Link Building is the process of creating inbound links to one's own website. This can be done by reciprocal links, being listed in e-zines, newsletters, directories, search engines, etc. Link building is one of the best ways to make your site very popular. Reciprocal links or link exchanges is the process where two webmasters agree to show the others link on their website. After Link building when the number of sites which link to a particular site, is known as link popularity, which helps in the search engine ranking of a website.
There are many advantages of Link building.
• Link building helps you in getting quality traffic from particular related sites which increases sales.
• When there will be high quality incoming links the site will also be seen a valuable resource.
• Link building helps in creating awareness, visibility and credibility of your site.
• The site also obtains wider search engine exposure.
• It also helps the website get indexed by search engines.
Today links have become important for all websites and they are worth the money. In fact, there are several companies dedicated to selling links (as opposed to companies that you can pay to do link building for you).
But remember, Google aren't dumb, they know that companies are just spreading links all over. Make sure your links are relevant to the subject of the page coming from, and that you don't use the same exact text with all your links.
There are people who do link building as a job and being paid for it. Honestly, I'm one of them. But the only problem that I have faced in this kind of job is that many sites do think my links are spam and the work will not be paid. :(
Remember that Link Building is about Quality of links as much as the quantity. To get proper links, following are some tips:
• Content, content and content. The more original, witty, informative, entertaining is your content, the more sites likely to want to link you.
• Submit to Social Bookmarks such as Digg and del.i.cious and Stumbleupon, it makes a difference.
• Make it easy for your users to share your pages using viral marketing tools such as Addthis. Check this link for Addthis - http://www.addthis.com
• Issue some press releases.
• Contact publication editors and webmasters to request for the links.
• Create a useful product that others will share, and freely link to such as widget, tool, ebook etc.
I fully understand your concern. It used to happened with me as well, when I was a newbie. Gradually, I got to know that things can be made easy by paying some extra efforts. Go to the tips I have given, and check if it helps you.
Originally Posted by HelenaA
Yeah SEO is hard, but worthwhile
I have been doing what you have already said. In case for my blog, which is quite new, I post various links from various sites to get impressions for my site.
Originally Posted by Mindmaster
By the way, does link-building increase ones page rank? If yes, how?
Yes it does. The more inbound links a site has, the higher the page rank!
My question now is, how many links from other sites do I need to increase my page rank?
Originally Posted by KMRock
My blog is currently PR0 and just got online last June.
Link building will give you the link juice that you will need for your site to be indexed by the search engines