Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: (Introduction Thread) Who are you and why are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
    Yes Charles, when I meant banned I meant after x scams obviously. I don't think that someone that scams 1,2,3...5 times deserves to participate. My opinion obviously.
    No, no, no. I mean that they should be banned from the Marketplace, but not the rest of the forum. We should prevent users from being capable of committing the offenses that are part of their record, not prevent them from participating.

Quote Originally Posted by egk View Post
    Great! It is good to hear of plans to deal with such situations, rather than ignore them! Perhaps a 'members board of enforcement" could be created to review situations where one feels they have been cheated. Such situations really shouldn't be left to one overworked moderator to make a decision on, or ignore as commonly happens on "other" sites.
    I guess I kNNow a place where this can be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    No, no, no. I mean that they should be banned from the Marketplace, but not the rest of the forum. We should prevent users from being capable of committing the offenses that are part of their record, not prevent them from participating.
    Yes Charles, but we can't avoid private message deals, etc. In any case you have a good point there.
    It's up to Will in any case.

Yes Charles, but we can't avoid private message deals, etc. In any case you have a good point there.
    We could... By disabling PM for that usergroup, and displaying a warning message if they decide to use the e-mail button.

And paint there username in pink!

**Back on topic**

**Back on topic**
    Was that on-topic?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    "Scammers" are still people too. Just because they are not able to handle money fairly, it does not necessarily mean that they are unable to contribute worthily.
    Scammers should be banned right away from the forum and by ip, like it's done in dnforum. Send them back to DP

Quote Originally Posted by Loko View Post
    Hello,

Starting developer here to read and learn, discuss and meet interesting people. Found the forum by recomendation on DomainMagnate's blog.

cheers
    I post once a month, but people still read my blog, that's nice to know

Quote Originally Posted by DomainMagnate View Post
    Scammers should be banned right away from the forum and by ip, like it's done in dnforum. Send them back to DP
    *Back Off topic then**

We'll have to separate scams from bad business experiences.

IMHO:

Scam==BAN (period) - If you rob you go to jail, it doesn't matter if you're a helpful nice guy.

Bad Business==Bad iTrader - No Ban, except if it's a continuous practice.

**Back On Topic**

Welcome to NB!

9. Quote Originally Posted by egk View Post
    Hi everyone. egk here from California. I am a network engineer in my day job and a wannabe webmaster in my spare time.
    It's nice to see you at NetBuilders!

Before I got addicted to webmastering, I was a CCDP/CCNP. Now I can barely remember how to spell "enable".

What type of network engineer are you? Are you anywhere near Carlsbad?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS0N View Post
    The seller then will have to leave feedback first, before he can make any replies or start new threads). A buyer then has the option to leave negative or positive feedback without the fear of receiving a revenge negative feedback.
    And... What if the buyer was the "scammer?"

Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast