Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Bing.info

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,797
    That's exactly what I would do!

    Let some fool build a site and reel in traffic, then hit them with a complaint and threats of legal action for infringing upon my copyright.

  2. #12
    Yes, I agree. It's worthless now as MS will not request him to give the domain but it will directly complain and get it dropped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarezz View Post
    True, now the domain is worthless for MS. Once there is a complete site on it, that receives a lot of traffic they'll take it over Which is smart.. and I would do the same if I would be Microsoft or any other big company
    But why would bing.info give you the site, he shall just give you the domain. Though, the SEO done would still be useful.

  3. #13
    They cant take his domain.

    Bing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There is way too much things that are connected with bing.

    Maybe only if he makes something microsoft related to get money.

    What if guy name is Bing.
    What if he produce energy drink Bing.


    What if the domain is of German Barbershop.
    What if he grow Bing cherries.
    According to the dictionaries Bing can be a heap or pile of something...

    To many IF, it would be no wonder that someone sue microsoft for taking one more generic domain under copyright.

    They took Windows too...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    If I tell you, I would have to kill you.
    Posts
    614
    I wonder how MS can sue bing.info..the domain was regged in 2006..long before Bing.com started and MS took the copyright for it..its not the fault of the person who registered it..bing.info should not be dropped on the insistence of MS..atleast Ethically..

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    They cant take his domain.

    Bing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There is way too much things that are connected with bing.

    Maybe only if he makes something microsoft related to get money.

    What if guy name is Bing.
    What if he produce energy drink Bing.


    What if the domain is of German Barbershop.
    What if he grow Bing cherries.
    According to the dictionaries Bing can be a heap or pile of something...

    To many IF, it would be no wonder that someone sue microsoft for taking one more generic domain under copyright.

    They took Windows too...
    I agree with Hellas, Bing can refer to many things plus the domain was registered long time ago so I think MS will have a hard time getting the domain, thanks for all the answers.

    Quote Originally Posted by chetan View Post
    More Weired Google Failed to register , http://googlechrome.com/

    :P try to visit it , It will open your localhost .


    Anyone knows how he did this ?? ip address : 127.0.0.1
    Yes he points his name servers to 127.0.0.1

  6. #16
    Hellas - I think people are assuming it to be ms based site.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by pankaj View Post
    Hellas - I think people are assuming it to be ms based site.

    That does not matter. According to you Microsoft can register chair.com and hold on rights for chair word. And close all other chairs pages. Its a generic keyword. I dont think any court will close bing.info until he makes it somehow related to microsoft.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    That does not matter. According to you Microsoft can register chair.com and hold on rights for chair word. And close all other chairs pages. Its a generic keyword. I dont think any court will close bing.info until he makes it somehow related to microsoft.
    I was a bit confused. Thanks for clearing the doubt.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    that doesn't sound right. since when people get sued for registering domains?
    Since people register trademarked names.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    MS could make a cybersquatter complaint to take over the domain. But MS didn't announce Bing as a search engine until May 28, 2009. Bing is also a name like in Bing Crosby.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28 April, 2011, 09:29 AM
  2. Bing
    By Sbfc_ in forum Promoting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21 July, 2010, 12:34 PM
  3. Microsoft Bing Sued by Bing LLC
    By ruben in forum Search Engine News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26 December, 2009, 10:05 AM
  4. Bing
    By ask in forum Promoting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13 July, 2009, 15:42 PM
  5. Bing
    By Brandon in forum Search Engine News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3 June, 2009, 16:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •