Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: The Complete Story Behind the Fall of SEOChat

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetheater View Post
    Hi Will

    What do you think about DP...do you think they will also fail like seochat,as they recently banned some good members as well!!
    They've already failed, IMO.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetheater View Post
    Hi Will

    What do you think about DP...do you think they will also fail like seochat,as they recently banned some good members as well!!
    I don't think DP will fail. I think DP will remain a market place. I do not believe that people will be going there to learn. It is most likely going to become an eBay type of site, but that of course will only be possible as long as there are moderators spending time sorting out the messes that the section brings along with it.
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

  3. The trouble with DP as a marketplace is that they are banning both buyers and sellers en masse for screwball reasons.

    It's difficult to make a deal when the person on the other side of the bargaining table could disappear at any moment. It's difficult to run an auction when you, the auctioneer, could be removed from the auction without notice and for no apparent reason.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  4. #14
    My first problem I had was not being allowed to be honest. Someone was asking about selling to people in Nigeria or some other country and I was honest and said that because of the religion in certain countries allows them to rip off infidels that we won't do business with those countries.

    Donna gave me a nice infraction.

    When DP started it was fresh, people were actually talking about the techniques that did work for SEO and it was open. It didn't take long until I forgot about seochat and would visit randomly only to find it started looking more childish and spammy with the karate belts and ads.

    DP has been failing for SEO quality threads and the P&R just becomes a huge waste of time. I need to stay out of the P&R here as well.

  5. #15
    I get let back into DP in about 5 hours. Maybe I can help save it. NOT.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by ewn View Post
    My first problem I had was not being allowed to be honest.
    That sentence has been haunting me.

    One reason that a different forum failed is that they set a rule where no one could post negative information in a sellers thread.

    A free market requires the free flow of information, both good and bad. Honest information protects the consumer, and that is what is most important to a successful marketplace.

    Honesty is far more important than politeness.

    The same is true for site reviews. A nice polite site review that doesn't really dig into the weaknesses of a site is useless. It's not worth the time it takes to read it.

    A vicious detailed beat down is far more useful, even if it does bring the recipient close to tears.

    Of course, I still hate to see forum members being mean to one another -- but I think that is a price that has to be paid in order to reap all of the benefits of free speech.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.Spencer View Post
    That sentence has been haunting me.

    One reason that a different forum failed is that they set a rule where no one could post negative information in a sellers thread.

    A free market requires the free flow of information, both good and bad. Honest information protects the consumer, and that is what is most important to a successful marketplace.

    Honesty is far more important than politeness.

    The same is true for site reviews. A nice polite site review that doesn't really dig into the weaknesses of a site is useless. It's not worth the time it takes to read it.

    A vicious detailed beat down is far more useful, even if it does bring the recipient close to tears.

    Of course, I still hate to see forum members being mean to one another -- but I think that is a price that has to be paid in order to reap all of the benefits of free speech.
    Totally agree with you on this one.

    But I have to ask you how you quoted me and my name somehow changed to "ewn"?????

  8. Probably just a typo on my part.
    Submit Your Webmaster Related Sites to the NB Directory
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Pets story
    By DotComBum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22 October, 2009, 08:25 AM
  2. I’m fall in love!
    By Suman in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 1 September, 2009, 09:47 AM
  3. Why do my website rankings fall?
    By YaroslavKorchagin in forum Google Keyword Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20 August, 2009, 09:12 AM
  4. Story Thread
    By Brandon in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 22 July, 2009, 02:10 AM
  5. Your MMO story/journey
    By akira07 in forum Business
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 1 June, 2009, 10:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •