Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Idiots destroying tech-faq

The categories how they are now are almost useless in practice, the users are not respecting the categories, they submit the proxies in the category they like, doesn't matter is Glype, Php proxy, CGI.

A simple solution might be to limit the number of submissions by server IP (just in case that all these co.cc proxies are hosted on the same IP address)?
    ProxyTracker.com <- Submit your Proxies

Another problem, I have serious doubts that all details posted about the traffic are accurate because some users can click their own links, there is a proxy with over 1400 hits next to proxies with 400, 500 and can be tested, I visited a site over 20 times today and all hits counted.
    Last edited by Szise; 14 December, 2009 at 18:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Szise View Post
    Another problem, I have serious doubts that all details posted about the traffic are accurate because some users can click their own links, there is a proxy with over 1400 hits next to proxies with 400, 500 and can be tested, I visited a site over 20 times today and all hits counted.
    Moreover, not all clicks on proxy link at tech-faq get through to the proxy. Maybe the visitors are blocked before they can see the proxy site homepage (By filters).
    So the actual traffic (hits) stats are usually lower than the ones displayed at tech-faq.
    Best proxy hosting ever - Almost Zero downtime + Superfast Use coupon "TEWD" for 50% off for lifetime

This can be easily seen in the conversion for me. Tech faq has a big role in the transformation of the proxy niche into a spammy niche. The number of low quality proxies is huge, too many forex, loan, co.cc proxies on the market, accepted and tolerated.

A lot of the co.cc proxies I tested recently seem to have many of the following problems as well

1] Redirect to other non-proxy sites (Could be geoip though)
    2] Ask to complete surveys before proxies can be used
    Best proxy hosting ever - Almost Zero downtime + Superfast Use coupon "TEWD" for 50% off for lifetime

I strongly agree with that thread

I suggest to put a limit of 1 proxy per day for every user !!

that gives a good link exposure for every proxy , and gives tech-faq more reliability and trust of proxy owners
    Error Loading Signature

Quote Originally Posted by doctor meroo View Post
    I strongly agree with that thread

I suggest to put a limit of 1 proxy per day for every user !!

that gives a good link exposure for every proxy , and gives tech-faq more reliability and trust of proxy owners
    And proxy owners will just use proxies to get round these limitations. Go through this thread and we have already discussed most of this already.

No one has really come up with a good idea that is right for both proxy owners as well as users.
    Programmer, web developer and entrepreneur.

I think competition is fatal in proxy niche , coz all proxies are the same and presenting the same service , so the tech-faq should avoid saturation and preserve the quality of service to proxy owners be better over time not worse !!

So the word competition in proxy niche has no meaning as all proxies are the same .

the only field of competition is exposure in proxy lists ( especially Tech faq ) so if that's saturated with spammers , proxy visitors will get bad proxies and the good proxies will loss exposure .

I think tech faq programmers should find the technical solutions not netbuilders .

but first of all they should realize that there is a problem needs to be solved
    Error Loading Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    And proxy owners will just use proxies to get round these limitations. Go through this thread and we have already discussed most of this already.

No one has really come up with a good idea that is right for both proxy owners as well as users.

Putthis into the submit file and problem solved.

PHP Code:
    $ip trim($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);

$ch curl_init();

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT,2);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_TIMEOUT,2);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_USERAGENT,"cURL (Anti-Proxy Checker");

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_URL"http://{$ip}");  

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_HEADER1);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER1);

//Go!!

$data curl_exec($ch);

//-- Any Curl Error?

if (!curl_error($ch) ) {

exit(
    'Your IP responded on Port 80. you might be using a web proxy, there not allowed to insure no cheating.');

}

curl_close($ch); 
    So the word competition in proxy niche has no meaning as all proxies are the same .
    Actually there more meaningfull way to look at this, Proxies are low barrier to entry. @see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barriers_to_entry
    This has lended the whole niche to fall into a Zero-Profit condition.
    Submit new proxies -

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast