Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Information Voters and the Sequester

Look at NYC....80% of HS grads are functionally illiterate!

With the government telling schools not to give any kid a grade below C?
    Just wait for the future graduates!

Hey, that is one way for the government to show that their programs are raising the grade point average for students.

At one time, a C was considered to be average. Now it means you are a total and complete screw-up.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
    If you were to turn around that last statement that she voted for Obama "because he's black", it would be considered blatantly racist if I were to say that I voted for Romney because he's white.
    As long as she only votes once, I don't have a problem with that. As Allen West says, a liberals worst fears are black Republicans. I think that the Republicans are wrong to chase the illegal alien vote when in fact blacks are some of the most patriotic people out there. It's just a matter of outreach.

The funny thing is that the Obama Phone Lady is now a voting Republican.

Actually, she didn't say that she is now voting Republican. She just says that she will not vote for Obama in 2016. My money says that she will still vote Democrat. She may be on YouTube in 2016 talking about how, "I got me a HillaryPhone."

If Obama does get the chance to run again, we will know that the country has been completely lost.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Buck Ofama running again?
    Entirely possible....

I see either he will make the supreme grab for all power, or it will be given to him by the people.

At that time, revolution.

GOP'S MCKINLEY GAINING SUPPORT IN CHICAGO DEMOCRAT STRONGHOLDS
    GOP's McKinley Gaining Support in Chicago Democrat Strongholds

The race for Jesse Jackson Jr's congressional seat is hardly getting noticed by the main stream media. Republican Paul McKinley is a convicted felon that is running against the Chicago machine.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    Actually, she didn't say that she is now voting Republican. She just says that she will not vote for Obama in 2016. My money says that she will still vote Democrat. She may be on YouTube in 2016 talking about how, "I got me a HillaryPhone."

If Obama does get the chance to run again, we will know that the country has been completely lost.
    Yeah! I guess that was wishful thinking.

There is an interesting article about changing politics and the view of government's role in the USA. It is curious that a very frank article like this is published in the New York Times.

The Progressive Shift

It looks like the Dems are trying to push the top marginal tax rate up to 49%.

It also looks like Bill Maher finally realized that the top 1% are now paying 70% of all Federal income taxes with the new 39.6% top marginal rate.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    There is an interesting article about changing politics and the view of government's role in the USA. It is curious that a very frank article like this is published in the New York Times.
    Bill Maher is threatening to leave California due to high taxes. Bill Maher says he's willing to pay his fair share whatever that means. I've seen Ed Anser talk until he was blue in the face about paying his fair share. But the Hollywood Liberals never mention the big tax breaks that go to the studios.

Bill Maher: Liberals Could 'Actually Lose Me' on Their Tax the Rich Mantra

Hollywood backs higher taxes, tax breaks for films
    The big stars and biggest Obama supporters get $1.5 billion in tax breaks a year and an additional $430 million in tax breaks came in the fiscal cliff deal at the end of the year.

Hollywood backs higher taxes, tax breaks for films | Fox News Video

The move stars can also get huge tax breaks if they sponsor a charity. That is why they practically kill for those opportunities. The way I understand it, it works like this. If the Jerry Lewis Telethon raises $1 million, Jerry Lewis gets to write off a chunk of that because the use of his name made him the sponsor. In other words, the assumption is that the charity would not have raised $1 million if not for the Jerry Lewis name. They get to write this off against their income even though they have not contributed a single penny. I don't know what percentage they can write off, but from what I have read in the past, some multimillionaire movie stars pay no Federal income taxes.

Low information Obama voters at their best At the end of the video they ask where they get their information from. The answers (drum roll) NPR, CNN, New York Times and Bill Maher (Haha!)

Last edited by bogart; 21 March, 2013 at 19:18 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast