Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Women...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498

    Women...

    I find it very disturbing and sexist that more and more, women are becomming a new way to advertise things online.

    Here's how I was welcomed at Shoemoney.com (see both first posts).
    http://www.shoemoney.com/

    Not that I don't like women (:P), but for me, ads sites and women in light clothes aren't meant to go together.

    Not what I would call a very ethic manner to promote things.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic SEO View Post
    I find it very disturbing and sexist that more and more, women are becomming a new way to advertise things online.

    Here's how I was welcomed at Shoemoney.com (see both first posts).
    http://www.shoemoney.com/

    Not that I don't like women (:P), but for me, ads sites and women in light clothes aren't meant to go together.

    Not what I would call a very ethic manner to promote things.
    Sex has been used to advertise things for AGES. Think about movies. When was the last time you saw one without a sex scene? Or at least some kind of sexy female character. Same goes for television ads. I'm not surprised that its going on online.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498
    Yes I know, but some time ago, online marketing was still clean from such methods.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic SEO View Post
    Yes I know, but some time ago, online marketing was still clean from such methods.
    Probably because it was saturated with other kinds of "dirty" methods, haha.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyheathen View Post
    Probably because it was saturated with other kinds of "dirty" methods, haha.
    Indeed.


    But you, as a woman, don't you feel offended?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic SEO View Post
    Indeed.
    But you, as a woman, don't you feel offended?
    Nope. I'm not the girl in the poster, and I like girls, so I'm subject to marketing ploys such as this. *shrug* Sex sells. End of story. I'm not going to advertise my websites with it, but the dude is just pulling tricks from the book.

  7. #7
    I recently found an interesting post on sex in ads.

    http://momgrind.com/2009/02/08/sex-sells/

    Well, to me, those ads are really gross and if they remove the women in it and get creative, they might end up having better results.

    And by the way, back in February, Copyblogger published a post, "When Sex Refuses to Sell"
    http://www.copyblogger.com/when-sex-refuses-to-sell/
    Gloson Blog - How-tos, tips, and more!
    Poetry Talents - Funny poetry for kids!

    Twitter - @Gloson

  8. #8
    What about the dude in the background. I find that very offensive :P

  9. #9
    Sex sells, it's as simple as that. You have to remember, Prostitution is described as the World's oldest profession.

    When there's a way to make money through 'exploiting' Women, everyone will do it. Online or offline.

Similar Threads

  1. what do women like to buy online?
    By garfish in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 8 April, 2014, 19:06 PM
  2. [WTS] Home & Health PR3, Women PR2
    By de'somad in forum Links
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13 November, 2010, 04:24 AM
  3. [WTS] Home & Health PR3, Women PR2
    By de'somad in forum Links
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17 September, 2010, 09:26 AM
  4. Who is the most sexiest women in world?
    By chatterbox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21 August, 2009, 15:45 PM
  5. Where are all the women?
    By Mike Dammann in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12 January, 2009, 17:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •