Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: (Introduction Thread) Who are you and why are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Hi everyone!
    You look familar, bro. Welcome!
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    Željko Aščić
    Now that is a mouthful.

Hi everyone. egk here from California. I am a network engineer in my day job and a wannabe webmaster in my spare time. I found the site by reading jim karter's blog. I have been been a member at DP over the last year but have found myself visiting less and less because of the lack of interesting content and increasing frequency of scammers.

I am looking forward to being a part of this site as it grows. A question that I have is what will netbuilders do to prevent and even punish scammers? Part of the problem that I have seen at DP in my time there is that scammers are given more rights than the scammed. How will netbuilders handle this differently?

Quote Originally Posted by egk View Post
    A question that I have is what will netbuilders do to prevent and even punish scammers? Part of the problem that I have seen at DP in my time there is that scammers are given more rights than the scammed. How will netbuilders handle this differently?
    By posting that you have been "scammed," showing proof... You are notifying others of the "scammer." Make use of the iTrader mod.

Once we have seen x amount of people "scammed," I think it could be an idea to enter the "scammer" into a different usergroup that is not entitled to enter the Marketplace -- rather than enforcing a total ban, this way we would stop the scamming and still give them room for their final say.

Terms Used

• x - later to be decided on.
    • idea - I've not even checked this through with Will, so it remains an idea.
    • "scam" - I don't like the word.

Hello,

Starting developer here to read and learn, discuss and meet interesting people. Found the forum by recomendation on DomainMagnate's blog.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Loko View Post
    Hello,

Starting developer here to read and learn, discuss and meet interesting people. Found the forum by recomendation on DomainMagnate's blog.

cheers
    Excellent. That shows precisely how quickly word can spread -- if everyone attempts to reel in new members.

Welcome to NB, fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride.

Here's some stuff:

• A Marketplace entry fee maybe applied.
    • Revenge iTraders will be properly handled.
    • Scammers will most surely be banned.

These are just a few ideas. More stuff to come.

Welcome all BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
    Here's some stuff:

• A Marketplace entry fee maybe applied.
    • Revenge iTraders will be properly handled.
    • Scammers will most surely be banned.

These are just a few ideas. More stuff to come.

Welcome all BTW!
    I disagree, slightly. Refer to: http://www.netbuilders.org/general-c....html#post1180

"Scammers" are still people too. Just because they are not able to handle money fairly, it does not necessarily mean that they are unable to contribute worthily.

Yes Charles, when I meant banned I meant after x scams obviously. I don't think that someone that scams 1,2,3...5 times deserves to participate. My opinion obviously.

Great! It is good to hear of plans to deal with such situations, rather than ignore them! Perhaps a 'members board of enforcement" could be created to review situations where one feels they have been cheated. Such situations really shouldn't be left to one overworked moderator to make a decision on, or ignore as commonly happens on "other" sites.

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast