• No.

75 35.05%
  • Have been banned before.

35 16.36%
  • What's DP?

14 6.54%
Page 27 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned from DP?

1. Not "warnings" so much as "requests to help make the forums a better place."
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    Not "warnings" so much as "requests to help make the forums a better place."
    Yeah, that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    They could just clean up the thread and that be it. On Net Builders, so far, no infractions or bans have been dealt (warnings have been sent to a few via Private Message, handwritten by Will).
    And that is an excellent policy, most members probably just need a gentle reminder, and the mods at DP should be doing the same. I haven't had a an infraction or ban at DP yet, but reading everybody's responses here it seems like it is almost just a waiting game. Fortunately I'm not dependent on DP for my income but it would be inconvenient if I couldn't use their marketplace or network with other writers.

Quote Originally Posted by elbandelero View Post
    I haven't had a an infraction or ban at DP yet
    Well, you're just... You!

I have 7 expired infractions, and 1 expired warning. Nothing active, as I rarely visit (unless checking statistics like these).

Well, you're just... You!
    I'm not actively trying to get an infraction so maybe that's where I'm going wrong, either that or I'm not aggressive about promoting my business - hmmm, maybe that's why I'm not making enough money. I should study the people who get banned at DP for clues on being successful. Maybe I'll even write an ebook on making money online - get banned by DP then you'll know you're on the right track...

I'm not actively trying to get an infraction so maybe that's where I'm going wrong, either that or I'm not aggressive about promoting my business
    As far as I am concerned, I wouldn't categorize myself as having done either.

As far as I am concerned, I wouldn't categorize myself as having done either.
    Goes back to my original theory, it's just a waiting game

Goes back to my original theory, it's just a waiting game
    It took me 77 days to receive my first infraction (5 pointer) for PMing someone that had posted saying that they were interested in purchasing a new design, and I just so happened to be selling one - so I pointed them to my thread. Weirdos.

How long have you been registered?

It took me 77 days to receive my first infraction (5 pointer) for PMing someone that had posted saying that they were interested in purchasing a new design, and I just so happened to be selling one - so I pointed them to my thread. Weirdos.

How long have you been registered?
    Um, since September I think. I was quite active in my first month, but these days I get frustrated with all the idiots and trolls and rarely reply to threads. When I ask a question I prefer the people answering it to have some knowledge of the subject, or better yet actual experience rather than just spouting the crap they've read in 10yr old ebooks. NB is a breath of fresh air, I just hope the DP brigade doesn't discover it.

I just hope the DP brigade doesn't discover it.
    Eh, it's more so a matter of controlling the DP brigade, which we are highly capable of. We won't necessarily restrict them is to what they can do, but we'll do our best to persuade them to maintain the current quality of our community -- which they will hopefully rapidly see the reason for.

This isn't a task for one person, this isn't a task for the moderators, but it's up to each and every one of you to make sure that you continue to set the standard that you wish to be maintained.

Page 27 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast