Using the AtProxy Script and Twitter
Now that Twitter has made some changes with the way that external sites can post to your Twitter account, you will need to follow the steps below to get it setup.
These steps are for Version 2.4 of the script.
- Go to dev.twitter.com
- Fill out the form (you must be logged into a Twitter account to do this.) Application Type and Callback URL do not matter. Default access type must be set to Read & Write.
- Click Register Application.
- Now that you have registered your application you will be redirected to a page with information about it. There are two pieces of info you need from this page. Consumer key & Consumer secret. These need to go under $cfg['consumer_key'] and $cfg['consumer_secret'] respectively in the config file.
- Now click on My Access Token on the right hand side of the page. You need the Access Token and Access Token Secret. These need to go under $cfg['access_key'] and $cfg['access_secret'] respectively in the config file.
- Make sure $cfg['enable_payments'] is set to true and new listings on the proxy site will be posted to the Twitter account.
I suggest you do this for each proxylist as then you can link back the updates to your website.
Let me know if you have any questions or problems.
Last edited by Nathan; 18 September, 2010 at 10:44 AM.
Programmer, web developer and entrepreneur.