Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: eZineArticles

The solution that comes to my mind is to create a TOS for your enzine submissions that your company owns the articles. Surely the site owners should understand that the articles are created for promoting the sites and ownership isn't important.

Also, if you are in contact with any of the clients ask them if they would like to transfer the ownership of the articles so that they will continue to be displayed on enzine.

I don't believe that you will get too far with the issue with EZA.

They don't have problem with clients I believe.

It's some writer who is playing with our company's reputation and ezinearticles.com is not helping us at all.

This writer is getting paid from us.. as well as reporting the content on high authority directories. We cannot do anything unless we get to know who the guy is. Ezinearticles must have got complete detail, email etc when they got complaint. But they're not sharing it with us and this way, this writer will keep playing with us. None of our writers are unpaid and they're mostly old and reliable ones. But need Ezines help to fix this culprit.

No help I can expect from them though. I had to talk for 1 month and exchanged tens of emails but they simply said.. "DELETE THE ARTICLES".. and I believe, same guy has reported again..

Clueless..

Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    The solution that comes to my mind is to create a TOS for your enzine submissions that your company owns the articles. Surely the site owners should understand that the articles are created for promoting the sites and ownership isn't important.

Also, if you are in contact with any of the clients ask them if they would like to transfer the ownership of the articles so that they will continue to be displayed on enzine.

I don't believe that you will get too far with the issue with EZA.
    SEO girl...

What I'm saying is that all articles that you post should be owned by your company and that you have a TOS stating that as a terms of the ensine submission service.

So since you now "own" the articles, there shouldn't be an issue with enzine.

If your company is writing the articles, you can own the work, even if you are writing the articles on behalf of your customers.

Bogart's advice should work. This is simple politics. It is all a matter of how you present it. What's important is to assure EzineArticles that you do own the work, even though you are writing the articles on behalf of your clients. Just make sure that your customers understand the situation with EzineArticles. You would not want them to think that you are stealing something that they hired you to do.

This isn't much different than when a photographer is hired to take pictures at a wedding. The photographer retains the copyrights for the images, even thought the pictures are turned over to the bride and groom. Most people do not know that when they hire a photographer. It is the same when an artist paints a picture and then sells the painting to someone. The artist retains the copyright and the rights to royalties from any reproductions.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Let us see what they respond. I have written a mail asking about details of the one who reported. None of our clients have problems. they need good backlinks from articles, they have it. But deleting all articles to get account reinstated is ridiculous. And ezinearticles would not agree no matter what I say. I have already gone through this once.

We have more than 50 writers working for us and they might have written 90% of those 1200 articles. It's silly to even think of contacting all who reported.. funny...

I will keep this thread updated until the issue is sorted

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    If your company is writing the articles, you can own the work, even if you are writing the articles on behalf of your customers.

Bogart's advice should work. This is simple politics. It is all a matter of how you present it. What's important is to assure EzineArticles that you do own the work, even though you are writing the articles on behalf of your clients. Just make sure that your customers understand the situation with EzineArticles. You would not want them to think that you are stealing something that they hired you to do.

This isn't much different than when a photographer is hired to take pictures at a wedding. The photographer retains the copyrights for the images, even thought the pictures are turned over to the bride and groom. Most people do not know that when they hire a photographer. It is the same when an artist paints a picture and then sells the painting to someone. The artist retains the copyright and the rights to royalties from any reproductions.
    SEO girl...

I think a future action I would take would be to have multiple publishing accounts from your company as well...might lessen the pain of future policy shifts on the part of ezines.

They DO NOT allow multiple accounts.. and they need every account holder own the articles too.. very contradictory..

Have a look at their statements -

"I think you've made a business mistake in using one author name for 10+ clients. That makes no sense to us, but it's your business to run however you'd like. "

"We do not allow multiple accounts"

Contradictory stuff

---

Yet, your name is not "Terro White".

That's equivalent to what we'd call an author name mismatch. It doesn't enhance trust.

"And they say, you can have as many pen names as you want" and I personally don't write under my real name at times, I do use ChillingBreeze.. they do not allow, another contradictory stuff.

----
    My question -
    Now, I really have some serious doubts and it'd be so great for all article marketing services if you please clear them

1- If we start creating co-authors (many co-authors) dedicated to a single client then probably we'd need to create minimum 2-3 new co-authors everyday. Wouldn't be a spam? Can you please suggest me what to do in this case? Just to inform, there are some on-time client too.
    Their answer -

We only allow 100 pen names per account at this time and are considering reducing that down to 50.

No, we don't have a system yet in place for 3rd parties such as yourself.
    My question -

2- We cannot ask our clients to create their own accounts and then we use them. Reason? 90% of the clients don't want their real names disclosed or exposed online. Now what to do? Of course we need to use some pen names or virtual names. No?
    Their answer-

Then you're not an ideal member of EzineArticles.

Problem solved. Don't submit articles to us.

It was clearly told by them "We do not have any space for third parties who submit for others. We allow only authors"

Good... No solution..

Quote Originally Posted by javanx3d View Post
    I think a future action I would take would be to have multiple publishing accounts from your company as well...might lessen the pain of future policy shifts on the part of ezines.
    SEO girl...

Right, so have each of your writers have their own account as a requirement of working for you....

TOS with your clients == content is yours to post, if I say buy your article marketing service, I am buying the links right?

Sorry that you're having such a problem with those guys. Hope it works it.
    Cheers,
    James

Quote Originally Posted by javanx3d View Post
    TOS with your clients == content is yours to post, if I say buy your article marketing service, I am buying the links right?
    I think that this is the only solution. Market the service as links.

woohoo... good thread found here... you're right, EzineArticles sucks

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast