Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post counts in the General Chat area

Forum is a place where we meet , interact, and get introduced to new people and apart from the work we do with them we also talk,laugh and have fun with them...
    If all other sections of NB are for work what is the problem if one section is for fun.
    GC is the essence of NB and if you destroy it then the charm of NB will be lost.You definitely need to have some fun with loads of work!!!!!
    And those who post in gc are putting a lot of effort too and if you all make the posts countless then those people will stop posting in any of the sections.
    Posting in gc is not against the rules and you cant do this !!!!!!!
    This is definitely not done.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCheri View Post
    Forum is a place where we meet , interact, and get introduced to new people and apart from the work we do with them we also talk,laugh and have fun with them...
    If all other sections of NB are for work what is the problem if one section is for fun.
    GC is the essence of NB and if you destroy it then the charm of NB will be lost.You definitely need to have some fun with loads of work!!!!!
    And those who post in gc are putting a lot of effort too and if you all make the posts countless then those people will stop posting in any of the sections.
    Posting in gc is not against the rules and you cant do this !!!!!!!
    This is definitely not done.
    It's not about removing the GC, it's just about not counting the post count in GC. As it's not about 'webmastering', a lot of forums do this as the GC is a sort of 'spam' place in my opinion...

Like I said before, I guess there are more benefits if you don't count the posts in GC.

Greetz
    |Nico Lawsons

People will still be able to post/spam the GC, the only difference is that GC posts won't count for the overall post count number.

In fact I'd even hide that stat, what's the use of it? Holding a badge stating you spam more than others?

Is there anyone who cares about post counts.. Well I don't bother. I have been a member of DP since Jan. 4, 2008.. and my post count is around 530 only..

The general chat is the only reason I come to the forum. What is value to a forum anyway? That's one person's opinion. There should not be any post count at any of the forums if you start cherry picking. A lot of good posters quit netbuilders when the post count got removed from the politics and religion forums. I think Will invited me due to my outrageous comments I give from time to time in the P&R section not the BST section. The webmaster part of the forums is the same boring recycled stuff that is posted everywhere. The community is built in the General sections. If the General section grows the rest of the forums will explode. Try not to run off members by not implementing the rules throughout each forum the same.

Regards, homebiz.

Well, I don't really care much about post count (so as long as I can help and be helped ), but do remember, some people are really attracted to high post counts, and if we start limiting post counts, then when will it end? Will we limit it from the private forums? Or even the B/S/T as those aren't even quality just advertisements and some even spam.

(yeah I can care less about post count limiting, but I'm sure a lot of others do mind).
    Webmaster Forums
    Host Mist | Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated
    Arcade Master - Rule the arcade!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
    People will still be able to post/spam the GC, the only difference is that GC posts won't count for the overall post count number.

In fact I'd even hide that stat, what's the use of it? Holding a badge stating you spam more than others?
    Quote Originally Posted by homebizseo View Post
    The general chat is the only reason I come to the forum. What is value to a forum anyway? That's one person's opinion. There should not be any post count at any of the forums if you start cherry picking. A lot of good posters quit netbuilders when the post count got removed from the politics and religion forums. I think Will invited me due to my outrageous comments I give from time to time in the P&R section not the BST section. The webmaster part of the forums is the same boring recycled stuff that is posted everywhere. The community is built in the General sections. If the General section grows the rest of the forums will explode. Try not to run off members by not implementing the rules throughout each forum the same.

Regards, homebiz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastercraze View Post
    Well, I don't really care much about post count (so as long as I can help and be helped ), but do remember, some people are really attracted to high post counts, and if we start limiting post counts, then when will it end? Will we limit it from the private forums? Or even the B/S/T as those aren't even quality just advertisements and some even spam.

(yeah I can care less about post count limiting, but I'm sure a lot of others do mind).
    I have notice since reading this thread that I joined back around the website was put online and some members have really spammed other sections with little worth mostly in sections other than general chat. Some have over 1,000 posts. I think all the post counts should be removed except for people that post in the general Chat section.

The people in the sections other than general chat are notorious for pulling scams. Why reward them with post count.

Regards homebizseo.

homebizseo you make some valid points. Was one of those weird days and saw like 15 threads all started as one line threads. Never has the intention to mean that people should not be social just bugged me to see that. Then
    some members have really spammed other sections with little worth
    I agree with this also.

Guess nothing can really be done about it except just plugging away and read the titles that look interesting to me and reply if it fits a subject I like.

So I change my stance on the post count if it matters to folks who frequent it then leave it. Just not areas I frequent so never thought they were that big of a deal on a webmaster forum just always figured chat clients and chats rooms were the preferred areas for social chat. Goes to show what I know.

Also is that true some of the people really left because the post counts were removed in the P&R section?

Reverse IP Check ಠ_ಠ Proxy Sites
    <?php if ($youask == 'stupid question') { echo ('stupid answer'); } ?>

Well I just came here because Will made me And....I think I'm the only member from the land of Elvis (Memphis) who has also been to Singapore and the American club so that should be worth at least 500+ bonus posts in the contest right??? hehe. And I have increased income by more than $2USD by being on Net Builders!!!!!
    Cheers,
    James

I absolutely agree with you Hombiz....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast