75 35.05%
  • Have been banned before.

35 16.36%
  • What's DP?

14 6.54%
Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned from DP?

Quote Originally Posted by Kovich View Post
    I have four links in my signature, and none of my posts are spam. I had amazing iTrader at DP (all positive) and never spammed them. The worst infraction I got was bumping my threads.
    Come on Kovich... everyone knows you had nine links because we discussed it in this thread. The only reason you haven't got nine any more is because they were removed when Will inserted his new mod into the template.

You feel free to keep denying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovich View Post
    Besides, even if I had nine links in my signature, I don't see how that would be spamming, or how it would work to validate any of your slanderous claims.
    You don't see how nine sig links is spamming? Words fail me. What slanderous claims?

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    Come on Kovich...
    You really don't like Kovich, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by m42 View Post
    Odd question, but I'm curious enough to ask how many of you have been/are banned from DP?
    Have been, but am not currently. So I had to answer no to the poll. Should have had an option for "Have Been Banned Before".

I was banned 25 minutes prior to a new stick/rule being posted. That was ban one, in BST. For posting an answer to a question. Like I have since 1998 on DP, (oh, it was a mailing list back then).

Second time, I insulted one of the moderators friends by questioning the intelligence of one of his posts.

Third time will be the last.
    Jer - OWNER HostDrive.Com and HostingLizard.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Third time will be the last.
    Keep an eye on this one buffy, he causes all sorts of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Keep an eye on this one buffy, he causes all sorts of trouble.
    You ain't seen nothing yet! BWAHHWAWAWAAAAA!!!!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kovich View Post
    DigitalPoint banned me because I exposed some potentially critical information regarding their site.

Shawn Hogan, the owner of DP, was taken to court by eBay for cookie stuffing. This means that when we visited his forum, we were actually redirected (without our knowledge) to his eBay referral link. While there, we quickly received the cookies - and went back to our original destination... without even knowing it!

Then, if we signed-up for, or made any purchases on, eBay - he received affiliate commission off of it! He made enough to set off some flags with eBay, and they pursued it in court. I posted all of the legal documents and information, along with a detailed explanation of how the administration was robbing us and others.

The thread eventually reached an uncountable number of pages - and when the moderators noticed it... I was banned. Permanently. They left a cocky 'reason' behind. Soon after, people started noticing what was going on! DigitalPoint was attempting to suppress any negative information regarding the site and the people working for it.

Tons of other people were banned. Some willingly departed for good. The moderators then decided to start editing random posts made by people in the thread, to make them appear incoherent and ridiculous. They removed my posts and the documents. All-in-all, they banned everyone that stood up against them, and covered it all up pretty well. Fascinating.
    Amazing.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by spin View Post
    Amazing.....lol
    Do keep in mind that when this goes to trial in about 2 years, after that - here come the class action law suits.

Think about how much revenue a lot of us were cheated out of as a result. I'm surprised there has not been an action issued already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Do keep in mind that when this goes to trial in about 2 years, after that - here come the class action law suits.

Think about how much revenue a lot of us were cheated out of as a result. I'm surprised there has not been an action issued already.
    so will Dp owners get screwed big time? Like paying up fines in the millions?

Quote Originally Posted by 5starpix View Post
    so will Dp owners get screwed big time? Like paying up fines in the millions?

This is RICO and Racketeering. If it goes criminal, people stand to do prison time. One of the parties had his computers taken by the FBI last year. This involves a bit more than just eBay per say... One has to wonder why one of the primaries that is being sued uses as his defense the fact that he cannot mount a defense since the FBI is in possession of his computers.

Its pretty bizarro stuff if you ask me.

Blimey - I did not realise the FBI were involved. Sheesh..

Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast