Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Picking the Lock of Google’s Search

  1. #11
    Franc Tireur's Avatar
    Franc Tireur is online now Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,751
    Thanks
    285
    Thanked 142 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafiamaster View Post
    Dude, what has Google done wrong other than mess with your poorly designed and horrible user designed website? Obviously you're hurting, but I go to your site and I want to leave. Your site doesn't make me want to buy anything. So, before saying that Google is so unfair because it hurts business, why not step back and take responsibility for the fact that, guess what, I have more fun at Amazon than I do at your site.
    Are you trying to prove what you said is right? LOL what an immature statement dude, grow up!

    Here's the thing...There are no RULES to Google.
    LOL

    It's not fair for me to tell you what to do with your site, is it?
    I don't care what you say about my site dude, it is just your insignificante opinion, if I am in business for 6 years there is a reason.

    It's the dumbest logic I think I've ever seen you present on the forums.
    Dude, why are you posting in my threads if it isn't what you like, then post somewhere else or start your own threads, do not bother me anymore, if you do you are going to get what you are looking for. Dude don't waste your time
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  2. #12
    memenode's Avatar
    memenode is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    490
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 152 Times in 116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    I don't care what you say about my site dude, it is just your insignificante opinion, if I am in business for 6 years there is a reason.
    Looks like a (too) big part of that reason was Google. Also, a single opinion isn't necessarily insignificant. What if a lot more people think that way (and there seems to be some evidence that they might)? If you just dismiss it out of hand you're gonna remain blind to that possibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    Dude, why are you posting in my threads if it isn't what you like, then post somewhere else or start your own threads, do not bother me anymore, if you do you are going to get what you are looking for. Dude don't waste your time
    You said this to me in some past threads too, but I don't think you can rationally hold that attitude about people who post in your threads. You seem to imply that making a thread means you can police who posts in it based on nothing more than how much they disagree with your original premises. The result of that would be people posting only when they agree and shutting up when they don't. What kind of a discussion forum would this be if that's all we did?

    It's nobody's problem if someone disagreeing makes you feel bad. Feeling bad is a signal that something in your mind likely needs to change. If you are convinced we are so wrong and beyond help then you can politely end the discussion and not engage in it again, which isn't what you're doing since you repeatedly promote your opinion and then effectively tell those who disagree to buzz off. Another possibility is that your belief is flawed (and you probably know it), but you're trying to deny this to yourself, which usually creates frustration. In that case changing your mind isn't as bad as it may seem, and would actually be admirable, if that means anything to you.

    EDIT: Btw, I for one don't always dislike the links to stories you post, just disagree with the conclusions you seem to draw from them. Evidence that Google is making it more difficult for small businesses to succeed is not equal to the evidence for your belief that Google needs to be forced to fix this situation. It's information that can be seen in various different ways, not just the one way you see it.

  3. Thanked by:

    Mafiamaster (11 July, 2011)

  4. #13
    Franc Tireur's Avatar
    Franc Tireur is online now Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,751
    Thanks
    285
    Thanked 142 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by memenode View Post
    It's nobody's problem if someone disagreeing makes you feel bad.
    People can disagree, that's ok with me but when it is repetitive on different subjects by the same few people using name or rhetoric, it is kind of personal attack and harcelement.

    Are you going to be the 5th wheel and help again your friend?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  5. #14
    memenode's Avatar
    memenode is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    490
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 152 Times in 116 Posts
    What do you mean by "using name or rhetoric"? Not every argument that seems to invalidate your position can be so easily brushed off as "rhetoric". And can you point to any example of what you think are kind of personal attacks?

    As for "repetitive", you're posting the same conclusions repetitively yourself. I guess your ideal situation would be for everyone to just respond with cheers for your cause and more pointless Google bashing, while those who disagree should keep to themselves or be accused of harassment. I don't think that's rational. Expressing disagreement (as opposed to keeping it to yourself) is not a personal attack.

  6. #15
    Franc Tireur's Avatar
    Franc Tireur is online now Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,751
    Thanks
    285
    Thanked 142 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by memenode View Post
    What do you mean by "using name or rhetoric"? Not every argument that seems to invalidate your position can be so easily brushed off as "rhetoric". And can you point to any example of what you think are kind of personal attacks?

