Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The War on Women and Minorities

Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    But at the same time the Labor Unions are calling for Obama to punish Michigan for becoming a 'Right to Work' state.
    Actually I am against this concept of right to work state, and when you cannot leave the union when workers/employees are under contract. In my country we are totally free to leave at any time the union and there are no right to work state concept.

If an union do its job, they shouldn't be necessary to force in anyway workers/employees to souscribe it.

We always talk about freedom and liberties, but this US union concept is a kind of scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    Actually I am against this concept of right to work state, and when you cannot leave the union when workers/employees are under contract. In my country we are totally free to leave at any time the union and there are no right to work state concept.

If an union do its job, they shouldn't be necessary to force in anyway workers/employees to souscribe it.

We always talk about freedom and liberties, but this US union concept is a kind of scam.
    I'm not sure is you understand what a Right to Work state means. It means a union cannot force someone to become a member because a company is unionized. It also means a union cannot force you to pay union dues if you do not belong to the union. In states that are not Right to Work states, if you want to work for a company represented by a union, you must join the union or at least are forced to pay union dues if you do not join. There are also other aspects that protect the rights of workers against the common abuses of unions.

For example, years ago I worked for Illinois Bell Telephone in downtown Chicago. The company was represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Employees had the option of joining the union, but if they did not, they were still forced to pay union dues but they had no representation. Illinois is obviously not a right to Work state.

I currently live in Arizona, which is a Right to Work state. About the only union members you will find here are Federal government employees.

Right To Work - Arizona is a Right to Work State

There was a time when unions were needed because workers were abused by low pay, dangerous conditions and long hours. That time is long past because we now have hundreds of laws that protect workers from abuse. When people are given a choice, most do not chose unions.

Unions have a long history of greed and abuses that far exceed those of employers. You may not realize that most unions in the USA are still run by crime syndicates. I went to school in Chicago with many of the kids of crime syndicate members. Today, quite a number of the guys I went to school with are managers in the Chicago unions. In the 1950s, most of the crime syndicates went "legitimate', which resulted in their takeover of unions and most major shopping malls. That is not an opinion. It is a fact.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    I'm not sure is you understand what a Right to Work state means.
    It is the other way around, sorry for the confusion. But still, nobody should force anyone to join union and should hold people into union even if they joined and cannot leave until the contract end.

People should be free to join or leave at any time from union. That's what I was trying to say.

A term "Right to Work state" confuses a lot of people. Right to Work means having the ability to make your own choice, rather that having it forced upon you by a union. In other words, you have the right to work at a company without being forced to join the union. The only way that unions stay in power in the USA is when unionization--or at least paying union dues--is mandatory.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Republican Gabriel Gomez and Democratic Congressman Ed Markey race is a toss-up in Senate race to replace John Kerry. This must have the Dems heads spinning. A Gomez win would give the Republicans three Hispanic members of the US Senate. Currently, there is one Democratic Hispanic member.

Read more: Poll: MA Senate Special Election a Dead Heat Between Gomez, Markey

The only way that unions stay in power in the USA is when unionization--or at least paying union dues--is mandatory.
    The US private sector has a 7.6% union membership. Most union members are government workers and they are on a key Democratic constituency supporting the opposite policies that would help minorities to enter the middle class.

MSNC host Chris Matthews says Ted Cruz is a black Irish Nazi Sympathizer

“This guy goes pretty far, but I think he fits in the tradition of Father Coughlin, and [Joe] McCarthy, and of course, and maybe to a lesser extent, Pat Buchanan, and [Bill] O’Reilly. These guys are hard right-wing guys, they look a lot alike — they have what we call the ‘black Irish look’ to them — they don’t smile much.”

I don't see anything wrong with the issues about Cruz that Left-wing wienie Chris Mathews points out. They seem to be extreme to him, but should be common sense for all conservatives.

It is interesting how the Left still tries to demonize Joe McCarthy and holds him up as a comparison for evil. We did not find out until 1995 when Bill Clinton quietly declassified the results from the Venona Project that Joe McCarthy was correct about Communists infiltrating the US government, including the atomic bomb project at Los Alamos. The Venona project decrypted Soviet messages from the 1940s and 1950s and discovered that the names of almost every person on Joe McCarthy's political hit list was receiving payments from the Soviets, including several people on FDR's White House team.

The liberal news media buried the Venona announcements in 1995 and almost no one in the USA is aware of the discoveries.

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough with 'Race Baiting' comments about the Black Irish shading of Barry O'bama in this NRA ad.

It is interesting how the Left still tries to demonize Joe McCarthy and holds him up as a comparison for evil. We did not find out until 1995 when Bill Clinton quietly declassified the results from the Venona Project that Joe McCarthy was correct about Communists infiltrating the US government, including the atomic bomb project at Los Alamos. The Venona project decrypted Soviet messages from the 1940s and 1950s and discovered that the names of almost every person on Joe McCarthy's political hit list was receiving payments from the Soviets, including several people on FDR's White House team.

The liberal news media buried the Venona announcements in 1995 and almost no one in the USA is aware of the discoveries.
    This is true and probably the Latino children are taught from old text books about Mccarthyism and the Red Scare.

Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Mccarthyism and the Red Scare.
    Allow me to compare what's going on today and what Ron Paul said for decades, many of us will see the real truth.

Who says the Republicans need tp pander to illegal aliens?

Jorge Bonilla has declared he will challange leftwing Congressman Alan Grayson for Congress in 2014. Grayson served one term in Congress after winning election in 2008, but was then voted out of office during the tea party wave of 2010.

Jorge Bonilla is a 42-year-old Republican who was born in Brooklyn, New York to Puerto Rico immigrant parents and served the Marine Corps Reserves and then active duty in the Navy.

Bonilla believes he can win the district over, including by reaching out to Hispanics, who compose over 40 percent of the district’s residents.
    Read more: Meet Jorge Bonilla, the man who wants to unseat Alan Grayson | The Daily Caller

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast