Website promotion is an inevitable and integral part of every online business that wants to increase its revenues and potentials. When promoting an online business you simply follow the same principles as in promoting any kind of business, so as to make sure that other people get to know it. Promoting your business online is though quite much beneficiary if you know how to do it.
- First of all you need to submit your website to search engines; this is the most practical and efficient way to drive qualified and targeted traffic to your website. Using search engines, you can actually attract a rather proactive group of visitors and people who are looking for products similar to yours. Google, Yahoo, Altavista, Lycos, are just some of them. Addme.com offers a wide array of submissions sites, both paid and free.
- Internet directories are also a good idea. They can prove a valuable source of traffic and back links, which are very beneficial to your overall rankings. Yahoo and Dmoz are two directories you need to consider before everything else.
- Use Trusted Feed. Trusted feed is a method that can help you increase your visibility and presence in search engines. It’s a hybrid search product which combines the organic listing in Yahoo with a particular bid structure, according to your field and category. If you own an online store and shopping business, then you will find this tool quite helpful, because it is a very practical search marketing tool for sites with high traffic and volume.
- Launch an Email Marketing Campaign: email marketing is a very powerful and effective method of website promotion and lead generation. It is considered to be a rather aggressive marketing method, because it is more personalised, but it’s highly compensating when done correctly. Create a well targeted mailing list and make sure it is opt in; you don’t need to spend time and money on people who are not interested in what you have to say. Moreover an opt-in list eliminates the risk of being black listed for spamming.
- Combine methods and practices and work on SEO. On-site SEO is absolutely necessary if you want to increase traffic and climb the search engines rankings.
- Make sure that your website is accessible by all search engines. You can find that out using SEO Toolkit and checking your original WebPage copy.