Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Heavy link exchange

  1. #1
    Szise is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts

    Heavy link exchange

    I saw some sites doing heavy link exchange, (directory style) with more than 50 sites, what you think? is a good idea? they rank on first and second page for a very competitive keyword. Is this a good SEO model?
    ...

  2. #2
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,846
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 590 Times in 462 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Szise View Post
    I saw some sites doing heavy link exchange, (directory style) with more than 50 sites, what you think? is a good idea? they rank on first and second page for a very competitive keyword. Is this a good SEO model?
    When you exchange with a lot of sites it's good, as long as you aren't exchanging links within 2 days. Exchanging with one or two sites daily is the maximum IMO.

    And remember that it's always better to get 1 link to your site, without providing a backlink than 5 link exchanges
    |Nico Lawsons

  3. #3
    Dr. Stavros is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 32 Times in 22 Posts
    Some people will tell you that too many links on the same page is bad, because:

    1. Google think it's a link farm and will punish it accordingly.
    2. The PageRank passed on is diluted amongst all those links.

    And as Aquarezz said, two-way links (exchanges) are not highly regarded by Google.

  4. #4
    ruben's Avatar
    ruben is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    378
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 56 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    When you exchange with a lot of sites it's good, as long as you aren't exchanging links within 2 days. Exchanging with one or two sites daily is the maximum IMO.

    And remember that it's always better to get 1 link to your site, without providing a backlink than 5 link exchanges
    I agree with aquarezz

  5. #5
    wwe_fan9417's Avatar
    wwe_fan9417 is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Punjab, India
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Yes, It's helpful.. Do Link Exchanges with quality sites only. Do L.E. with few years old, PR sites . If possible do three way Link Exchange.. Two way exchange is Ok but three way is best..

    Quote Originally Posted by Szise View Post
    I saw some sites doing heavy link exchange, (directory style) with more than 50 sites, what you think? is a good idea? they rank on first and second page for a very competitive keyword. Is this a good SEO model?

  6. #6
    sturat's Avatar
    sturat is offline Article Marketing Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 158 Times in 83 Posts
    I agree with wwe_fan9417. 3 way link exchange is better . It is almost like 1 way links

  7. #7
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,258 Posts
    Personally, I avoid "directory style" link exchanges. I will normally only exchange in-content links.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  8. #8
    DickTracy is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
    I know of a large group of sites where all the group sites (about 30 of them) are listed in the footer of every page on every site, and where every site has a large directory/link exchange section (perhaps 50 pages, each with 50 links).

    Not only are they not penalised but they rate very highly for lots of major keywords and are now a premium adsense publisher. Their sites are unlikely to attract many natural links so I guess it is the link exchanges and interlinking that make them rate highly (and their age, it is a long established group).

    I wonder, are many sites actually penalised for these things or is it just that google tell us not to do it - so we don't, and we assume that they can ignore the links anyway.

    Does anyone actually know for certain of any sites or groups of sites that have been penalised for interlinking or large scale link exchanges?

  9. #9
    garfish's Avatar
    garfish is offline I'm Not Sure.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    846
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 57 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Personally, I avoid "directory style" link exchanges. I will normally only exchange in-content links.
    whys that?
    i just start submitting my site to directories.

  10. #10
    Szise is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DickTracy View Post
    I know of a large group of sites where all the group sites (about 30 of them) are listed in the footer of every page on every site, and where every site has a large directory/link exchange section (perhaps 50 pages, each with 50 links).

    Not only are they not penalised but they rate very highly for lots of major keywords and are now a premium adsense publisher. Their sites are unlikely to attract many natural links so I guess it is the link exchanges and interlinking that make them rate highly (and their age, it is a long established group).

    I wonder, are many sites actually penalised for these things or is it just that google tell us not to do it - so we don't, and we assume that they can ignore the links anyway.

    Does anyone actually know for certain of any sites or groups of sites that have been penalised for interlinking or large scale link exchanges?
    Trying to manipulate the search engine? exchanging links to rank higher, artificial link building? anyway is true, they rank very well and saw sites linking to over 100 sites ranking in first 20 and i don't rank anywhere with my blog commenting efforts .
    ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Free] get your link at 42000 pages (link exchange)
    By rashid in forum Links
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5 May, 2011, 08:21 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23 October, 2010, 09:51 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30 August, 2009, 10:14 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5 February, 2009, 14:34 PM
  5. [WTT] Link exchange.
    By epidemic in forum Links
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25 January, 2009, 19:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •