Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Reciprocal Link Building

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Reciprocal Link Building

    Building links through reciprocal link exchanges is a simple yet very powerful website promotional tool.
    If done correctly, increasing your linkage will:
    1. Increase your traffic significantly.
    2. Improve your visibility in the search engines.
    3. Provide an added resource to your website.
    4. Save you a lot of advertising money.
    5. Save you time.

  2. #2
    Be careful with reciprocal links exchanges:

    Excessive reciprocal links or excessive link exchanging ("Link to me and I'll link to you.")
    Link schemes - Webmaster Tools Help
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Reciprocal Linking can be a good way to get a backlink.

    But what you should know is that a site can be penalized for excessive reciprocal linking. For instance, websites in the real estate industry have been google slapped for reciprocal link exchanges.

    Some other big problems with link exchanges are low quality link pages and link cheating. So the end result is that you may end up doing a lot of work looking for linl partners, but you get little or no return.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Reciprocal Linking can be a good way to get a backlink.
    Yes, its good but one-way linking is better than reciprocal linking.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by cuinee View Post
    Yes, its good but one-way linking is better than reciprocal linking.
    Sure. A one-way link is better. But some webmasters won't link back to you unless you provide a reciprocal.

  6. #6
    A client that I picked up a couple of years ago was into some heavy reciprocal linking. In his industry, he was always getting hit up with reciprocal link requests.

    I advised him that most of these requests were scams and the link pages were probably blocked from search engine spiders, did not pass PageRank or the links used the nofollow attribute. He didn't believe me, but followed my advice and checked out his link partners. Out of 42 link exchanges, only two were legitimate. He was pissed!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    A client that I picked up a couple of years ago was into some heavy reciprocal linking. In his industry, he was always getting hit up with reciprocal link requests.

    I advised him that most of these requests were scams and the link pages were probably blocked from search engine spiders, did not pass PageRank or the links used the nofollow attribute. He didn't believe me, but followed my advice and checked out his link partners. Out of 42 link exchanges, only two were legitimate. He was pissed!
    The reciprocal link requests are usually low on the food chain. They are usually sent from link moneys that give you a low quality 3-way link back from the fundirectory or something like that.

  8. #8
    Buying links is another option for one way backlinks. You should keep in mind these tips while exchanging links too

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by sturat View Post
    Buying links is another option for one way backlinks. You should keep in mind these tips while exchanging links too
    It's probably cheaper than the time spent on exchanging links and tracking them.

  10. #10
    The problem with reciprocal link requests is that overwhelming majority of them never intend to give you a viable link. They are really looking for a one-way link to their site because the link that they provide is useless.

    It is just one of thousands of scams found in cyberspace.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are Reciprocal Link Exchange Sites preferable?
    By berlanmiranda55 in forum On-Site SEO
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 4 September, 2012, 12:50 PM
  2. What's the difference between Backlink Checker & Reciprocal Link Checker?
    By YaroslavKorchagin in forum Reciprocal Link Checker
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4 February, 2010, 16:03 PM
  3. Link exchange and reciprocal links.
    By kris1911 in forum Promoting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 3 August, 2009, 15:30 PM
  4. [WTH] Reciprocal Link Builder
    By ari in forum Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16 March, 2009, 18:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •