Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Governement Run Amuck: Something to Think About

1. Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post
    Also liberals love it when people on the right use terms like "jackboots", and "stomping".
    Because that is part of the liberal history.
    See nazi germany.
    lol. "Jackboots" might have been an inappropriate choice of words, though I'll stand by "stomping" as opposed to goose stepping. Much more purpose behind stomping.

Question: Is there a difference between liberal history and actual history?

Quote Originally Posted by obamanation View Post
    Does a bear crap in the woods?
    Get a history book from a local school and compare it to a history book from 50 years back.
    Talk about revisionist liberals on the march!

Back then, we learned about the purchases our government made to obtain so much land.
    How much we paid for land that are now states.
    Now kids are taught we STOLE the lands from Mexico, Spain, etc.

Of course there is. A perfect example is the history of Franklin D Roosevelt. If you look at most of what was written about FDR, you would think that he rode in on a white horse and saved the entire world. In fact, his actions were the most un-Constitutuinal in our history, such as locking up 40,000 Japanese American citizens and 10,000 Germans and Italians Americans without any due process. These were mostly American citizens, not foreign invaders. He also confiscated all of their properties and assets.

FDR's actions, such as rising the top marginal tax rates on wealthy Americans to 78% and then 94% were very likely what kept the USA in a deep depression, because government was confiscating the money normally used to create more businesses and jobs. He created a wave of class warfare that garnered popular support for his schemes.

FDR was also fiercely partisan. Back in those days, you could not hold a government job unless you at least pretended to be a hard-core Democrat. My grandmother worked for the Federal government throughout the Great Depression. She lived in terror of losing her job if there was any mention of a Republican in her family. She also believed that voting was monitored, so she became a staunch Democrat out of necessity. As Hoover Dam was being built, the original design called for a large letter 'H' on the face. Roosevelt personally ordered it removed and he changed the name to Boulder Dam, because he "wasn;t going to allow it to be named for any damned Republican." I think it was changed back to Hoover Dam in the 1980s.

You will never read about any of this in the books written about FDR by Liberals. If you look at the actual history, he was the Hugo Chavez of the 1930s and 1940s.

The real problem is that most history books are written by Liberals. Do you think that any Liberal is going to write a fair and honest assessment about our current president? Most Liberals still think he walks on water. They cannot help it. There is sonething in the Kool-Aid they consume.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

4. Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    FDR was also fiercely partisan. Back in those days, you could not hold a government job unless you at least pretended to be a hard-core Democrat. My grandmother worked for the Federal government throughout the Great Depression. She lived in terror of losing her job if there was any mention of a Republican in her family. She also believed that voting was monitored, so she became a staunch Democrat out of necessity.
    I dug around for any articles covering such a story and was unable to find them. I'd love to see a link on this.

The assault weapons ban passed the committee and is headed for the senate floor for a vote... but not before Senator Ted Cruz wiped the floor with Feinstein and Durbin on the topic of the 2nd amendment. Cruz is going to be a major force in DC. He's pissing off idiots on both sides of the aisle.

-- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

I have watched Senator Cruz many times on the 2nd Amendment, and he is so smart that you can see in the video that other Democrat Senators and the Chairman Senator are rushing to help Senator Feinstein.

Quote Originally Posted by robjones View Post
    The assault weapons ban passed the committee and is headed for the senate floor for a vote... but not before Senator Ted Cruz wiped the floor with Feinstein and Durbin on the topic of the 2nd amendment. Cruz is going to be a major force in DC. He's pissing off idiots on both sides of the aisle.
    I don't know if you watched from the beginning, because it worth to see all the Amendments trashed.

C-SPAN Video Player

Nothing more joyful than putting on a nice big set of jackboots, stomping through the daisy field, and looking at the shattered liberal psyches in your wake. If you have the chance, I highly recommend it.
    I just saw this. Well put!

I think jackboots is appropriate, because that is how the Left always tries to portray the Right. Just give them their stereotype and use use it to try to kick some sense into them. I know it will not work, but visualizing the kicking part is useful to help one maintain their sanity in a Liberally dominated political environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    I have watched Senator Cruz many times on the 2nd Amendment, and he is so smart that you can see in the video that other Democrat Senators and the Chairman Senator are rushing to help Senator Feinstein.
    I get a kick out of idiot Feinstein who doesn't care is a law infringes upon our Constitutional rights. In her view, it the the job of the Congress to make laws and the job of the Supreme Court to interpret them. She doesn't seem to care if the laws are illegal or violate our rights. She is one of the best reasons for term limits on all of these goons.

Her comments also underscore the long-term damage that Obama can do to our rights if he is able to appoint a couple of Supreme Court justices during his current term. He cannot do any worse than Ginsburg, who is likely to be the next to pass away, but if any Conservative justices are replaced, our rights will be in jeopardy for a long time.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

9. Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    I get a kick out of idiot Feinstein who doesn't care is a law infringes upon our Constitutional rights. In her view, it the the job of the Congress to make laws and the job of the Supreme Court to interpret them. She doesn't seem to care if the laws are illegal or violate our rights. She is one of the best reasons for term limits on all of these goons.

Her comments also underscore the long-term damage that Obama can do to our rights if he is able to appoint a couple of Supreme Court justices during his current term. He cannot do any worse than Ginsburg, who is likely to be the next to pass away, but if any Conservative justices are replaced, our rights will be in jeopardy for a long time.
    Yah, Ginsberg is a lunatic and an extremist. Hard to get a feel for Keegan, but I suspect Sotomayor might become something other than a rubber stamp for liberals.

Lets not forget that conservative presidents brought us justices Stevens and Souter, who weigh in reliably with the liberal side of the bench, and that Roberts was the single justice who made ObamaCare the law of the land. From what I can tell, SC Justices think of themselves somewhat as Monarchs, unaccountable to anyone. Once they make the bench, they do what they want. Perhaps the more important thing to do is to better elect the people who approve their passage to the high court.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post

In her speeches and comments it is full of contradictions and I think she is more motivated by new legislations on gun control than saving lifes or saving kids lifes. First, a firearm in the wrong hands with one, two or 10 cartridges could have deadly consequences. Second, police in Elementary school should be mandatory, nothing is more precious than kids.

And third, considerate law abiding citizens like criminals is completly wrong, She didn't have a word or any proposed action against the criminals, that's very surprising! If what she said was true, why after so many gun control laws in California there is so many criminals? Are the criminals obey laws? I mean there are some questions about the efficiency of these laws...

The 2nd Amendment is not only about self defense, hunting, target shooting...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast