Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Amazon Unveils Futuristic Mini-Drone Delivery Plan

  1. #31
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is online now Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    3,181
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked 929 Times in 711 Posts
    When I was a kid all the science magazines were talking about how everyone was going to have personal helicopters by the 1990s. You were going to be able to commute to work in your personal helicopter and land it in your back yard. It sounded like a great idea at the time. Of course, we are still a long way away from that. Some ideas sound good in theory, but fall apart due to impracticality.

    I have my landing pad, but am still awaiting my helicopter.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  2. #32
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,119
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 148 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    When I was a kid all the science magazines were talking about how everyone was going to have personal helicopters by the 1990s. You were going to be able to commute to work in your personal helicopter and land it in your back yard. It sounded like a great idea at the time. Of course, we are still a long way away from that. Some ideas sound good in theory, but fall apart due to impracticality.

    I have my landing pad, but am still awaiting my helicopter.
    First you have to take into consideration the realistic technologies, some are just unpractical. I firmly believe that public transport here are under developed and massive fret transportation by trains could use clean energy like hydrogen and/or electric power instead of fossil fuel.

    The future looks like the movie "the 6th day"

    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  3. #33
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is online now Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    3,181
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked 929 Times in 711 Posts
    Why not use transporters? I see them used all the time in Star Trek movies. They look like they work pretty well.

    The video shows something similar to what we were all supposed to have available years ago. There were a lot of flying cars on the drawing board back then. I suppose you could have one of those today if you have a spare $1.5 million laying around.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  4. #34
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,119
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 148 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    The video shows something similar to what we were all supposed to have available years ago. There were a lot of flying cars on the drawing board back then. I suppose you could have one of those today if you have a spare $1.5 million laying around.
    Today you can buy a $250,000 ticket for a space trip by Virgin Galactic. Perhaps one day it will be possible to have flying car. What was science fiction yesterday could be reality today or tomorrow
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  5. #35
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is online now Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    3,181
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked 929 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franc Tireur View Post
    Today you can buy a $250,000 ticket for a space trip by Virgin Galactic. Perhaps one day it will be possible to have flying car. What was science fiction yesterday could be reality today or tomorrow
    Thanks for the tip. I took the spare $250,000 I had hidden in a sock and bought a ticket on a Virgin Galactic flight.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  6. #36
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,119
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 148 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I took the spare $250,000 I had hidden in a sock and bought a ticket on a Virgin Galactic flight.
    Tss Tss if you are in the 1% you will not have a problem with that, it is good for the economy and the trickle down will work perfectly
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  7. #37
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is online now Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    3,181
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked 929 Times in 711 Posts
    Here is a better use for drone technology.

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  8. #38
    TopDogger's Avatar
    TopDogger is online now Über Hund
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hellfire, AZ
    Posts
    3,181
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked 929 Times in 711 Posts
    There could be a bounty on drones. Lock and load.

    Colorado Town Considers Letting Residents Shoot at Drones
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  9. #39
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,119
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 148 Times in 118 Posts
    If you have $40,000 you can ride your own drone of future

    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  10. #40
    iowadawg's Avatar
    iowadawg is offline Free Cell Champion
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Not in Texas
    Posts
    2,228
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 369 Times in 318 Posts

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •