View Poll Results: The data in this video is correct?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 100.00%
  • no

0 0%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Wealth Inequality in America - Is the data correct?

Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post
    7 different kinds of commonly issued green cards.

Who the crap knew this?
    That's a lot of green cards. No wonder the system is such a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
    I am wondering what kind of wellfare a legal immigrant can receive, at least a legal immingrant pay high priced immigration documents, pay more driver licence fees regarding the expiration date linked to immigration documents, taxes and income tax.

Now the illegals pay nothing, take your pick.
    Illegal aliens can get drivers licenses in New Mexico, Washington, Utah and now Illinois.

Even worse, illegal aliens file federal income taxes and claim the earned income credit. They can get a refund of more than $5,000 even if they didn't pay taxes.

Illegal aliens received more than $4.2 billion in 2012 using child tax credits.

Gov’t Audit: Illegal Immigrants Received $4.2 Billion in Tax Credits Last Year | TheBlaze.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dammann View Post
    Actually, no, I didn't. Has to do with whether you are a foreign professional or if you have American citizen relatives claiming you?
    You have green cards with different conditions, like if you are investor, if an employer sponsor you, if you are married with an American, etc, some conditions have the possibility to be removed, and some other cannot and you have a green card without conditions or conditions removed, basically the path for citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    That's a lot of green cards. No wonder the system is such a mess.

Illegal aliens can get drivers licenses in New Mexico, Washington, Utah and now Illinois.

Even worse, illegal aliens file federal income taxes and claim the earned income credit. They can get a refund of more than $5,000 even if they didn't pay taxes.

Gov’t Audit: Illegal Immigrants Received $4.2 Billion in Tax Credits Last Year | TheBlaze.com
    I am not for these kinds of things, it just send the wrong signal to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by iowadawg View Post

According to journalists who make 10 to 20 million dollars a year
    You mean top writers top payoffs?
    I am also a writer for Serpholic Media. You can find some of my articles here: Serpholic Media Blog

The problem is that the US accepts the wrong kinds of immigrants. The 1965 Immigration Act favors family re-unification over skills. So, basically the system favor chain-immigration over what kind of skill-sets are needed in the economy.
    Prior to the 1965 law that was pushed through by the Democrats, we has a quota system where we only allowed xxxx number of immigrants to enter from each country and mostly from countries with hard-working, educated citizens. The old system was labelled as discriminatory and racist because it did not favor countries like Somalia, Haiti, Pakistan, etc. The quota system actually had nothing to do with race or skin color, but it preferred immigrants from countries that showed a long history of providing people who became productive citizens.

"It all starts with the guy who digs the hole." That is a common answer from construction workers as to why some homes are so poorly constructed.

The 1965 Immigration Act was the first nail on the coffin that led to today's immigration problems, just like Jimmy Carter's Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 led to the eventual collapse of the housing market by forcing banks to give loans to unqualified people.

I know that Congress was trying to change the law to cut this off, but I don't know if they were successful. There is a video out there that shows interviews with several illegals who were each claiming up to 20 dependents, none of which lived in the USA.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567