Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Use Telephone Number in Meta Title Tag?

  1. #11
    janicejan is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Interesting idea, I never thought of adding telephone number in meta tags before. and never knew that it could also be clickable, I do think that its a great help in increasing people who will be contacting us because they get to see the number in an instant.

  2. #12
    seattleorganicseo is offline Seattle Organic SEO · · · — — — · · ·
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smile <address> tag usage results?

    Just curious Loko, but have you seen better SEO results after applying the <address> tag?

    I'd like to place my address, but unfortunately, my "home base" is a PO Box in a city 15 mins away where it's easier to get a PO Box & a city I used to live in. I wonder if the names being different might conflict in google's local algorithm (if there is a local algorithm yet).

    Anyway, I'd be curious to hear your successes or lack thereof the use of the <address> tag. Thanks in advance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loko View Post
    Interesting article. At the moment, I am using the html <adress> tag in my contact page.
    Seattle Organic SEO · · · — — — · · ·
    Seattle SEO

  3. #13
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seattleorganicseo View Post
    Just curious Loko, but have you seen better SEO results after applying the <address> tag?

    I'd like to place my address, but unfortunately, my "home base" is a PO Box in a city 15 mins away where it's easier to get a PO Box & a city I used to live in. I wonder if the names being different might conflict in google's local algorithm (if there is a local algorithm yet).

    Anyway, I'd be curious to hear your successes or lack thereof the use of the <address> tag. Thanks in advance.

    Seattle Organic SEO · · · — — — · · ·
    Seattle SEO
    You can put a local telephone number on the site using a virtual phone number.

  4. #14
    Loko's Avatar
    Loko is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    964
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 347 Times in 241 Posts
    Several searches reached my site via the [cityname][some of my site's keywords] query. The adress is on a separate contact page and the keywords are perfectly relevant to the content (of other pages) of the site too.

    If the <address> tag was the catalyst for these visits, i don't know but I found the keyword/location link remarkable.

    The site is actually not targeting a local city, rather a few surrounding countries.

    Cheers and welcome to the forum


    Quote Originally Posted by seattleorganicseo View Post
    Just curious Loko, but have you seen better SEO results after applying the <address> tag?

    I'd like to place my address, but unfortunately, my "home base" is a PO Box in a city 15 mins away where it's easier to get a PO Box & a city I used to live in. I wonder if the names being different might conflict in google's local algorithm (if there is a local algorithm yet).

    Anyway, I'd be curious to hear your successes or lack thereof the use of the <address> tag. Thanks in advance.



    Seattle Organic SEO · · · — — — · · ·
    Seattle SEO

  5. Thanked by:

    bogart (4 December, 2010), seattleorganicseo (4 December, 2010)

  6. #15
    seattleorganicseo is offline Seattle Organic SEO · · · — — — · · ·
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up

    So, you don't have your location in your site's keyword eh? Maybe there is a correlation, if you were getting some searches because of the address.

    Intuitively, it just makes sense to have the "same city" in the address coordinating with my "city name" hopes for kw searches.

    Anyway, I appreciate the quick feedback. Thanks for the kind welcome

    Quote Originally Posted by Loko View Post
    Several searches reached my site via the [cityname][some of my site's keywords] query. The adress is on a separate contact page and the keywords are perfectly relevant to the content (of other pages) of the site too.

    If the <address> tag was the catalyst for these visits, i don't know but I found the keyword/location link remarkable.

    The site is actually not targeting a local city, rather a few surrounding countries.

    Cheers and welcome to the forum
    Seattle Organic SEO · · · — — — · · ·
    Seattle SEO

  7. #16
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Even if the SE didn't recognize the tag, it should still crawl the information.

  8. #17
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts
    I did some test on my property site (add phone number to meta and title, 100k post), result is excellence but plenty of junk call ......

    The result might turn me in to Property Negotiator, everyday i received around 30-50 call abt property inquiry, if i have the time i will seriously consider abt selling property

  9. Thanked by:

    Loko (6 December, 2010)

  10. #18
    Loko's Avatar
    Loko is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    964
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 347 Times in 241 Posts
    So you are saying people actually call you about property? That sounds like a good basis to start a business.

    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    I did some test on my property site (add phone number to meta and title, 100k post), result is excellence but plenty of junk call ......

    The result might turn me in to Property Negotiator, everyday i received around 30-50 call abt property inquiry, if i have the time i will seriously consider abt selling property

  11. #19
    SonnyCooL's Avatar
    SonnyCooL is offline HeeHa
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melb/Malaysia
    Posts
    920
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 92 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loko View Post
    So you are saying people actually call you about property? That sounds like a good basis to start a business.

    Yah .....
    Problem should be my country internet user (or most internet user), they saw the number then call, local user don't or hardly use email to communicate, they just need to click contact seller button and real seller will be there but they take step early .... or they still don't trust internet yet .....


    Result is good and i pass those potential buyer to real seller, not sure about the conversion rate but i think it will work out (if i hard working enough )

    off topic :
    my next step will be provide live support via gtalk and android, so i can reply their msg when i on the move

  12. #20
    Loko's Avatar
    Loko is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    964
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 347 Times in 241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logoonlinepros View Post
    Phone number is tittle tag is not such a good practice for seo.
    Why you can do this.
    Why not ?







    -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Title Case
    By Will.Spencer in forum Building
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 17 September, 2009, 18:40 PM
  2. Same <title> and <h1>
    By Hellas in forum On-Site SEO
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25 August, 2009, 22:38 PM
  3. Importance of title
    By DickTracy in forum On-Site SEO
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21 July, 2009, 13:28 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 9 April, 2009, 19:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •