Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site ranking in Google Caffeine but not in Google.com

Changing site title completly is never a good thing. Your site will lose positions. You should wait two or three weeks to see is it temporary fluctuation.

I don't change my site title completely.. I change the name of event only and the title was changed around 15th or 16th and then the content was added, I think on 17th or 18th.

The site is on wwe and wwe organizes a event every month so I have to change my site title every month to rank their.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    Changing site title completly is never a good thing. Your site will lose positions. You should wait two or three weeks to see is it temporary fluctuation.

Did your partner add content that already appears on other sites? If so, the duplicate content filters may have kicked in. I have seen that affect more than just the pages with the duplicate content.

Google does not call it a penalty. They say that they only reduce the duplicate page's ability to rank well. That may be a technicality. I think that anything that reduces a page's ability to rank well smells like a penalty.

A lot of people so not take the duplicate content issue seriously, but I see it as a kiss of death for a web site, especially if the site is not very large.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Content is original. No Duplicate content there. Site is copyscape passed..

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    Did your partner add content that already appears on other sites? If so, the duplicate content filters may have kicked in. I have seen that affect more than just the pages with the duplicate content.

Google does not call it a penalty. They say that they only reduce the duplicate page's ability to rank well. That may be a technicality. I think that anything that reduces a page's ability to rank well smells like a penalty.

A lot of people so not take the duplicate content issue seriously, but I see it as a kiss of death for a web site, especially if the site is not very large.

Quote Originally Posted by wwe_fan9417 View Post
    I don't change my site title completely.. I change the name of event only and the title was changed around 15th or 16th and then the content was added, I think on 17th or 18th.

The site is on wwe and wwe organizes a event every month so I have to change my site title every month to rank their.
    Too many changes too fast in my opinion.

6. i thought google caffeine is only at a beta stage.... well i think you should concentrate more on google.com the older version....

In one Google search list, appeared the site on first page, in another one was about on 450th position - Webmaster Central Help

As the above case, I am also ranking well for few keywords in Google
    Having same situation as above..

Yesterday I found my site on first page for two keywords without cached page.

Even I am ranking on Google blog Search.
    http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?client=news&um=1&cf=all&hl=en&q=google

Quote Originally Posted by Jenie0109 View Post
    i thought google caffeine is only at a beta stage.... well i think you should concentrate more on google.com the older version....
    How can I get my site back in Google.com.

8. Quote Originally Posted by wwe_fan9417 View Post
    How can I get my site back in Google.com.
    What's the URL?
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Can't show publicly... Sent in PM..

Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    What's the URL?

The algo changes have been put into action this morning (or so my research says) I'm still looking to see if Google are weighing elements differently or whether it's a more intricate change, no doubt its another spamproofing exercise, I just wish it didn't mess with my rankings!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast