Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Domain Banned On Google - Need Advice

  1. #1

    Smile Domain Banned On Google - Need Advice

    Hello,

    I recently bought two domains, and I built a very good site on them. Both domains were for one site.

    Example:

    www.product.com and www.products.com

    I have let one domain redirect to the next domain. After building the entire site I found out that both domains were banned, and not listed in the search engine. ( I did site:mydomain.com at google)

    I have spent some time doing article submissions, directory submissions and link building.

    Now my question is;

    IS IT WORTH SPENDING MORE MONEY WITH ARTICLE SUBMISSIONS AND LINK BUILDING?

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  2. #2
    Send a reconsideration request from Google Webmaster Tools, and explain in your message that you have just bought the domains.

    It happened to me a couple of times before, and the domains were unbanned in a couple of days and indexed a few days later.

  3. #3

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by tmongy View Post
    Send a reconsideration request from Google Webmaster Tools, and explain in your message that you have just bought the domains.

    It happened to me a couple of times before, and the domains were unbanned in a couple of days and indexed a few days later.
    Were they unbanned and indexed after you sent them a message? I always thought that they never checked those messages.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 5starpix View Post
    Were they unbanned and indexed after you sent them a message? I always thought that they never checked those messages.
    Yes, the sites were not getting indexed for about 2 months, and about 4 days after I sent them the message they started getting indexed.

    They do actually take the site reconsideration request messages very seriously and they look at all of them.

    Take a look at this video from Google, as it explains the process in more detail:


  5. #5

    Smile Thanks tmongy

    Thanks a lot for the video! Will check it out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ShoesBuyOnline.com
    Posts
    67
    I think the modification on your sites my be done before asking for a Google re-index. IMO.

    Have a nice day,
    Men's air jordan shoes, women jordan shoes,
    jordan fusion shoes buy online.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    I think the modification on your sites my be done before asking for a Google re-index. IMO.

    Have a nice day,
    What do you mean by that?

  8. #8
    You must admit that what you have done in Reconsideration request and then tell them what changes you have made and assure them that the site is now following Google guidelines.. Then I think it will be indexed soon.

    Hope it will helps you..
    Template: Request Reconsideration To Remove Google Penalty

  9. #9

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by wwe_fan9417 View Post
    You must admit that what you have done in Reconsideration request and then tell them what changes you have made and assure them that the site is now following Google guidelines.. Then I think it will be indexed soon.

    Hope it will helps you..
    Template: Request Reconsideration To Remove Google Penalty
    I totally understand, but the issue is this;

    I never knew what happened, because I bought the domains from someone else. The domains were registered back in 2008. Anything could have happened between June 2008 and November 2009 . I am just thinking of what to tell them, because I have done nothing wrong on my part. All I know is that my site currently does follow the google webmaster guidelines.

    Thats the exact same template I was looking at

  10. #10
    Then tell them that you purchased it from someone and tells them that the site is now not violation Google Guidelines. It will take few weeks..

    Quote Originally Posted by 5starpix View Post
    I totally understand, but the issue is this;

    I never knew what happened, because I bought the domains from someone else. The domains were registered back in 2008. Anything could have happened between June 2008 and November 2009 . I am just thinking of what to tell them, because I have done nothing wrong on my part. All I know is that my site currently does follow the google webmaster guidelines.

    Thats the exact same template I was looking at

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Advice on .co domain
    By GeeOne in forum Domaining
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7 May, 2010, 17:08 PM
  2. How NOT to buy a Google banned domain name
    By DotComBum in forum Domaining
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19 October, 2009, 20:31 PM
  3. Want advice on Selling Domain URL
    By britishguy in forum Domaining
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14 May, 2009, 01:09 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18 March, 2009, 09:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •