Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: How I got 200K backlinks in 2 weeks

Hybrid View

  1. How I got 200K backlinks in 2 weeks

    I did a very interesting experiment last month. I purchased a link spot at a large private network of sites, which has millions of pages and sites indexed.

    It was for a relatively unestablished site. The site was actually pr2 and had maybe 50-100 backlinks in yahoo. It's also a few years old, but I've rebuilt it completely several months ago.

    Before this experiment it was ranking somewhere between #9-12 spots in Google for the main keyword and somewhere on 2nd or 3rd pages for other keys. The site wasn't making any serious money and I didn't have much expectations from this, so this was done purely in scientific purposes to see what effect a million links can have on serps

    First few days I watched in yahoo backlinks how my link counts grew, first it was around 100, then 500, 1k, 5k, 10k.. 50k.. 100k

    Now, a little less than two weeks into the experiment there are about 200K backlinks shown in yahoo for the site, all going to the frontpage. These are only backlinks shown and only in the yahoo tool. So take into account that yahoo doesn't list all the backlinks they find in their tool and that Google might find more backlinks, so this could easily go up to a few million links for Google.

    And guess what happened to the serps?

    They are all gone! The main keyword where my site used to be #9 in Google it's now #190 and for the other one #163.

    The site is not banned or deindexed and ranks #1 for the domain name, but all the serps for keywords are gone and Google is not sending any traffic now.


    I guess that means adding tons of backlinks very fast can cause you to lose serps and now I have some definitive proof for it, as nothing really says SEO like doing your own experiments and analyzing the results.

    So.. adding 200K links in 2 weeks will kill your serps, on the other hand it should work on your competitors too.

  2. #2
    Wow. Wonder for how long this effect will stay. Keep us informed if any when the positions get better/worse.

    Probably this could even mean that placing a link to your website on your forum signature with 5k+ posts could be dangerous.

    Btw, was the site from where you got the backlinks niche specific or was it totally unrelated? and from how many different domains did you buy the links?

  3. I haven't noticed any significant changes in serps before when placing a link on my signature and I have 10k posts in DP. So I'd say sig links can't really hurt you , doesn't help that much either though.

    Not many different domains actually, but many different subdomains - topics are all over the place, mostly unrelated to my site's theme. Google is showing over a million pages indexed where my link should be.

    I'm very curious to see how this plays out myself.
    I had a similar "experiment" before when someone tried to Google-bomb one of sites out of the serps with thousands of spam links and it worked for a while, but a few months later the site bounced back to the serps even stronger. I suppose something like this should happen here too, but the timing is a mystery.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by DomainMagnate View Post
    .
    Not many different domains actually, but many different subdomains - topics are all over the place, mostly unrelated to my site's theme. Google is showing over a million pages indexed where my link should be.

    I'm very curious to see how this plays out myself.
    I had a similar "experiment" before when someone tried to Google-bomb one of sites out of the serps with thousands of spam links and it worked for a while, but a few months later the site bounced back to the serps even stronger. I suppose something like this should happen here too, but the timing is a mystery.
    It appears that you tripped a spam filter. If the site has enough trust or some of the links have authority though the links won't trip the spam filter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snak3 View Post
    Probably this could even mean that placing a link to your website on your forum signature with 5k+ posts could be dangerous.
    5k+ posts isn't so much. With the Caffeine update, G seems to love Web 2.0 links from forums and social sites.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    5k+ posts isn't so much. With the Caffeine update, G seems to love Web 2.0 links from forums and social sites.
    Agreed. But i wonder how much the quality of links differs considering 'x' number of backlinks from a forum signature and the same number of backlinks from a blogroll of a site having the same trust/age/pr/authority as the forum.

    Theoretically, the sitewide links should do better than the forum signatures, but how much could be the total difference.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Snak3 View Post
    Agreed. But i wonder how much the quality of links differs considering 'x' number of backlinks from a forum signature and the same number of backlinks from a blogroll of a site having the same trust/age/pr/authority as the forum.

    Theoretically, the sitewide links should do better than the forum signatures, but how much could be the total difference.
    I don't have any answer. But I can speculate that a blogroll has more editorial quality opposed to a forum signature links. Also, a blog usually has a limited number of outbound blogroll links where a forum may have millions of signature links from thousands of members.

  7. #7
    Dependent on the quality of those links, you should jump up in the SERPs after an undefined period of time. Google likes to dance.

    When you build links slowly, you don't see results in 2 weeks. When you build links quickly, you don't see results in 2 weeks. I believe that Google's use of gradual techniques are set in place for the sole purpose of weeding out spammers. If you can prove to Google that you are not a spammer, you will see the same results as you would have you had built those links slowly.

  8. #8
    Keep us updated from time to time. Wondering what will hapen for 5-6 months maybe...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    N43°54′, E017°40′
    Posts
    242
    Keep us posted as the situation develops.

  10. #10
    i believe all the link will pay back someday, google don't punish link (i think cause no one can stop who linking to u) ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [WTB] Cheap Traffic for 2-3 weeks
    By MervikHaums in forum Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13 July, 2010, 20:36 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13 December, 2009, 07:31 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14 November, 2009, 15:02 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31 August, 2009, 19:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •