17
    garfish's Avatar
    garfish is offline I'm Not Sure.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    848
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 57 Times in 54 Posts
    contents still. contents can be search in google so site will still receive visitors from search engines
    i like pictures and a little text in my contents.

  9. #18
    Sukijus is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Content is very important if you want to bait people to come back to your site. But I think the link building (this is my opinion) is maybe more important cause you have more chances being ranked better on search engines.

  10. #19
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthehell View Post
    contents still. contents can be search in google so site will still receive visitors from search engines
    i like pictures and a little text in my contents.
    Good content provides search traffic on the long tail keywords so it is still needed. But then we come to the question of the tail before the horse. In order to succeed, the website still needs high search traffic on the short tail keywords which can only be accomplished by having enough link juice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sukijus View Post
    Content is very important if you want to bait people to come back to your site. But I think the link building (this is my opinion) is maybe more important cause you have more chances being ranked better on search engines.
    The answer to the question of "content or backlinks" isn't black & white. Content can be used as link bait and therefore is a link building method.

    The content needs to be juiced or you won't get the traffic volume.

  11. #20
    airforce1's Avatar
    airforce1 is offline Athletic Shoes Dealer Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ShoesBuyOnline.com
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I think if contents is king for sites then backlinks must be God.
    Men's air jordan shoes, women jordan shoes,
    jordan fusion shoes buy online.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 4 February, 2010, 23:51 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25 January, 2010, 02:19 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30 September, 2009, 11:43 AM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 29 March, 2009, 15:52 PM
  5. Content VS. Backlinks
    By Karl in forum Promoting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25 March, 2009, 04:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •