Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Google Instant rolling out today!

  1. #21
    There are a lot complaints from webmasters on different forums about that.

    Google instant is another hit on small websites. It seems like Google decided to find all the ways to help big sites.

    No wonder why people a quitting Google and go promote their sites on Facebook or similar sites.

    Customers already know these big brands if they want something most of them are going directly on these sites, they don't need Google to help them and it is pointless to suggest all the time these sites because people will have enough to have over and over again the same sites putting in their throats.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    There are a lot complaints from webmasters on different forums about that.

    Google instant is another hit on small websites. It seems like Google decided to find all the ways to help big sites.

    No wonder why people a quitting Google and go promote their sites on Facebook or similar sites.

    Customers already know these big brands if they want something most of them are going directly on these sites, they don't need Google to help them and it is pointless to suggest all the time these sites because people will have enough to have over and over again the same sites putting in their throats.
    they don't intend to help big brand, killing seo and convert to adword is their main aim ......

  3. #23
    I look at my keyboard when I type most of the time.... so had I not seen these threads about it, it could have been days before I noticed the change, lol.

    Most people that hunt & peck also look at the keyboard when they type.

    I'm willing to bet that most of the people that use Google look at their keyboard.

    80% of my friends do, as most don't know how to put their hands on the qwerty let alone type with more then two fingers.

    Of those that think this will truly hurt them, give it time... let the novelty wear off a bit, and you'll find most people will go back to looking at their keyboards till they are done typing... I mean, most of them that switched to BING are back.

    (keyword: MOST)
    My Homesteading blog is not worth reading
    My Magick site is not worth it's server space
    My Occult forum is likely something you'd not have an interest in
    My wife's Hedgewitch site is worth checking out though...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyCooL View Post
    they don't intend to help big brand, killing seo and convert to adword is their main aim ......
    If they did not intented to help big brands why are they on the top on most of every queries in the organic search?

    They always try to force you in their Adwords system, but this time it is more clear to all.

    Google is making mistakes after mistakes, because what I see today are more and more sites doing black hat SEO or stuffing like hell instead of going to their adwords system.

    Google is taking the wrong path!
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire


  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by javanx3d View Post
    Makes you wonder if the "instant search" actually serves to kill originality and freedom of thought....
    From a user's perspective, I think it's a cool feature but it makes people lazy.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    Customers already know these big brands if they want something most of them are going directly on these sites, they don't need Google to help them and it is pointless to suggest all the time these sites because people will have enough to have over and over again the same sites putting in their throats.
    It doesn't look good for long tail optimized sites but if people keep looking at their keyboard like Qryztufre suggests, then the effect may be dampened a bit. Besides, if a user types fast enough, most intermediate results are visible momentarily only. Slow typing users are exposed to more results, what would Darwin have thought of this ?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Loko View Post
    It doesn't look good for long tail optimized sites but if people keep looking at their keyboard like Qryztufre suggests, then the effect may be dampened a bit. Besides, if a user types fast enough, most intermediate results are visible momentarily only. Slow typing users are exposed to more results, what would Darwin have thought of this ?
    As you said people are lazy. They will soon realize that all they need to do is type in a few letters and Google instant will provide them a suggestion instantly.

    It seems that the 3 and 4 word keywords will still get traffic. But longer tails will decline in volume.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    As you said people are lazy. They will soon realize that all they need to do is type in a few letters and Google instant will provide them a suggestion instantly.

    It seems that the 3 and 4 word keywords will still get traffic. But longer tails will decline in volume.
    yah agree ....
    beginning i lost 40% of traffic ... now 15-20% ...... hopefully some hard work can gain back soon ....

  9. #29
    With all this talk about long tails & hurting the little guys... what are the chances that we can expect to see some MAJOR tweakage in the search algorithms over the next several months to help organic searches?

    A stronger strike against paid links, a bigger penalty against Directory worth, actually paying attention to rel="nofollow", etc...

    It would be nice at any rate....as it stands, the bigger the company budget the more they can pay for keyword bumpage. By pushing the little guy they could really help out everyone, especially when you look at it like this...

    If you bring the little guy to the TOP of the SERP, the big guy then will have to resort to buying ads (adwords) (like they should be anyway). In the long run it'll earn the Big G some big greens, and it will help the little guy. Win/Win/Win by my way of thinking.

    After all, the placement of my site, or your site, means NOTHING to the big G money wise, beyond making the end user happy. The money counts in who has Adsense & who has Adwords, all else is pretty much secondary. (right?)
    My Homesteading blog is not worth reading
    My Magick site is not worth it's server space
    My Occult forum is likely something you'd not have an interest in
    My wife's Hedgewitch site is worth checking out though...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Qryztufre View Post
    With all this talk about long tails & hurting the little guys... what are the chances that we can expect to see some MAJOR tweakage in the search algorithms over the next several months to help organic searches?

    A stronger strike against paid links, a bigger penalty against Directory worth, actually paying attention to rel="nofollow", etc...

    It would be nice at any rate....as it stands, the bigger the company budget the more they can pay for keyword bumpage. By pushing the little guy they could really help out everyone, especially when you look at it like this...

    If you bring the little guy to the TOP of the SERP, the big guy then will have to resort to buying ads (adwords) (like they should be anyway). In the long run it'll earn the Big G some big greens, and it will help the little guy. Win/Win/Win by my way of thinking.

    After all, the placement of my site, or your site, means NOTHING to the big G money wise, beyond making the end user happy. The money counts in who has Adsense & who has Adwords, all else is pretty much secondary. (right?)
    i think you wrong, it does affect mr g wallet and their long term plan.

    Let said Sony, they willing to pay millions for AD, with google instant search, Sony might cut the budget and google might lose million dollar ... question is would Sony A&P cut the budget ?

    Second: How many small reseller, reviewer, store with Sony Product in world wide web ? i believe each store paying 1 dollar to Mr G, total amount will be much bigger then Sony paying alone ......

    What Mr G target is convert SEO user to Adword and gain popularity of ADWORD, if G can convert 10% of SEO user to ADWORD, i think google will be totally different now ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 28 September, 2010, 11:06 AM
  2. Google Pagerank update today!!
    By xpleet in forum Managing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29 June, 2010, 12:20 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24 May, 2010, 12:57 PM
  4. Google is Almost Dead Today
    By Shenron in forum Search Engine News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 15 May, 2009, 08:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •