Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Link Exchange

  1. #11
    If you Google keyterms you are after and find a partner page popping up, chances are you may want to be on that one.
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

  2. #12
    AS I know, nowadays link exchange is completely shuttered because Google does not like it and now its worthless. There are lots of people avoid it because of Google penalty.

  3. #13
    According to me Link exchange is process for improve on website page rank, website visitors and improve rank in SERP. its a part of Off Page SEO.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    If you Google keyterms you are after and find a partner page popping up, chances are you may want to be on that one.
    Ditto! These kinds of links will take some work though. The best is to connect with the webmaster via the blogosphere or social media. Even if the link is "no follow" it's worth a thousand crappy links.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biztech Consultancy View Post
    AS I know, nowadays link exchange is completely shuttered because Google does not like it and now its worthless. There are lots of people avoid it because of Google penalty.
    The old style pre-2005 Link exchange methods usually go south fast. 5-10 link exchanges with quality sites in the same niche should be fine. Google defines 'excessive' link exchanges as a link scheme.

  5. #15
    Just do not do link exchanges with either unrelated sites or when the link to your site ends up on a link page. All links should look natural.

    Never do link exchanges with someone you do not know unless you check them out thoroughly. I have found that over 95% of links exchange requests are fraudulent. Your links ends up on a link page that is blocked from spider access or a nofollow attribute is added to the link. Any page with a PR = n/a is suspicious. Many of these requests are sent by bots.

    From my experience 100% of link exchange requests when someone sends you an e-mail with URL to a link page and says, "We really like your site. I have already added your link to our site. Please add the following link to our site from your site" have been fraudulent.

    I never respond to link exchange requests, but I check out all of the requests just to keep on top of the latest link exchange scams.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  6. #16
    I prefer exchanges on sites with related content, but not the same niche. For example, if I advertise a hotel in a city, I exchange links with people providing tours.

    It makes sense and it provides traffic to the people I exchange links with as visitors look for that type of service regardless.

    So there is always a need to exchange links unless your company is one that provides everything a visitor may want.

    For whatever you have traffic for that you do not provide yourself, give it to someone or add an affiliate program that provides it.
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,772
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    Never do link exchanges with someone you do not know unless you check them out thoroughly. I have found that over 95% of links exchange requests are fraudulent. Your links ends up on a link page that is blocked from spider access or a nofollow attribute is added to the link. Any page with a PR = n/a is suspicious. Many of these requests are sent by bots.

    From my experience 100% of link exchange requests when someone sends you an e-mail with URL to a link page and says, "We really like your site. I have already added your link to our site. Please add the following link to our site from your site" have been fraudulent.

    I never respond to link exchange requests, but I check out all of the requests just to keep on top of the latest link exchange scams.
    This is the biggest problem. Linkbuilders try to get a link and give nothing in return. The biggest scam is the three way link. You link to them and they give you a link back on page 299 of the fun directory. They then sell the links for $2-3 a pop.

  8. #18
    One of the biggest link exchange scams by a link builder that I have seen was with one of my clients who has a PR 5 Christian dating site that almost always ranks in the top 10. I was working on the site one day and found dozens of hidden link farm pages with hundreds of links to casino and porn sites. When I asked the site owner, he told me about a link builder that offered to build links to his site if he could place a few pages within his site. The site owner naively gave the guy FTP access to his site.

    All the pages were PR = n/a because there were no links to the pages within the site. The guy was selling premium PR 5 links from a Christian dating site to the porn and casino site industry, even though there was no PR or link value to pass.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


  9. #19
    What I have noticed about my friend's link builder is that he keeps delaying the ranking reports with "check is in the mail" type of replies.

    I see a lot of those guys around and they all seem scammy to me.

    A lot of CEOs and site owners have frankly no idea what it is that gets them Google traffic, so they are often assuming it is the link building that gotten them up there and they are afraid to lose whatever rankings they have.

    But this strategy by Google should get the word out quickly. Especially when website owners start losing major traffic.
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

  10. #20
    There may be a few good link building companies out there, but I have never found one. A few companies initially concentrate on local business directory listings, which generally are good, but when that short list is exhausted they resort to the crappy links.

    I fully understand that it can be extraordinarily difficult to build good quality links, but today the crappy links can do much more harm than good. A site is better off without backlinks than to have hundreds of crappy backlinks.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •