Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: url shortening services @ shorty.im

  1. #1
    GeeOne's Avatar
    GeeOne is offline Off topic forum - The Offwalk
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    offwalk.com
    Posts
    1,514
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked 249 Times in 222 Posts

    url shortening services @ shorty.im

    Free url shortening services
    at shorty.im

    G!

  2. #2
    Kovich's Avatar
    Kovich is offline Community Guardian
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,797
    Blog Entries
    30
    Thanks
    453
    Thanked 420 Times in 279 Posts
    Hmm, looks like I have some competition!

    However, your site does not appear to be working. This is what comes up:


  3. Thanked by:

    GeeOne (26 September, 2009)

  4. #3
    GeeOne's Avatar
    GeeOne is offline Off topic forum - The Offwalk
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    offwalk.com
    Posts
    1,514
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked 249 Times in 222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovich View Post
    Hmm, looks like I have some competition!

    However, your site does not appear to be working. This is what comes up:

    Yes buddy just changed the server, please check again. (Also redo the same after some time)

    It is certainly not from my side, many says healthy competition is always good

    G!

  5. #4
    Kovich's Avatar
    Kovich is offline Community Guardian
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,797
    Blog Entries
    30
    Thanks
    453
    Thanked 420 Times in 279 Posts
    It is certainly not from my side, many says healthy competition is always good
    That's very true! Competition is always a good thing.

    I wish you the best of luck with your site.

  6. Thanked by:

    GeeOne (26 September, 2009)

  7. #5
    pankaj's Avatar
    pankaj is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    You have got a nice site there. It loads fast too as it does not have any ads neither any extra content other than the service you are providing.

  8. Thanked by:

    GeeOne (28 September, 2009)

  9. #6
    GeeOne's Avatar
    GeeOne is offline Off topic forum - The Offwalk
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    offwalk.com
    Posts
    1,514
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked 249 Times in 222 Posts
    Thanx for your feedback.

    I need your opinion on renewal of dot I'm domain, as you are already using one.

    G!

    Quote Originally Posted by pankaj View Post
    You have got a nice site there. It loads fast too as it does not have any ads neither any extra content other than the service you are providing.

  10. #7
    pankaj's Avatar
    pankaj is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeOne View Post
    Thanx for your feedback.

    I need your opinion on renewal of dot I'm domain, as you are already using one.

    G!
    I registered a domain just a month back as it was new extension and was available just fo $4.99 on name.com . I don't know anything about its renewal though. But I have heard somewhere that its price is 75$ or so.

    I will check and inform you.

    EDIT : It's really $75.
    http://www.name.com/pricing

    Now I need your opinion. Are you going to renew it or sell this domain .
    I think you should not worry, as it has 10+ months to expire, so worry when its going to expire.

    Enjoy now !

  11. #8
    Kovich's Avatar
    Kovich is offline Community Guardian
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,797
    Blog Entries
    30
    Thanks
    453
    Thanked 420 Times in 279 Posts
    You should look at it in the long-run.

    If you're planning on renewing it, you'll need to handle that $75 fee.
    Will the site make that much? Will it be worth it? Think about it and decide.

  12. Thanked by:

    GeeOne (28 September, 2009)

  13. #9
    GeeOne's Avatar
    GeeOne is offline Off topic forum - The Offwalk
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    offwalk.com
    Posts
    1,514
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked 249 Times in 222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pankaj View Post
    I registered a domain just a month back as it was new extension and was available just fo $4.99 on name.com . I don't know anything about its renewal though. But I have heard somewhere that its price is 75$ or so.

    I will check and inform you.

    EDIT : It's really $75.
    http://www.name.com/pricing

    Now I need your opinion. Are you going to renew it or sell this domain .
    I think you should not worry, as it has 10+ months to expire, so worry when its going to expire.

    Enjoy now !

    Pankaj, Soulzipper has recommended to transfer this domain to other registering co. with one time fees, and there you can renew on lesser charges or there is lot of time still for renew.

    But as Kovich said we must be very sure and prepared for $75 minimum for renewal or we should not promote the sites.

    G!

  14. #10
    pankaj's Avatar
    pankaj is offline Newbie Net Builder
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    @ Kovich - I completely agree with you.

    @ Soulzipper - Nice piece of idea.

    @ Geeone - I will wait till 3rd last month of expiry of domain. Till then if name.com
    reduces the price, I shall stay with them otherwise will transfer to a company who provides
    cheap renewal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [WTB] URL Shortening
    By GeeOne in forum Scripts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6 August, 2010, 07:59 AM
  2. [Free] URL & Link shortening
    By GeeOne in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23 February, 2010, 11:36 AM
  3. [Free] Free URL shortening services
    By GeeOne in forum Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4 January, 2010, 07:36 AM
  4. Review shorty.im
    By GeeOne in forum Site Reviews
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25 September, 2009, 07:50 AM
  5. [WTS] Shorty.im - Tinyurl Site - Buy Now
    By Soulzripper in forum Sites
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6 August, 2009, 18:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •