Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Liberal Media is Getting Giddy About Immigration Reform

If we deport them, think of all the doc forgers we'd be putting outta business.
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    You never hear about illegal aliens getting prosecuted for possessing fake documents. If we did that kind of shit, We'd be locked up!
    The liberal media makes it look like Joe Arpaio, our county sheriff who is known for busting illegals, is harassing Hispanics. Nothing could be further from the truth. His roundup sweeps of illegals are primarily focused on companies where a large percentage of identity theft is occurring. Every time he raids a company, a large number of illegals are busted. 25% of Arizonans are hit with identify theft at some point. The problem is that the Obama administration refuses to deport these people. For some reason they do not think identity theft is a crime.

Sometimes state employees are people caught forging documents for illegals. Back when Janet Napolitano was governor of Arizona there was a Democrat push to give driver's licenses to illegals by putting the issue on the ballot as a Proposition. The Republicans argued against it on the basis that it would give illegals the right to vote. Napolitano made it a major issue by calling a press conference where she adamantly stated, "That never happens!"

One week before the vote a Federal raid busted several state employees who were selling genuine drivers licenses to illegals for $1500 a pop. The Proposition failed.

Earlier this week Colorado, a state the Democrats have taken over, granted drivers licenses to illegals. The country is sliding into a shithole much faster than I would have believed possible. And if the Dems take over Congress in the next election, we ain't seen nothin' yet compared to the damage Obama can do with full control of the legislature.

Rob, they have their sights set on Texas. If they manage to pick up those Electoral College votes, honest Americans do not stand a chance. The nuts are currently running the asylum and they are not satisfied with what they have.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

3. Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Most people don't know this. Asian immigration is surpassing Hispanic immigration. About 430,000 Asians, or 36 percent of all new immigrants, arrived in the U.S. in 2010, according to the latest census data. That's compared to about 370,000, or 31 percent, who were Hispanic.

You would think that Asians would be natural Republicans. (Two in five Chinese foreign-born adults had a bachelor's or higher degree and mostly high-skilled.) But this is not the case, Asians are strong Democratic voters that prefer big government and more services. Asians also want more immigration as over half of Chinese-born lawful permanent residents were family-sponsored immigrants.
    Republicans have been getting slaughtered across the board with non-white voters, but a large part of that has been skillful politicking by the Democrats, painting the Republicans as racists. I know quite a few Chinese. The ones I know are all highly educated and gun owners to the last of them (one in particular had such a large arsenal that he could legitimately be called a gun nut).

IMO, the Republican's biggest problem right now is the Tea Party. Reform is costing us electoral seats and sending out mixed messages. Guys like McCain and Graham have to be flushed down the toilet in favor of guys like Cruz, West, and Paul(The Younger). When the Republican party realigns behind a message of libertarian values and fiscal conservatism, you'll likely see the hard religious right and big government folks move over to the Democrats, while the Republicans pick up the middle and the non-moonbats from the left.

We could feasibly win elections for half a century, but we have to get there first. In the mean time, it is going to be hard to be popular with a party divided against itself and the Democrats standing on the side slinging mud.

The Democrats are winning for one reason. They are the party of freebies and more people are lining up at their trough.

Over half of the country does not understand that in order for the government to give $1 to a non-productive person, they have to take $4 away from someone who is productive. Everything between the two numbers is lost due to bureaucracy and inefficiency. Everyone complains that their taxes are too high, yet over 47% pay zero Federal income taxes--and you can find most of them at the trough.

The country cannot survive playing the Democrats game and people just don't see that we are becoming Greece.

I don't think the Tea Party has hurt the Republicans, but the false image painted by the Democrats has. Don't forget that the guys you mention are Tea Party favorites.

Every problem we currently have in this country, except for perhaps two wars started by Bush, can be traced back to the Democrats.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

5. Quote Originally Posted by TopDogger View Post
    I don't think the Tea Party has hurt the Republicans, but the false image painted by the Democrats has. Don't forget that the guys you mention are Tea Party favorites.
    The tea party is improving / culling the Republican party in my opinion. Change is painful. It has cost us some elections. Change comes with opportunists and kooks.

Take Michelle Bachman, founder of the tea party caucus in congress. She stands for almost nothing that the tea party stands for, in my opinion. Her husband is ridiculously gay yet lives in denial of his sexuality. She and her husband accept subsidies for their farms yet supposedly run on the Tea Party platform of smaller government and elimination of gubment kickbacks? She is highly religious and she seems to have little issue mixing her religious views into her legislation.

Bachman is a highly intelligent opportunist, and I can appreciate that, but she is absolutely the wrong person to have the "Tea Party" label attached to her.

I can also appreciate that some of the highly religious folks from the deep south share tea party values of small government and fiscal sanity. The problem is, when we throw out politically savvy RINOs in favor of some fiscally sane (tea party) people who also talk about the need for a victim of rape or incest to carry that child to term, we alienate every unmarried woman in the country from either party.

Yeah, I lived in Minnesota for many years and am familiar with the Bachman family. The family owns a very successful gardening center business.

At this point I think Michelle is a little too green and comes off as being a bits dipsy, but I know she has some gray matter. She may improve as she toughens up and gains experience. Michelle barely won her last election in Minnesota, which is a state almost as liberal as Massachusetts. Don't forget that Minnesota is the state that elected Al Franken as Senator and Mark Dayton as Governor. They are two of the dumbest Democrat politicians I have ever met, but as a good friend in Minnesota always reminds me, "They would vote for Daffy Duck in Minnesota as long as he runs as a Democrat."

Minnesota also elected Jesse Ventura as Governor as a Reform party candidate. I lived in Brooklyn park when Jesse was the mayor there. He was a good mayor, but flopped as governor.

7. I have no ax to grind with Bachman's farm subsidies, Ventura's conspiracy theories, and I sure as hell have no issue with O'Donnell's practice of "witchcraft" as a teenager(let me fantasize about that for a moment). I take no issue with Bachman's husbands attempts to "cure" homosexuality, or the deeply religious folk who think the world is 10,000 years old, or Lord Mittens magic under pants (as the liberals call him/them). I try and be pragmatic. People are full of whacky ideas, and Americans are no different.

I just prefer the people who lead this country check their whacky ideas at the door. If I honestly thought Mitt was going to consult his magic underwear on issues of governance, I would never have voted for him. I don't care if you are religious, but if you want to our public schools to teach creationism, you can count me out.

The message we need to be pushing is that the ideas that the government creates prosperity, or that teachers unions are good for education are just as absurd as the idea that the earth is 10,000 years old or that Mitt's underpants will help him go someplace other than the place the rest of us are going. Check your lunacy at the door.

You need to add, "Obama is a brilliant leader who is solving our problems" to the list of lunatic ideas.

I am not religious, but I have no problems with religious concepts playing a role in people's lives. Long ago religion was important to explain the world around us that at they time humans could not explain, and to create a civilizing effect on society. Religion, however, should not drive political decisions because it is based in dogmatic beliefs--which may or may not be true--rather than reality.

We do need a third party with an honest, strong and charismatic leader to step up to the plate in order to salvage this country. I like a lot of the concepts that the Libertarian Party is built on, but thus far most of the main players have fallen into the "kook fringe" category. We need someone strongly based in reality.

My main concern with this is that the country has drifted so far away from reality with political correctness, thinking that we should be the policemen of the world, and pigs-at-the-trough mentality, that anyone who steps up to the plate to actually solve the problems will be demonized as a dictator. It may actually take a dictator and a police state to fix this mess. However, history has shown us that after a collapse, brilliant leaders rarely emerge. Instead, we find the leaders that take charge are more likely to be people like Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Castro, Pol Pot, etc.

On the topic of religious motivations, you can't tell me the Obama worshippers are not religious zealots.

obama halo.jpg
    -- Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. --

10. Quote Originally Posted by robjones View Post
    On the topic of religious motivations, you can't tell me the Obama worshippers are not religious zealots.

obama halo.jpg
    Tongue in cheek aside, its a commonly ignored fact that there are as many self identifying Christian Democrats as there are self identifying Christian Republicans. I find that fact a bit amazing, considering the prevalent intolerance for the religious among Democrats. When Brian Williams cooked up his hit piece on the Mormon religion a few weeks before election day, the moon bats came out in force with the "magic underwear" narrative, propped up by the main stream media.

I can't figure out how any religious person can continue to vote with so many bigoted people who clearly hate them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast