Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Google Ranking Factors Updated

  1. #1
    Franc Tireur's Avatar
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,720
    Thanks
    283
    Thanked 141 Times in 112 Posts

    Google Ranking Factors Updated

    There are "over 200 SEO factors" that Google uses to rank pages in the Google search results (SERPs). What are the search engine optimization rules?
    Here is the speculation - educated guesses by SEO webmasters on top webmaster forums. Should you wish to achieve a high ranking, the various confirmed and suspected Google Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Rules are listed below.


    Google Ranking Factors - SEO Checklist

    They are talking about Panda, etc Anyway it is interesting to keep an eye on that.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  2. #2
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    The section on directories is somewhat outdated.

    I think that the following is most important factors listed:
    Freshness of Pages
    Site architecture
    Shallow content

  3. #3
    Franc Tireur's Avatar
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,720
    Thanks
    283
    Thanked 141 Times in 112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    I think that the following is most important factors listed:
    Freshness of Pages
    Site architecture
    Shallow content

    I really believe that high quality content will be the most important factor in the future.

    One thing I do not agree with their ranking factors is removing pages of content if the search engine don't like it. All the subjects are not necessary extremely popular, but why removing the pages that search engines do not like if a few people are looking for these information

    I thought a site was made for both: People first and search engines second.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  4. #4
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    I really believe that high quality content will be the most important factor in the future.
    It makes sense that high quality content is the most important ranking factor. The problem is how does the reader vote for the best content. In the "old days" people used to freely link to content that the liked. But that was in the days before PR sculpting and the nofollow tag.

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    One thing I do not agree with their ranking factors is removing pages of content if the search engine don't like it. All the subjects are not necessary extremely popular, but why removing the pages that search engines do not like if a few people are looking for these information.

    I thought a site was made for both: People first and search engines second.
    Removing pages of content if the search engine don't like it may be a good idea as the page may have quality issues like poor grammar or duplicate content.

  5. #5
    Franc Tireur's Avatar
    Franc Tireur is offline Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,720
    Thanks
    283
    Thanked 141 Times in 112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Removing pages of content if the search engine don't like it may be a good idea as the page may have quality issues like poor grammar or duplicate content.
    He didn't say exactly if it is a quality issue:
    1. Immediately drop all your "hardest hit" pages.


    Anyway reading the SEO list again, it seems like the article directories are going to be hammered by duplicated content, what about Press Releases publishers?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •