Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: How to get Targeted US Traffic to my site?

  1. #11
    Very interesting topic is going on here. Placing US telephone number on my site gets US traffic seems very interesting thing.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovich View Post
    So by having "Telephone: +1 (415) ###-####" on my blog's Contact Me page, Google will determine that my site is in the US?
    (It is, but I just didn't realize the phone number would be a factor.) Very interesting!
    I would also put the local phone number on the homepage and perhaps in the footer as well as the contact page.

    Here's a good article that I found about On-Site Geo-Targeting and Local Search Optimization | Search Engine Journal that talks about other geo-specific details like pricing in local currency, working hours based on local standards and time zone, dates in the local format.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    I would also put the local phone number on the homepage and perhaps in the footer as well as the contact page.

    Here's a good article that I found about On-Site Geo-Targeting and Local Search Optimization | Search Engine Journal that talks about other geo-specific details like pricing in local currency, working hours based on local standards and time zone, dates in the local format.
    Hi,

    I like the idea but I can't see putting my ph # on the website. I can only imagine the calls I would be getting. Not good

    To buy a extra phone # for a site would add an extra expense.

    I do know of a company that has about 300 people working for it 24hr around the clock doing nothing but answering the phone and taking orders. You can set up any number and when dialed it is forwarded to them and they answer. This would be great if you are into e-marketing.

    But for a normal site

    This one also get me. Direct from their post.

    Make sure to add your local phone number (including area code) to your contact details and home page.
    Yet however this site does not have this info on there home page. They do however have there info on the contact page. No phone number however.

    The post makes very strong points. But why should we listen to this SEO blog who don't follow their own advice?

    Sami
    Current Celebrity Gossip Movies & More TV Site
    Find out how I'm able to get up to 420 backlinks for month, by spending 30 seconds per day...all for FREE! - Click Here

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami4u View Post
    Hi,

    I like the idea but I can't see putting my ph # on the website. I can only imagine the calls I would be getting. Not good

    To buy a extra phone # for a site would add an extra expense.
    Adding a phone number is useful for a site that is providing a service or selling goods. It wouldn't be useful for a publisher that would gain nothing from answering the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sami4u View Post
    Yet however this site does not have this info on there home page. They do however have there info on the contact page. No phone number however.

    The post makes very strong points. But why should we listen to this SEO blog who don't follow their own advice?
    The phone number helps geo target a website in my experience.

    The SEO blog doesn't need a phone number. But a phone on the website would help service providers like webdesigners and CPAs.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,797
    Well, I listed a phone number I registered with Google Voice on my blog.
    (PM me if you want a free invite, I think I have 3 left or something.)

    Sure, it's not necessary or even important. I doubt anybody reading my blog would want to call or text me - but if they do, I welcome the opportunity. I think of it as just another way to establish a report with readers and keep the door open for feedback and advice.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovich View Post
    Well, I listed a phone number I registered with Google Voice on my blog.
    (PM me if you want a free invite, I think I have 3 left or something.)

    Sure, it's not necessary or even important. I doubt anybody reading my blog would want to call or text me - but if they do, I welcome the opportunity. I think of it as just another way to establish a report with readers and keep the door open for feedback and advice.
    Hi,

    Yes but your male.

    I worked in a lingerie store I had the Store name, address and phone # of the store on the site. I ended up with a freak stalker in the store. And it was not fun. Enough said.

    I honestly hope you do not live through my experience.

    Ever see Fatal Attraction (1987)

    Sami
    Current Celebrity Gossip Movies & More TV Site
    Find out how I'm able to get up to 420 backlinks for month, by spending 30 seconds per day...all for FREE! - Click Here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 3 July, 2012, 03:22 AM
  2. [WTB] Targeted Unique Website Traffic
    By ronaldobrown in forum Advertising
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2 June, 2010, 17:03 PM
  3. [WTS] Premium Targeted US Traffic from $3.29
    By WebTrafficSeller in forum Services
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24 January, 2010, 13:25 PM
  4. [WTB] Buy Targeted [US],[EU] Web Traffic
    By poison.95eq in forum Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11 August, 2009, 16:04 PM
  5. Use Yahoo! Answers To Get Targeted Traffic
    By DotComBum in forum eBooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30 May, 2009, 17:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •