Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: President Bush Ducks to avoid shoes eing thrown at him.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Bush failed to not sell his ideas to the public or if he did the media didn't show it. It was as if he never showed his face the last 4 years and the only time you saw something is if he pronounced a word funny, etc...

So, I am not sure if he failed or the media failed ( on purpose.)
    I frequently want to criticize George Bush for failing to explain his administrations foreign policies. The only thing that (usually) stops me is that I can't seem to explain them -- in simple terms -- myself. I understand them and I agree with (most of) them -- but I can't explain them in a few simple words. I could not explain them in a sound clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What was his prior "religion"? Maybe islam?

(Sarcasm, since you are one of many who are brainwashed to think all Americans are somehow Christians by birth. For someone who pretends to know about other religions, you need to do some study.)
    That's the way it is in Islamic countries. You're born into Islam and if you try to leave the religion you are guilty of committing apostasy -- which carries some pretty serious penalties. To my mind, that seems too much like slavery.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Bush has been reduced to speaking in dumbed down platitudes about what are likely some of the most complex foreign policy decisions ever made. He doesn't really have a choice but to say things like "they hate us for our freedom" and "fight them there we so we don't have to fight them here" because those are messages that will be hard to get garbled and distorted before it gets through the filter of the media. And lets be honest, Bush probably isn't the right guy to try to articulate a complex strategy.

Will, does that book talk about Iran or Russia in regards to our decision to go to Iraq?

3. Quote Originally Posted by LogicFlux View Post
    Will, does that book talk about Iran or Russia in regards to our decision to go to Iraq?
    Barnett sees Russia as an important ally in the Pentagon's tasks for the next century. I would like to agree. It's frustrating that the Russians are still fighting the last war when the next one's already begun. The Russians have some serious self-image issues - they need a hug. To be frank, anyone who sees a defensive missile shield as a hostile act is showing serious signs of mental illness.

Barnett would like to see Iran as an ally too, but that's an insane fantasy as long as Iran's moderate populace allows themselves to live under subjugation to their Islamist minority. Before the Islamists captured Iran, Iran was one of the richest, freest, and most modern nations in the middle east. It's sad to see how just a few thousand Islamists have damaged the entire nation.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    I frequently want to criticize George Bush for failing to explain his administrations foreign policies. The only thing that (usually) stops me is that I can't seem to explain them -- in simple terms -- myself. I understand them and I agree with (most of) them -- but I can't explain them in a few simple words. I could not explain them in a sound clip.

That's the way it is in Islamic countries. You're born into Islam and if you try to leave the religion you are guilty of committing apostasy -- which carries some pretty serious penalties. To my mind, that seems too much like slavery.
    Sound clips sell. We all know that. People will follow something that they believe sounds good. It's just like some individuals donate $10k to some organization planting a couple of trees a week in Costa Rica to help them feel good and as if they have saved the earth for another week.

Ever since Reagan ended his second term, it seems that communication between Repubs, the media and the general audience has suffered and never regained what it once had.
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456