Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panetta opens combat roles to women

I believe that someone needs to be legally in the US to join the military. I'm sure there's plenty of cases where illegals have joined using fake papers or someone else's.

Though the selective service page states that illegal aliens under the age of 26 need to register.

Almost all other male noncitizens are required to register, including illegal aliens, legal permanent residents, and refugees. The general rule is that if a male noncitizen takes up residency in the U.S. before his 26th birthday, he must register with Selective Service.
    Selective Service System: Fast Facts

First, weird that I go to the main forum page and all I get is one big white screen.
    Yet I can come to any interior pages like this one.

Okay, it is still illegal aliens meeting certain requirements can join the service.

And we have this starting up.
    Undocumented Immigrants Push For Military Service Under Deferred Action

And remember, our own war of independence....a good half of our army were considered illegal aliens since they came to America, and the British did not want them here.
    EG: the founder of my wife's family came to the country from Ireland and fought in the war on our side.
    Either George Washington or the Continental Congress made all who served citizens of the new country.
    They also allowed all those who had supported England to stay as citizens or feel free to leave.

Well, I may have added the last 4 words...hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post
    First, weird that I go to the main forum page and all I get is one big white screen.
    Yet I can come to any interior pages like this one.
    I have this problems as well!

Okay, it is still illegal aliens meeting certain requirements can join the service.

And we have this starting up.
    Undocumented Immigrants Push For Military Service Under Deferred Action

And remember, our own war of independence....a good half of our army were considered illegal aliens since they came to America, and the British did not want them here.
    EG: the founder of my wife's family came to the country from Ireland and fought in the war on our side.
    Either George Washington or the Continental Congress made all who served citizens of the new country.
    They also allowed all those who had supported England to stay as citizens or feel free to leave.

Well, I may have added the last 4 words...hahahahaha
    Why does the military need women when the US has a vast supply of illegal aliens?

Better yet, start rounding up the illegals and send them to Afghanistan. I bet that would fix the illegal immigration problem.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Better yet, start rounding up the illegals and send them to Afghanistan. I bet that would fix the illegal immigration problem.
    Sorry my mind is drawing a blank here. I think some country did that with prisoners if they came back alive the got their freedom. I think it was a long time ago. Forgot what they were called.

As for me I have no plans on joining an army any time soon.

Sami
    Current Celebrity Gossip Movies & More TV Site
    Find out how I'm able to get up to 420 backlinks for month, by spending 30 seconds per day...all for FREE! - Click Here

Russia in WWII, penal battalions.
    Prisoners, anyone who shirked their duties, etc.
    And the entire Russian army was operating under the 5% rule.
    Fight and you have a 5% chance of staying alive.
    Don't fight and 100% chance of being killed by the NKVD.

Promised if they survived the war, they were made good citizens of the motherland.

Stalin did not keep that promise.

USA and Britain tried out using prisoners, but on the whole it was more problem than it was worth.

The Germans had an infamous penal unit, SS Dirlewanger Brigade commanded by Colonel Oskar Dirlewanger. After the end of World War I, Dirlewanger, described in a police report as "a mentally unstable, violent fanatic and alcoholic, who had the habit of erupting into violence under the influence of drugs,"

Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/36th_Wa...sion_of_the_SS

Dirlewanger served in the FreiKorp after WW1 amd was ejected from the Nazi party during the 1930s for numerous crimes. He was given a get-out-of-jail card in order to serve in the Condor Legion during the Spanish Civil War.

Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Dirlewanger

From there Dirlewanger Brigade was formed and the unit became infamous for war crimes. In addition to German convicts the Dirlewanger Brigade recruited Soviet POWS.

In fact, the Germans recruited massive amounts of non-germans into SS Divisions. Most German occupied countries produced at least 1 SS Division. Even countries allied to the US, like France, Belgium and Holland all fielded SS divisions.

THe US after WW2 had a program to accept 18,000 foreign anti-soviet fighters into the military. The program was not popular with the brass and very few foreigner were recruited.

And do not forget.....the lovers of Hitler and his entire regime are alive and well today....they are called muslims.
    WWII, about one million muslims entered into service for the Germans, into SS units.

The Russians had no qualms about women serving on the front line.
    Some of their best snipers were women.
    Women fought and died alongside the men.

People really have no idea just how brutal combat was on the eastern front.

Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Why does the military need women when the US has a vast supply of illegal aliens?
    I don't have an issue with illegals joining the military for perhaps 5 years and emerging with citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami4u View Post
    Sorry my mind is drawing a blank here. I think some country did that with prisoners if they came back alive the got their freedom. I think it was a long time ago. Forgot what they were called.
    It was a Hollywood movie called The Dirty Dozen.

People really have no idea just how brutal combat was on the eastern front.
    You did if you were in the German army and got assigned there. Winter uniforms and coats never arrived the first year. Most German soldiers who died simply froze to death. German tanks also froze up, but the Russians knew how to keep theirs running in 30 below zero temperatures. I read a book about the Eastern Front many years ago. It was written by a German who survived, minus some frostbitten toes. The Germans were scared to death of the Russians because they didn't scream or cry when they got hit.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Considering that North Korea is the biggest threat to the US, Obama should watch this video.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    I don't have an issue with illegals joining the military for perhaps 5 years and emerging with citizenship.

It was a Hollywood movie called The Dirty Dozen.
    I still wonder why the US doesn't have an American Foreign Legion. The US has plenty of foreign bases and territories. The French Foreign Legion doesn't allow memebers to be married and I beleive that the pay is a little less than the regular forces. So, there's a great cost savings as dependent allowances and housing cost the US Military a great deal of budget. The biggest benefit is that you deploy the American Foreign Legion and you don't have Americans as targets.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    You did if you were in the German army and got assigned there. Winter uniforms and coats never arrived the first year. Most German soldiers who died simply froze to death. German tanks also froze up, but the Russians knew how to keep theirs running in 30 below zero temperatures. I read a book about the Eastern Front many years ago. It was written by a German who survived, minus some frostbitten toes. The Germans were scared to death of the Russians because they didn't scream or cry when they got hit.
    The crazy thing is that thousands of volunters from France, Belgium, Holland, Sweden, Norway, and Spain volunteered to join the SS and join the "War on Bolshevism" on the Eastern Front. The French Charlemagne SS were the last defenders of Hitler's bunker, defending the bunker until 2 May to prevent the Russians from capturing it on May Day.

The Last Heroes of The 33rd Waffen ϟϟ Grenadier Division Charlemagne - April/May 1945 - YouTube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12