    As for "repetitive", you're posting the same conclusions repetitively yourself. I guess your ideal situation would be for everyone to just respond with cheers for your cause and more pointless Google bashing, while those who disagree should keep to themselves or be accused of harassment. I don't think that's rational. Expressing disagreement (as opposed to keeping it to yourself) is not a personal attack.
    Your morality doesn't fly with me, I guess I am going to find another board more friendly
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  7. #16
    memenode's Avatar
    memenode is offline Net Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    490
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 152 Times in 116 Posts
    I don't understand that, honestly. If those are your standards of "friendly" I don't think you're gonna find any board more friendly other than those who fit an equivalent of your "personalization bubble", that is those which are populated by people who think the same way as you, and effectively shun everyone else.

    Do you really want that?

  8. #17
    Franc Tireur's Avatar
    Franc Tireur is online now Senior Net Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,751
    Thanks
    285
    Thanked 142 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by memenode View Post
    I don't understand that, honestly. If those are your standards of "friendly" I don't think you're gonna find any board more friendly other than those who fit an equivalent of your "personalization bubble", that is those which are populated by people who think the same way as you, and effectively shun everyone else.

    Do you really want that?
    Kiddo that's not your business!
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  9. #18
    Mafiamaster's Avatar
    Mafiamaster is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
    Just like it is none of your business telling Google what they can and cannot do with THEIR search engine?

  10. #19
    bogart's Avatar
    bogart is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Thanks
    1,886
    Thanked 776 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafiamaster View Post
    All the more reason that even small businesses need to invest in a website and some basic SEO. Yeah, in Google Places, they are getting messed up. But, if a local business can rank for a keyword like Seattle Locksmith, those lead generation companies will be screwed. It's sort of like competing against Amazon in the SERPs. They automatically get #1, but if you do any bit of SEO, you can definitely beat them. They don't have the resources to SEO every page.

    What you are saying may work on some keywords. But as you said Google Places is messed up. On one keyword I've worked on, the top even results are Google places. Only 2-of-7 of the results have websites. The messed up part is that all the results cluster around the "middle of the map" streets. Sure, you can seo your site to #1. But you are in effect ranking #8-of-17.


    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    When you run a business you make rules, not changing rules every few months.

    The algorithm wags the dog (the rules). THe only thing that I suggest is running a blog on a separate domain and post as least once a week with skin care tips, new products etc. It shou;d be possible to capture traffic from longtail traffic and convert from banner ads.




    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    Is is a joke? Ford made for Military the most popular vehicule for the any corps with the Ford Jeep Willys MB in 4 x 4 and the Ford GPW, I forgot to mention that Ford made the Tank Ford 3-Ton M1918

    This is a good example of how the web works. Ford Jeep Willys MB originated with Bantam. The War Department forwarded the Bantam blueprints to Ford and Willys and Bantam is only found in the history books today.




    Only two companies entered: American Bantam Car Company and Willys-Overland Motors. Though Willys-Overland was the low bidder, Bantam received the bid, being the only company committing to deliver a pilot model in 49 days and production examples in 75. Under the leadership of designer Karl Probst, Bantam built their first prototype, dubbed the "Blitz Buggy" (and in retrospect "Old Number One"), and delivered it to the Army vehicle test center at Camp Holabird, Maryland on September 23, 1940. This presented Army officials with the first of what eventually evolved into the World War II U.S. Army Jeeps: the Willys MB and Ford GPW.




    The Bantam no.1 'Blitz Buggy'
    Since Bantam did not have the production capacity or fiscal stability to deliver on the scale needed by the War Department, the other two bidders, Ford and Willys, were encouraged to complete their own pilot models for testing. The contract for the new reconnaissance car was to be determined by trials. As testing of the Bantam prototype took place from September 27 to October 16, Ford and Willys technical representatives present at Holabird were given ample opportunity to study the vehicle's performance. Moreover, in order to expedite production, the War Department forwarded the Bantam blueprints to Ford and Willys, claiming the government owned the design. Bantam did not dispute this move due to its precarious financial situation.

    Willys MB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Byw, during WW2 Ford made the 8000 B-24 Liberators (heavy bombers) @ Willow Run, MI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •