View Poll Results: The data in this video is correct?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 100.00%
  • no

0 0%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wealth Inequality in America - Is the data correct?

Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post
    I would never trust a private company with gold, silver.

Nor a bank box.

And keeping cash at home, any amount, is not going to hurt the cash flow or disrupt some wicked system.
    I do agree. Anyone who invests in gold or silver and allows a company to "hold it for them" is out of their mind. The same for all of these scams where they want you to convert your retirement accounts into gold accounts. If you want to own gold or silver, you need to have physical possession of the coins or bullion. It is safer to bury it in the back yard than to allow the gold hucksters to hold it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    In my opinion, in case you keep cash at home, you just disrupt a part of the fractional reserve banking system.
    As I have said before, the overwhelming majority of deposits in people's accounts do not exist in any form. It is simply electronic data. If more people keep money at home, this lessens the need for the banks to hold a large fractional reserve.

As far as gold, look at all the wealthy people, even Soros sold out a huge part of his stock market to buy gold, it tells that something is going to happen.
    Don't forget that Soros is a crook who made most of his early money by manipulating currencies. If Soros is investing heavily in gold, it is most likely because he is trying to drive the price higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dammann View Post
    So let's go deep:

Savings Bonds: Scam?

War Bonds: You tell me?

Anything investing in that has to do with government seems to increase in value. But is not counting inflation.

True or false?
    Investment in any government securities is only as safe as the financial strength of the government. Do you know anyone who feels that the USA government is financially secure? If they collapse the currency, even government securities may be worthless because they are invested in dollars. The more insolvent the governement becomes, the more investments like these become Ponzi schemes.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Another thing that needs to be considered is immigration both illegal and legal. There are more than 50 million immigrants (legal and illegal) and their U.S.-born children (under 18). Much of the legal immigration is chain migration and these immigrants end up on welfare. 68% of immigrants both legal/illegal receive some type of welfare assistance.

This is sure to skew any income distribution graph. There's only so much money that you can make washing cars and mowing lawns.

Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Another thing that needs to be considered is immigration both illegal and legal. There are more than 50 million immigrants (legal and illegal) and their U.S.-born children (under 18). Much of the legal immigration is chain migration and these immigrants end up on welfare. 68% of immigrants both legal/illegal receive some type of welfare assistance.

This is sure to skew any income distribution graph. There's only so much money that you can make washing cars and mowing lawns.
    I am wondering what kind of wellfare a legal immigrant can receive, at least a legal immingrant pay high priced immigration documents, pay more driver licence fees regarding the expiration date linked to immigration documents, taxes and income tax.

Now the illegals pay nothing, take your pick.

I am wondering what kind of wellfare a legal immigrant can receive, at least a legal immingrant pay high priced immigration documents, pay more driver licence fees regarding the expiration date linked to immigration documents, taxes and income tax.

The issue isn't so much with immigrants, but that Federal law is not being enforced. Immigrants on family reunification visas aren't supposed to be eligible for welfare benefits.

According to the National Review, "Legal immigrants are potentially eligible for dozens of welfare programs, and even illegal immigrants can benefit indirectly, provided at least one member of their household is here legally."

WelcometoUSA.gov prominently features information on how new immigrants can obtain benefits, including cash assistance, food stamps, and Medicaid. Furthermore, a program established in 2004 ensures that Mexican consulates on U.S. soil promote food-stamp benefits to immigrants.
    Federal law states that the U.S. should not admit immigrants who are likely to become a “public charge.” Yet the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State examine only the Supplemental Security Income and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families programs when making this assessment. That ignores more than 75 other federal-assistance programs. Even so, State Department data show that only 0.068 percent of visa applications were denied in fiscal year 2011 because a prospective immigrant was at risk for becoming welfare-dependent.

Once you have the Green Card, you are, from what I understand, entitled to every type of welfare which a U.S. citizen can receive. Which is strange, because the first thing that you need to show when applying for the work visa is that you have work, a sponsor, a certain amount of cash that you can sustain yourself and proof of employment history.

One would think that the people allowed in are those who make things happen on their own. Reality seems to differ from that.

I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dammann View Post
    Once you have the Green Card, you are, from what I understand, entitled to every type of welfare which a U.S. citizen can receive. Which is strange, because the first thing that you need to show when applying for the work visa is that you have work, a sponsor, a certain amount of cash that you can sustain yourself and proof of employment history.

One would think that the people allowed in are those who make things happen on their own. Reality seems to differ from that.
    There are different kinds of green card, did you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    The issue isn't so much with immigrants, but that Federal law is not being enforced. Immigrants on family reunification visas aren't supposed to be eligible for welfare benefits.

According to the National Review, "Legal immigrants are potentially eligible for dozens of welfare programs, and even illegal immigrants can benefit indirectly, provided at least one member of their household is here legally."
    I don't know about these programmes, I have for principal to do with what we've got, sometimes yes, like anybody else you need some help, but It should be only temporary.

I don't know about these programmes, I have for principal to do with what we've got, sometimes yes, like anybody else you need some help, but It should be only temporary.
    The problem is that the US accepts the wrong kinds of immigrants. The 1965 Immigration Act favors family re-unification over skills. So, basically the system favor chain-immigration over what kind of skill-sets are needed in the economy.

Another factor is that Hispanics send their savings back to their home countries. Remittances to Latin America and Caribbean were almost $70 billion in 2012.

The eligibility requirement for food stamps require that you have less than $2,000 in the bank. This is how Latin Americans game the system by wiring the money back to their home country.

Getting back to Wealth Inequality in America, the $70 billion a year in remittances is another factor in wealth distribution that isn't accounted for.

Anyway, there's plenty of immigrants that do in fact contribute to the economy. Immigrants by far create more small businesses than any other segment of the population. But I would say that 75% of immigrants are coming for the welfare. There's no way that the average Mexican is going to bring his family to the US to live off of $7.25 a hour. In many states that doesn't even cover rent.

Actually, no, I didn't. Has to do with whether you are a foreign professional or if you have American citizen relatives claiming you?

There are different kinds of green card, did you know that?
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

7 different kinds of commonly issued green cards.

Who the crap knew this?

According to journalists who make 10 to 20 million dollars a year, a business person making one million dollars a year is ripping his employees, his customers and the government off.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast