Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Shoemoney vs Matt Cutts

  1. #21
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by britishguy View Post
    Agree 100% bogart

    It is incredibly naïve the arrogance and hubris that this company G utilizes either directly behind ‘smoke and mirrors’ because they do not have the guts – to come out openly and declare that this is this, instead they dish out penalties et al – executed by face less killers - slaying folks who are legally making money – they think they are culling seals
    Of the three major search engines, Google is by far the best. But you are right that they are shooting themselves in the foot.

    The "paid" lunancy is diminishing their brand. PageRank has got to rank as one of the greatest marketing tools of all time. It built the google brand. But, Google's crusade against "paid" is killing the gimick.

    I hear term "illegal" linking all the time the time. How is linking illegal?

  2. #22
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    FTC plans to crack down on Paid Links

    1) FTC plans to issue new guidelines this summer regulating affiliate marketing.

    2) FTC says the guidelines would cover paying some Twitter users to post short items.

    FTC plans to monitor blogs for claims, payments - Yahoo! Finance

  3. #23
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,259 Posts
    It looks like all of those shareholder dollars Google plowed into the Obama campaign bought them some serious influence in Washington. Google wants to kill any type of Internet marketing that isn't AdWords/AdSense. Affiliate marketing and paid tweets are obviously on the top of their target list.

    Of course, the FTC is the Federal Trade Commission. They may be able to effectively harass Americans, but it seems to me that most of the rest of the planet is going to tell the FTC where they can shove their regulations.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  4. #24
    Shenron's Avatar
    Shenron is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,900
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    561
    Thanked 548 Times in 368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    it seems to me that most of the rest of the planet is going to tell the FTC where they can shove their regulations.
    I was thinking the same.

    Regulations up yours...

  5. #25
    GlobalFusion's Avatar
    GlobalFusion is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Of course, the FTC is the Federal Trade Commission. They may be able to effectively harass Americans, but it seems to me that most of the rest of the planet is going to tell the FTC where they can shove their regulations.
    Sweet!!! So that's the card spammers were waiting for to legalize their off-shoring offers. I can even see a twitter.in in the make just to funnel those tweets into the US mainstream with no risk. Will the FTC stop that, ha? how? Are they gonna close collecta.com, oneriot.com, topsy.com, tweefind.com, twazzup.com and other twitter alternative engines?

    They are opening a huge can of worms that can make more licit the illicit. #FAIL!

  6. #26
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    It looks like all of those shareholder dollars Google plowed into the Obama campaign bought them some serious influence in Washington. Google wants to kill any type of Internet marketing that isn't AdWords/AdSense. Affiliate marketing and paid tweets are obviously on the top of their target list.
    Google is starting to get political. Google CEO Eric Schmidt was appointed to the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.

    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/techchron/detail?blogid=19&entry_id=39176

    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Of course, the FTC is the Federal Trade Commission. They may be able to effectively harass Americans, but it seems to me that most of the rest of the planet is going to tell the FTC where they can shove their regulations.
    The FTC want to go after "pay to blog" as well.

    It looks like there will be new meaning to the term "illegal linking".

    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalFusion View Post
    Sweet!!! So that's the card spammers were waiting for to legalize their off-shoring offers. I can even see a twitter.in in the make just to funnel those tweets into the US mainstream with no risk. Will the FTC stop that, ha? how? Are they gonna close collecta.com, oneriot.com, topsy.com, tweefind.com, twazzup.com and other twitter alternative engines?

    They are opening a huge can of worms that can make more licit the illicit. #FAIL!
    It depends on where the companies that pay for the ads are based.

  7. #27
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    It looks like there will be new meaning to the term "illegal linking".
    They will take my keyboard only when they pry it from my cold dead hands!

    Err.... maybe I shouldn't give the government any ideas.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  8. #28
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    "I’ll appoint the nation’s first Chief Technology Officer." - Barrack Obama

  9. #29
    Shoemoney is offline Unknown Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    FTC plans to crack down on Paid Links

    1) FTC plans to issue new guidelines this summer regulating affiliate marketing.

    2) FTC says the guidelines would cover paying some Twitter users to post short items.

    FTC plans to monitor blogs for claims, payments - Yahoo! Finance
    I dont think the FTC needs more "plans to have guidelines" they just need to enforce what they already have.

    They already have tons of stuff relating to disclosure and even in reguards to blogs but its all suggestions... which is what this will be.

    I hate how Google always refers to these FTC suggestions like they were law.... they are just suggestions.

    This disclosure thing is just absurd IMO anyway.

    I could make a checkbox that rotated 50% of the time which on 1 hand would say "I agree I am a idiot and you can resell all my personal info" and I think you would find the results astonishing.

    That is because we have lost all site of personal responsibility and judgment and are numb to these "privacy policies".

    When we create a new website/service It costs me a minimum of 2500 to our legal just for all the privacy policies and terms of service (of which I am sure nobody ever reads).

    The last thing we need is more disclosure.

    I vote for more people using there heads.

  10. Thanked by:

    bogart (22 June, 2009)

  11. #30
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoemoney View Post
    I dont think the FTC needs more "plans to have guidelines" they just need to enforce what they already have.

    They already have tons of stuff relating to disclosure and even in reguards to blogs but its all suggestions... which is what this will be.

    I hate how Google always refers to these FTC suggestions like they were law.... they are just suggestions.

    This disclosure thing is just absurd IMO anyway.

    I could make a checkbox that rotated 50% of the time which on 1 hand would say "I agree I am a idiot and you can resell all my personal info" and I think you would find the results astonishing.

    That is because we have lost all site of personal responsibility and judgment and are numb to these "privacy policies".

    When we create a new website/service It costs me a minimum of 2500 to our legal just for all the privacy policies and terms of service (of which I am sure nobody ever reads).

    The last thing we need is more disclosure.

    I vote for more people using there heads.
    It always seems the case that big business is in bed with big government.

    Excessive regulation stiffles small business to the gain of the big corporations.

    Regulating paid tweets is crazy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Matt Cutts' Disclaimer
    By Franc Tireur in forum Search Engine News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28 April, 2011, 11:36 AM
  2. Matt Cutts and URL Shorteners
    By TopDogger in forum Search Engine News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19 April, 2011, 01:02 AM
  3. Matt Cutts loses a bet
    By ruben in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 1 November, 2009, 11:52 AM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 22 July, 2009, 07:00 AM
  5. SEO Tips from Matt Cutts
    By Melissa in forum Promoting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21 July, 2009, 06:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •