[G2SEO] | Part-4: Setting Goals
Nobody wants to waste time. But they will be I f you don't have a clear picture of:
- what you want to achieve through your website
- your audience
- what you want to do with it
- your site in the long-term perspective
What is your site's purpose?
For some people, a website or a blog is an extension of themselves. It represents their interests. For some, it is a way to sell something, to generate leads (and of course, money) or to share their knowledge. It might even be just to maintiain an online presence.
Your goals will influence the way you are going to setup your search optimization campaign.
You can have multiple goal, but try to make a difference between your primary and secondaries goals.
John, a freelance web designer, has a website.
His Primary Goal is to share what he knows about web-designing. His Secondaries Goals are to make money by offering his services to make webpages/logo banners, etc. AND to get people to suscribe to an affiliate program to which he suscribed recently.
Who is your target audience?
Everyone needs to pin down its target audience. Read carefully:
Try to be as much specific as you can eve be when it comes to choose your audience.
Originally Posted by Brad Callen
What does your site do?
Make a list of:
- How does your website help or solves the problem your target audience has?
- How many steps are between your users and what you want them to do in order to reach you Primary Goal?
- What information does your site provides with its users?
Stay tune for #5!