Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73

Thread: The Pagerank Discussion Thread!

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    One domain that registered at the end of August go to PR1. Other than that a bunch of +1/-1 changes.

  2. Few of my sites dropped from pr6 to pr5

  3. i just got pr3
    i dont understand why some decreases its pr, why?


  4. Quote Originally Posted by whatthehell View Post
    i dont understand why some decreases its pr, why?
    As more pages are added to the web, the mathematical requirements to achieve each level of PageRank go up. If you don't add new links, your PageRank will slowly drop.

    Of course, penalties and link rot don't help either!
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    If you don't add new links, your PageRank will slowly drop.

    While I completely agree with you on this Will, this was not the case with one of my sites. My SEO blog went from PR 2 to PR 4 in 4 months while I did absolutely NOTHING to it. Didn't add a post/link or ANYTHING be it onsite or offsite.

    Such things do make me wonder about Google again and again!


    Other sites though didn't climb the ladder but retained their PR's even all through these days while I wasn't updating them.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by amol_cool View Post
    While I completely agree with you on this Will, this was not the case with one of my sites. My SEO blog went from PR 2 to PR 4 in 4 months while I did absolutely NOTHING to it. Didn't add a post/link or ANYTHING be it onsite or offsite.

    Such things do make me wonder about Google again and again!


    Other sites though didn't climb the ladder but retained their PR's even all through these days while I wasn't updating them.
    I had something similiar happen to my tech blog. The blog hadn't been updated in 6 months and went ftom PR3 to PR1.

    After the current PR update the site has dropped back to PR1.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,797
    Well, I worked hard on my make money online blog and got it from a negative PR (I bought the domain on eBay) all the way to PR2.

    If you invest the effort, and don't really think about your PR or anything, and just strive for success, everything works out.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovich View Post
    Well, I worked hard on my make money online blog and got it from a negative PR (I bought the domain on eBay) all the way to PR2.

    If you invest the effort, and don't really think about your PR or anything, and just strive for success, everything works out.
    I agree the best way to get your pagerank up is forgetting about it, still I would suggest you to read SEO articles to avoid getting penalized and to get the most out of your site

  9. Quote Originally Posted by amol_cool View Post
    While I completely agree with you on this Will, this was not the case with one of my sites. My SEO blog went from PR 2 to PR 4 in 4 months while I did absolutely NOTHING to it. Didn't add a post/link or ANYTHING be it onsite or offsite.
    You didn't exactly do nothing, you got a blogroll link from Free Internet Media.

    The homepage is only PR4, but at least one sub-page is PR6 -- and your link is sitewide.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    You didn't exactly do nothing, you got a blogroll link from Free Internet Media.

    The homepage is only PR4, but at least one sub-page is PR6 -- and your link is sitewide.
    It's that effective? Send one my way... xD

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SPLITOFF THREAD: Religious component of DP Discussion
    By Will.Spencer in forum Politics and Religion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29 March, 2010, 19:52 PM
  2. The Official TwtAd.Com Discussion Thread!
    By Aquarezz in forum Monetizing
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 6 May, 2009, 10:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •