Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NRA uses Justice memo to accuse Obama admin of wanting to confiscate guns

Finally, there is one state that shows some common sense for dealing with the school shooting issues. Wanna bet that their children never get massacred?

A State Backs Guns in Class for Teachers
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    I don't really have a problem with each state issuing a gun owners card after a background check.
    Actually it is what we have, a clark county registration for hanguns which is a local registration.

This article is pretty interesting, because it seems like the manufacturers are active. I also read that some Senators are in the election year and most Democrats are watched carefully on the gun control debate, particularly in rural area where people are pro 2nd Amendment and pro guns. If they vote for gun control, they are some possibilities that they will lose their seat in Congress.

Number Of U.S. Gun Makers Refusing Sales To Gov't In 'Firearms Equality Movement' Triples In Two Weeks
    UPDATE: Number Of U.S. Gun Makers Refusing Sales To Gov't In 'Firearms Equality Movement' Triples In Two Weeks | CNS News

I would like to ask you a question that I am not familiar with:

Is Congress voting on emotional issues or is the Congress voting based on facts?

I appreciate your answer
    Last edited by Franc Tireur; 15 March, 2013 at 23:48 PM.

Members of congress vote:
    Via the party line.
    Or
    Who is paying the bills.
    Or
    Whether they drank too much the previous evening.
    Or
    They flip a coin.

Or a combination of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post
    Members of congress vote:
    Via the party line.
    Or
    Who is paying the bills.
    Or
    Whether they drank too much the previous evening.
    Or
    They flip a coin.

Or a combination of all of them.
    LOL, a pretty interesting answer

He's right, but he left out "depends on who has pictures of them and an underaged hooker".
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

Quote Originally Posted by robjones View Post
    He's right, but he left out "depends on who has pictures of them and an underaged hooker".
    That does influence others on the way they vote.

Wonder if Nancy Pelosi puts out for votes?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    I would like to ask you a question that I am not familiar with:

Is Congress voting on emotional issues or is the Congress voting based on facts?

I appreciate your answer
    I don't think they vote based upon either. Everything is political and partisan. Their hearts would have to be in it if the issue is emotional and their brains would have to be involved if based upon facts. A political issue is what energizes their base voters. Democrats will not turn their attention on criminals, which are the real problem, because they would alienate their voting base. Several studies have shown that at least 90% of criminals vote (or did until convicted of a felony) Democrat. That is the reason why the Democrats keep pushing to remove the voting restriction from convicted felons.

Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post
    Wonder if Nancy Pelosi puts out for votes?
    She would have trouble finding takers, but I suspect Nancy Pelosi would sell her grandchildren into slavery if it got her re-elected. That old fossil should have been put out to pasture a long time ago. It is amazing that the polls show that she is the least liked member of Congress, but she keep getting re-elected by the fruitcakes and nitwits in California.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Wayne LaPierre's response to Obama's 2013 State of the Union Address

In an hour-long speech, nowhere were the words “school safety” to be found. Less than two months after saying we had to look at our schools, the president made not one mention, in his entire speech, of the need to improve security for our schoolchildren.
    When nothing else matters — to every parent in America — President Obama had nothing to say about school security. And nothing he’s proposed has anything to do with protecting one child in any school.
    A year ago, I began to warn America’s gun owners that, if re-elected, President Obama would set about dismantling the Second Amendment. That, with no more elections to worry about, the president would wait for the right political opportunity to exploit and launch the most aggressive campaign in history to destroy our rights.

Bans on millions of commonly owned rifles, shotguns and handguns ... bans on tens of millions of standard magazines ... bans on private transfers, even between family members ... import bans ... a federal database to track firearms and their owners, tantamount to national registration of every single gun owner in the country.

It was only a few weeks ago when they were marketing their anti-gun agenda as a way of protecting schoolchildren from harm. That charade ended at the State of the Union, when the president himself exposed their fraudulent intentions.

It’s not about keeping our kids safe at school. That wasn’t even mentioned in the president’s speech. They only care about their decades-old gun control agenda — ban every gun they can, tax every gun sold and register every gun owner.
    Wayne LaPierre's response to Obama's 2013 State of the Union Address

I love Wayne LaPierre, he is so right!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345