Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lessons to be learned by the RNC from 2012 electoral losses

Democrats rely on social chaos. They don't want to see Americans go to work. If Americans work rather than playing the system, they will have no message to appeal to the "victims". Cheap labor is expensive for society. Everyone in the US needs to get a job. It doesn't matter how dirty. It is better for US citizens to do the type of dirty work and move up from there than sit at home and collect a check for doing nothing.

A healthy society is based on a reward system, not a society where loopholes make or break someone financially. Of course, there is a need for unity more than anything to bypass the middle men (politicians). But everything I see happening has been a result of increasing division. And until that division is overcome, I cannot see a real solution other than the usual cycle ending up in more problems.
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

You are correct on all points.

One of the problems is that the fringe elements of both parties are defining the parties.

On the Democrat site, Liberals have become Progressives. During the last election, Obama corrected a reporter who asked him if he would define himself as a Liberal. Obama's response was that he is not a Liberal; he is a Progressive. A Progressive has nothing to do with progress. Today's Progressives are Communists. That also explains why Obama has chosen so many Marxists for his czars. A czar is appointed by the president without any approval or vetting process. They are supposed to be consultants to the president, but Obama has illegally granted them regulatory powers. During his first term, Obama's team cranked out over 27,000 pages of new regulations. That is crippling some industries who do not know how to interpret the new and mostly poorly written regulations.

On the Republican side, the Tea Party emerged. The primary emphasis of the Tea Party is to get the wild spending spree under control, yet they are universally vilified and demonized by the liberal media who characterize them as radicals and kooks. The press has successfully positioned the Tea party as the group that will take the freebies away if Tea Party members are elected. The Tea Party just wants to go back to traditional spending and principles that are proven and work, but the Progressives have the country by the throat and are dragging us in the opposite direction.

Abraham Lincoln, who was the first Republican president and one who presided over a bitterly split country after our Civil War, made the statement, "A house divided against itself cannot stand." Let's hope that his statement does not define the demise of the USA.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by TD
    The Tea Party just wants to go back to traditional spending and principles that are proven and work, but the Progressives have the country by the throat and are dragging us in the opposite direction.
    There is nothing fun about being fiscally responsible
    It requires cutting programs we'd "like" to have, programs that "in a perfect world" would be cool. Unfortunately we aren't just "broke", we are massively in debt and going deeper into it every single minute that we don't fix the deficit. So the left villifies the Tea Party for being the only one willing to be an adult and admit we arent bringing in too little revenue, we're just overspending.

And though there's no support for the allegation they branded the Tea Party "racist", because short of "child molester" the isn't a more disparaging term in the US. Nobody likes the sonuvabitch that says "Hey guys, we don't get any more beer cause we're outta cash." That isn't the way to be popular. The popular thing to do is say, "Hey, I have this other guy's Mastercard. Won't cost us nuthin."

Every child would rather eat candy than vegetables
    The Democrat's target constituency is voting age adults with the personal discipline of a child. It doesn't matter to them that "free stuff" is not free, someone has to pay for it, and it doesn't matter that you can't keep spending money you don't have. Facts don't matter to them, "wants" matter. We are a "wealthy country", "we *should* be able to provide {insert item} to {insert victim group}."

Romney lost to Santa
    Our current administration promised the impossible... we were going to give away more, cut the deficit, and do it all by taxing the rich. Never mind if we could somehow tax the entire income of the rich the math wouldn't work... people wanted to believe. Hope and Change. Yes We CAN. Didn't matter that he'd ignored the deficit his first term. At least he promised candy. That bastard Romney promised "jobs"... which sounded suspiciously like "work".

Pure and simple... the Dems treated our country like ignorant children, and the country proved them right.
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

The Tea Party might be sound when it comes to the original purpose, but what it has turned to is really just a divisive tool giving the media an opportunity to sidetrack rather than keeping things agenda based.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    You are correct on all points.

One of the problems is that the fringe elements of both parties are defining the parties.

On the Democrat site, Liberals have become Progressives. During the last election, Obama corrected a reporter who asked him if he would define himself as a Liberal. Obama's response was that he is not a Liberal; he is a Progressive. A Progressive has nothing to do with progress. Today's Progressives are Communists. That also explains why Obama has chosen so many Marxists for his czars. A czar is appointed by the president without any approval or vetting process. They are supposed to be consultants to the president, but Obama has illegally granted them regulatory powers. During his first term, Obama's team cranked out over 27,000 pages of new regulations. That is crippling some industries who do not know how to interpret the new and mostly poorly written regulations.

On the Republican side, the Tea Party emerged. The primary emphasis of the Tea Party is to get the wild spending spree under control, yet they are universally vilified and demonized by the liberal media who characterize them as radicals and kooks. The press has successfully positioned the Tea party as the group that will take the freebies away if Tea Party members are elected. The Tea Party just wants to go back to traditional spending and principles that are proven and work, but the Progressives have the country by the throat and are dragging us in the opposite direction.

Abraham Lincoln, who was the first Republican president and one who presided over a bitterly split country after our Civil War, made the statement, "A house divided against itself cannot stand." Let's hope that his statement does not define the demise of the USA.
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

The Tea party has actually not turned into anything different from its original purpose. The stories in the media about it being a racist group or radical are pure fabrication. In today's Obama America, anyone who tries to do something about the fraud in government spending is called a racist by the liberal media pukes.

There would not be anything about the Tea Party that is viewed as divisive if most people really do want to get the spending spree under control. The primary focus for the Tea Party is to reduce the wasteful spending, but that takes candy away from people who are fraudulently milking the system.

We do not teach economics to children in the lower levels of education and it is only required for business courses in college. When I grew up in Chicago in the 1960s, we had to take Civics courses so we understood how government works and had to pass a Civics test in order to graduate from high school. When the Democrats took over the educational systems in the USA, they removed those course requirements because it allows them to manipulate what people believe.

Almost any time an economic survey is done, we find that over 50% of the people believe that government has their own money and can just print more when they need it. That is a justification for people to take as much as they can because under that scenario, it doesn't hurt anyone. They do not understand or care that in order for the government to give them $1, they have to take $4 away from someone who earned it. $3 is wasted in the government bureaucracy. That is how much is wasted when the US government is in control of something.

All of this has become much worse under Obama.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dammann View Post
    The Tea Party might be sound when it comes to the original purpose, but what it has turned to is really just a divisive tool giving the media an opportunity to sidetrack rather than keeping things agenda based.
    The media doesn't need an opportunity or excuse to sidetrack. These days, the media in the US is little better than Pravda of communist Russia. They simply print what they want. A few examples:

Today CNN had a 5 minute segment focusing on dead children and women in the Gaza strikes. Lots of camera shots of bleeding babies, lots of interviews with Gazan's asking why. At the end of the 5 minute segment, the talking head mentions that civilians have also died in Israel.

This morning CNN finally decided to interview someone about the changing story from the Obama admin regarding Benghazi. The CNN news anchor, for the first time, admitted the story put out initially was wrong and forwarded two points to the viewers. 1) Isn't this really the fault of the public who demands information in real time and an administration that is just trying to help? 2) Perhaps it would have been better if they had just stated simply "We don't know yet".

All this ignores the FACT they did know what happened within 24 hours. The white house purposefully put out disinformation, and last night, I saw the new spin starting to take place. Some Obama surrogate started talking about the need to throw Al Queda off guard by not letting them know what they knew. Its insulting.

Yesterday, following the Petraeus interview with congress, Ed Shultz took sound clips from Rep. King's summary of the interview, pieced them together in such a way as to imply that Petraeus provided and approved the talking points Ambassador Rice used on her media tour over the next two weeks. What Rep. King said was actually the opposite, but MSNBC allowed the misinformation to go out over it's air.

This crap happens daily.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    The Tea party has actually not turned into anything different from its original purpose. The stories in the media about it being a racist group or radical are pure fabrication. In today's Obama America, anyone who tries to do something about the fraud in government spending is called a racist by the liberal media pukes.

There would not be anything about the Tea Party that is viewed as divisive if most people really do want to get the spending spree under control. The primary focus for the Tea Party is to reduce the wasteful spending, but that takes candy away from people who are fraudulently milking the system.

We do not teach economics to children in the lower levels of education and it is only required for business courses in college. When I grew up in Chicago in the 1960s, we had to take Civics courses so we understood how government works and had to pass a Civics test in order to graduate from high school. When the Democrats took over the educational systems in the USA, they removed those course requirements because it allows them to manipulate what people believe.

Almost any time an economic survey is done, we find that over 50% of the people believe that government has their own money and can just print more when they need it. That is a justification for people to take as much as they can because under that scenario, it doesn't hurt anyone. They do not understand or care that in order for the government to give them $1, they have to take $4 away from someone who earned it. $3 is wasted in the government bureaucracy. That is how much is wasted when the US government is in control of something.

All of this has become much worse under Obama.
    It's a mindset. A slave mentality if you will when people do not take responsibility for themselves. This is one example:

Americans waste, throw away nearly half their food: study | Reuters

What is bad is when irresponsible behavior gets rewarded.

The same is happening in Europe as well.

The higher in debt, the more help a country gets. As a result the cycle will never end and nobody gets ahead.

This is just my opinion folks, feel free to agree or disagree. =) However, I believe the Republicans need to talk about immigration reform, but not just slinging pardons everywhere...we need to be smart about it. I don't think that immigrants that are here legally should have such a hard time becoming a citizen. The money, time and effort it takes to TRY and become an American citizen is insane. So, instead of saying, "Let's deport them all", we should say, "We would like to ease citizenship red tape to make it easier for those that want to be here...to be able to do so legally" Those NOT following the guidelines, should be deported. I think the reason there are so many illegal immigrants here, is because they CAN'T become citizens the right way.

Also, the GOP needs to stay out of a woman's womb. Period. Say that your pro life, but make sure every woman knows you aren't planning on sending poor pregnant girls to back alleys to have abortions. I don't know how many times a Republican politician was sucked into this conversation, just to have the liberal media run with it and make the whole party look bad. Abortion should not have even been a topic this election. Our economy should have been mentioned more often than it was. As for paying for birth control...it should be covered under a health plan like any other medication. Why should birth control be different? Walmart has a prescription plan where you can pay $4 for a list of prescriptions...birth control is on there.

Next. I would love to have a God fearing man as President. But if one of your governors is saying, "Rape victims are blessed with the children they are left with", shut him down. No one likes a radical. Of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryren View Post
    This is just my opinion folks, feel free to agree or disagree. =) However, I believe the Republicans need to talk about immigration reform, but not just slinging pardons everywhere...we need to be smart about it. I don't think that immigrants that are here legally should have such a hard time becoming a citizen. The money, time and effort it takes to TRY and become an American citizen is insane. So, instead of saying, "Let's deport them all", we should say, "We would like to ease citizenship red tape to make it easier for those that want to be here...to be able to do so legally" Those NOT following the guidelines, should be deported. I think the reason there are so many illegal immigrants here, is because they CAN'T become citizens the right way.
    My painter/handyman is an illegal. He has been in this country for 25 years. Hes a nice guy with grown kids. These people are obviously not going away, and when you talk about deporting these people, it alienates a lot of people who know them (most of whom happen to be latino).

Yes I am in favor of letting them stay, just like Reagan did. I just don't want to do it without fixing the holes in the fence, and NOTHING is going to fix the holes in the fence short of armed predator drones striking targets moving across the border. The only way to get effective enforcement is with ID checks and penalties for illegals and employers alike. If the Dems would be willing to trade a path to citizenship for effective enforcement, I think the Republicans should jump all over it.

Also, the GOP needs to stay out of a woman's womb. Period. Say that your pro life, but make sure every woman knows you aren't planning on sending poor pregnant girls to back alleys to have abortions. I don't know how many times a Republican politician was sucked into this conversation, just to have the liberal media run with it and make the whole party look bad. Abortion should not have even been a topic this election. Our economy should have been mentioned more often than it was. As for paying for birth control...it should be covered under a health plan like any other medication. Why should birth control be different? Walmart has a prescription plan where you can pay $4 for a list of prescriptions...birth control is on there.
    You see, I agree with you there as well, with a caveat. At some point, that zygote becomes a viable human being. At that point, it deserves protection. The trick is determining what that point is. I definitely disagree with the concept of preserving every fertilized egg. A large percentage of those don't make it, all on their own.

The other problem you/we/Republicans/Democrats are going to have to deal with are the people who disagree. The people who think life begins at conception. There are a lot of them, and they are going to vote for someone.

Next. I would love to have a God fearing man as President. But if one of your governors is saying, "Rape victims are blessed with the children they are left with", shut him down. No one likes a radical. Of any kind.
    That quote was taken WAY out of context. The guy simply falls into the group that thinks the minute the egg is fertilized, voila, it is a human being, with rights protected under the constitution. I disagree, but lets not be stupid and interpret the guy's in-eloquence as an endorsement of rape.

He never should have been sucked into the conversation to begin with. That's one of those issues where the less said, the better. State your position on pro-life, then get back to the issues.

If your gardener has been here 25 years illegally, I bet he's tried at some point to become a citizen. It ain't easy. Maybe he hasn't...but that's most likely because he knew there was no point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast