Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

Thread: New Attack on the Proxy List: Credit Card Fraud

  1. #51
    Glypus is offline Naturally Straight Edge
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Secret
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Now the jackasses are frauding the $1 transactions.
    The best way (that I can see) to put frauds out of business (Or partially so) is to ban their weapon of choice, free domains.

    Until then you will continue to see the worst side of humanity.
    Best proxy hosting ever - Almost Zero downtime + Superfast Use coupon "TEWD" for 50% off for lifetime

  2. #52
    Aquarezz's Avatar
    Aquarezz is offline Master Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,852
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 591 Times in 463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glypus View Post
    The best way (that I can see) to put frauds out of business (Or partially so) is to ban their weapon of choice, free domains.

    Until then you will continue to see the worst side of humanity.
    That's not going to happen, we all know that

    It's a big awesome joke, but I guess you're just doing whatever is possible -- blocking those noobs as good as you can. You can't get fraud out of this world, it's just so clear now already because of the 1$ frauds

    Weren't you making some credit system? Like they buy credits on their account and can spend it, but the account costs something everytime etc and eventually needs a verification? Or have I dreamt about all that?

    Maybe it's not worth all the hassle, are you missing a lot of earnings because of these fraud cases? Just wondering..
    |Nico Lawsons

  3. #53
    Glypus is offline Naturally Straight Edge
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Secret
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    Maybe it's not worth all the hassle, are you missing a lot of earnings because of these fraud cases? Just wondering..
    C'mon Will, even if you don't care about the earnings, why let these frauds have such a free run. Make it hard as hell for them and maybe they will go away.

    Don't let these guys take your money, spam your list, make money and get away with it. REVENGE !!!!!!
    Best proxy hosting ever - Almost Zero downtime + Superfast Use coupon "TEWD" for 50% off for lifetime

  4. #54
    robjones's Avatar
    robjones is offline Trail Boss
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    1,115
    Thanks
    513
    Thanked 441 Times in 292 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glypus View Post
    C'mon Will, even if you don't care about the earnings, why let these frauds have such a free run. Make it hard as hell for them and maybe they will go away.

    Don't let these guys take your money, spam your list, make money and get away with it. REVENGE !!!!!!
    You're a vindictive, spiteful, confrontational SOB.

    I like that in a guy. LOL
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

  5. #55
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,259 Posts
    The trouble is... how to verify identity on the Internet in a scalable fashion?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  6. #56
    Glypus is offline Naturally Straight Edge
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Secret
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
    Some ideas (Not to verify identity on the Internet in a scalable fashion?, What the heck does that mean?)

    1] Instead of individual proxy submission fees, why not start a monthly membership fees proxy submitters club. Multiple membership type options (Gold/silver/bronze) depending on number of proxies to submit per month and monthly membership fees according to the type of membership. Would that give greater control?

    2] Disable new registrations for proxy submissions and delete fraud accounts till the userbase is clean. Only netbuilders users with a certain number of posts or (Insert criteria here) can get in afterwards. New registrations should be disabled without warning before frauds get a chance to create a gazillion new accounts for later use.
    Best proxy hosting ever - Almost Zero downtime + Superfast Use coupon "TEWD" for 50% off for lifetime

  7. #57
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glypus View Post
    Some ideas (Not to verify identity on the Internet in a scalable fashion?, What the heck does that mean?)
    It means that there is no really low-cost, high-speed, easily-repeatable way to verify someone's identity across the Internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glypus View Post
    1] Instead of individual proxy submission fees, why not start a monthly membership fees proxy submitters club. Multiple membership type options (Gold/silver/bronze) depending on number of proxies to submit per month and monthly membership fees according to the type of membership. Would that give greater control?
    I don't think that changes the dynamic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glypus View Post
    2] Disable new registrations for proxy submissions and delete fraud accounts till the userbase is clean. Only netbuilders users with a certain number of posts or (Insert criteria here) can get in afterwards. New registrations should be disabled without warning before frauds get a chance to create a gazillion new accounts for later use.
    Ah... the problem is that the fraud notices from PayPal usually come 30-90 days after the fraud occurs.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  8. #58
    Maling is offline Unknown Net Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    why dont you use liberty reserve?so the money can't be reversed and it also have the minimum fee compared to paypal only $2.99 max per transfer...or you can use other payment processor that can't be reversed after the transfer.i recommend LR because i only have experience in these two payment processor.
    Last edited by Maling; 17 June, 2010 at 06:34 AM.

  9. #59
    Will.Spencer's Avatar
    Will.Spencer is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,259 Posts
    Very very few people have LR money.

    Heck, even I don't have money in LR.

    Want to sell some LR bucks?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  10. #60
    Glypus is offline Naturally Straight Edge
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Secret
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
    Maybe we should start a small scale payment processing system, some sort of alternative to paypal.

    No idea how that would work though.
    Best proxy hosting ever - Almost Zero downtime + Superfast Use coupon "TEWD" for 50% off for lifetime

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Credit Card Processors
    By Will.Spencer in forum Business
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2 August, 2010, 20:59 PM
  2. [WTH] Need someone with a credit card
    By Khan in forum Services
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16 October, 2009, 01:33 AM
  3. [WTS] VISA Virtual Credit Card
    By darknight90 in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25 August, 2009, 10:24 AM
  4. Which one is the best Credit Card ?
    By hendricius in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 30 July, 2009, 13:18 PM
  5. [WTS] VISA Virtual Credit Card.
    By darknight90 in forum Services
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25 July, 2009, 13:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •